PDA

View Full Version : First Gameplay Trailer

Apoc
11-10-2014, 04:24 AM
Las Vegas, NV – November 10, 2014 - Hey everyone, we’ve had to delay our beta while we sort out some Steam stuff. In the meantime, we’ve taken this opportunity to polish up the beta as much as possible for later this month.

As a consolation for making you wait a bit longer, here is our first gameplay footage for Primal Carnage: Extinction!

Also, for those who don’t read the forums, here’s some screenshots you may have missed!

http://primalcarnage.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/media_trapperraptor.jpg

http://primalcarnage.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/media_frozenchasm.jpg

http://primalcarnage.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/media_trexspino.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2j-oG2MQtE

[PC] Jurassic
11-10-2014, 04:37 AM
Now that is an awesome gameplay trailer! That's exactly how I wanted to see it. Great job guys!

Also, where are the white dinosaurs in the frozen chasm picture?

Carolzilla
11-10-2014, 04:52 AM
YES GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE \O/
Also now Trapper (?) has a new voice actor? Since the screaming sounds very different haha.

But I'm happy to see all the new stuff, especially some of the new weapons for the humans and how the Ptera can knock people over

(Also 1:20 was priceless)

Evan Chojnowski
11-10-2014, 04:56 AM
some of the camera angle on the dinosaurs looked a bit... off... will those be modified? or will the player be able to change them? also the pounce is back to being a launch foreword :( what happened to the leap? i like the new trapper net and pyro flare gun. i also like how the humans have a determined turn radius. i think i saw a ptera or tupa push, not grab, but push someone off a bridge...

Evan
11-10-2014, 04:57 AM
I expected it to look good.

It looks f*cking gorgeous.

Bartbrink1996
11-10-2014, 05:05 AM
It's amazing. :D

Super excited right now but also sad we don't get to play it today. :p

Evan Chojnowski
11-10-2014, 05:05 AM
also, what happened to the ptera/tupas head moving?

Iago
11-10-2014, 05:23 AM
Yes! A Fare Gun!

Il_Lupo
11-10-2014, 05:36 AM
That certainly looks like a Primal Carnage update.

Apoc
11-10-2014, 05:37 AM
I'm fairly happy with the result. This footage was taken from two different machines, one running at 110ms~ ping and one at 200ms~ ping.

Evan
11-10-2014, 05:42 AM
Are these maximum graphics? Just curious. :rolleyes:

crockodille
11-10-2014, 05:45 AM
are we going to get some more info with this about the behind the scenes stuff and pre-orders aswell?

dibuggy
11-10-2014, 05:50 AM
Yeeeaaah, Thanks for the gameplay trailer.It looks great and fun :) Laughed at the moment 1:03-1:05

Deltadromeus
11-10-2014, 05:53 AM
:eek:
That was *sniff* beautiful! Somebody is going to have to give this game hell, because after I'm done playing it, there won't be any left!

Shadow
11-10-2014, 06:05 AM
looks amazing :) and its only in alpha stage! imagine the game when its finished :D

Apoc
11-10-2014, 06:10 AM
Are these maximum graphics? Just curious. :rolleyes:

Youtube does wonders to the quality. :( Will try to get something up on Vimeo to show off something better.

Karmataurus
11-10-2014, 06:18 AM
Lookin pretty good, that quilly raptor is absolutely fantastic! Might even use it over my feathered one...

Only problem, as someone else stated, some of the dino camera angles look off, particularly the big boys.

Other than that, fantastic work!

FlameFireBlast
11-10-2014, 06:19 AM
I need this! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Apoc
11-10-2014, 06:20 AM
Lookin pretty good, that quilly raptor is absolutely fantastic! Might even use it over my feathered one...

Only problem, as someone else stated, some of the dino camera angles look off, particularly the big boys.

Other than that, fantastic work!

This is because the camera now rotates around the body, not the head.

(Also dinosaurs have shoulder cams)

Evan Chojnowski
11-10-2014, 06:31 AM
are the shoulder cams a changeable option?

Apoc
11-10-2014, 06:31 AM
Of course. Middle mouse button.

Evan Chojnowski
11-10-2014, 06:33 AM
awesome :) what about the pounce though?

Apoc
11-10-2014, 06:37 AM
The pounce is still actively being worked on- but it has more uses other than the "shotgun" pounce that it was in 1.3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oqiVyaUuOQ

FlameFireBlast
11-10-2014, 06:37 AM
Of course. Middle mouse button.

May I just say... THANK YOU! Thank you for this master peace, I have not been this hyped in so long!

Evan Chojnowski
11-10-2014, 06:40 AM
i like some aspects of it... but hate others already XD
could we see more on the tupa and cryo?

ps. i like the light house in the background of docks. very nice.

Dark_Messiah
11-10-2014, 06:41 AM
Fair point. We've been busy cranking out a build and filming stuff for the gameplay trailer that's going out super soon, hadn't had the time to deal with the forum. You can expect a post about the beta delay to go up tomorrow alongside the trailer release. We may, or may not, be able to give more info regarding pre-orders and the situation that's been holding us back lately behind the scenes. The new date for the beta should be in that post.

Still waiting for that second thread with the new beta date. And possible explanations and infos.

Bartbrink1996
11-10-2014, 06:43 AM
The pounce is still actively being worked on- but it has more uses other than the "shotgun" pounce that it was in 1.3.

Looks cool, Is this still accurate to the latest build or is this old already? And do you need to roar now to pounce because the stamina doesn't go away after the roar. Lovely skin/skin variant though. :)

FlameFireBlast
11-10-2014, 06:43 AM

I don't even have it yet and i'm already in love!

Apoc
11-10-2014, 06:44 AM
Lovely skin/skin variant though. :)

New default actually.

Hardrosaur Hero
11-10-2014, 06:44 AM
Very nice pounce. Seems to jump up less but that is probably for the best. Can't be trying to pounce a human but instead just jump over him. I like the new parkour though. Question, what does the roar do now? It seems it has no effect at this time other than the animation. Also, pretty blinking lights. I spy a new health kit.

Apoc
11-10-2014, 06:45 AM
The roar is still Frenzy, I just roared before jumping to be all cool and stuff.

Carolzilla
11-10-2014, 06:46 AM

VIDEO
Even though that looks super cool, I'm not sure how would I feel seeing a bunch of 'flying' raptors after me XD

Komenja
11-10-2014, 06:46 AM
Awesome trailer! Great work, fellas.

Hardrosaur Hero
11-10-2014, 06:47 AM
The roar is still Frenzy, I just roared before jumping to be all cool and stuff.

Oh so now frenzy doesn't deplete stamina? It looks like pouncing takes you out of frenzy though. I ask, how is the Ovi's pounce different? Different height and/or length?

Evan Chojnowski
11-10-2014, 06:47 AM
does the frenzy no longer drain stamina?! or is it just really short and cancels jumping for that insanely short time?

Cnicko
11-10-2014, 06:48 AM
Wooohoo! \o/
I believe I was one of the firs tto see it, or atleast "like" it.... :3

Anyway, pretty good trailer, I was just slightly disapointed that you didn't use this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSrbNXC0D9Y) or this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heYzExLOwbg) song instead... Maybe for the launch trailer? :333

RahuStalker
11-10-2014, 06:52 AM
So we saw the Tupa knocking people over, I guess that's going to be it's unique subclass trait?

(Also dat Carno sprint jump)

Dark_Messiah
11-10-2014, 06:53 AM
Still waiting for that second thread with the new beta date. And possible explanations and infos.
Please don't quote videos.

Sorry i don't get it, are you trolling, or...

My quote and message didn't contain hate. sooo..

Well, whatever.

Evan Chojnowski
11-10-2014, 06:54 AM
So we saw the Tupa knocking people over, I guess that's going to be it's unique subclass trait?

i really do not like the idea of an aerial charger... but i guess the video shows that's what were getting.

RahuStalker
11-10-2014, 06:57 AM
i really do not like the idea of an aerial charger... but i guess the video shows that's what were getting.

I do not see what's so bad about it, if anything I feel this could be underpowered/situational. I mean of course this was merely a few seconds of footage but it's not hard to guess it won't be a Carno charge and therefore it would only really be useful in maps with death gaps.

Unless of course there is more to it than it shows.

Evan Chojnowski
11-10-2014, 07:00 AM
if all it does is push people and has some sort of stamina cost then i guess its ok. but if can be spammed or does damage i see it being a huge issue

Hardrosaur Hero
11-10-2014, 07:01 AM

I thought we saw that the tupa grabbed a human earlier though. Maybe tupa can also charge humans off ledge. IDK really.

Evan Chojnowski
11-10-2014, 07:02 AM
that was a ptera that grabbed someone. the tupa skin looked very similar to the pteras

erroreffect
11-10-2014, 07:08 AM
Oh yeah! Looks nice and all. Can't wait to see more.

Apoc
11-10-2014, 07:09 AM
I do not see what's so bad about it, if anything I feel this could be underpowered/situational.

Right now the Tupa is in a serious need of a nerf because it's the main reason I die right now. And it's scary.

Evan Chojnowski
11-10-2014, 07:12 AM
is it a bird? is it a plane? is it a- *K.I.A.*

that kind of deal? ^

Lleviathyn
11-10-2014, 07:20 AM
Very chic, very swag, very nice. I like it.

In all seriousness, the new dino mechanics look very smooth, the music fit great, and that flare gun had me laughing with joy. Well done guys. ;)

Yolaak Krosis-Drun
11-10-2014, 07:29 AM
This music... *eargasm* I love that trailer! :o
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/09/so-beautiful.gif
Can't wait any longer for that masterpiece. :<

Silk_Sk
11-10-2014, 07:30 AM
You guys should probably replace the crap trailer on the homepage now.

Fishychicken
11-10-2014, 07:38 AM
Well I figure I may as well give my first impressions of the game play show.

I felt there were quite a few moments that were pretty scripted that took out the immersion of the game play.

This could be a personal preference but I've got an issue with the choice of the flare gun. Its just seems like the same bland choice of side arm that pyros have to have now. It's starting to become a cliche since tf2 jump started that bandwagon. If anything it could've been an interesting side arm for the pathfinder that could've replaced his flares. Also will it actually light up when shot?

The tupa ramming ability seems.....odd of a choice for a side ability for a pterosaur. Seems rather impractical and pointless since I'd rather pick people up and drop them rather than ram them. How much damage does it do when at full speed?

Lastly the over the shoulder camera for the dinosaurs looks awful. It REALLY hugs against the body and blocks more of the players vision and could really use some tweaks.

Other than that it seems good so far.

Heisenraptor
11-10-2014, 07:40 AM
Nice trailer, I was hoping for a full match footage but I'm happy we got to see some nice mechanics in action!

Evan
11-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Youtube does wonders to the quality. :( Will try to get something up on Vimeo to show off something better.

That would be nice!

Inushiro
11-10-2014, 07:45 AM
The tupa now is a flying carno? AWESOMEEEE \☺\ \☺/ /☺/

Apoc tell us what the others second class do too!

Bigby
11-10-2014, 08:02 AM
0.42 - bit hard to tell from the blurry video (yay Youtube!) but is that a Trapper with a new voice actor? Sounds like he's screaming in Australian. :p

lolwow101
11-10-2014, 08:03 AM
OHH! I had a feeling there would be a new Default Raptor Skin! :D

Love the trailer by the way as it's so much more better than 'that' other one XD

Also, the new pounce mechanic now looks much better and has more to do in the pounce. I actually quite like that.

Totem Wolf
11-10-2014, 08:06 AM
RELEASE THE BEASTS, WE MUST HAVE RELEASE!!!!!

http://38.media.tumblr.com/24be1be90274252956595e5b19c77a79/tumblr_mm481mgJtU1s0e8ajo1_400.gif

Alkazair
11-10-2014, 08:08 AM
Oh my lord! I love that the feet adjust to un-even terrain!!

JediSpectre117
11-10-2014, 08:10 AM
IT'S GLORIOUS

Man all those weapons, skins, animations.
Admit it!!! there was no reason to delay the beta, you've got everything sorted out, it was just so you could tease us with this wasn't it, WASN'T IT!!! ;)

PhantomRaptor
11-10-2014, 08:28 AM
I'm lovin' that rex skin, and the music, is that a remixed track from the original PC Soundtrack (I bought it on ITunes), cause if it is, it's AWESOME!!! :cool:.

Edit: BTW, is the raptor at 1:08 a revamped version of the default raptor, it looks like it is, but it looks to have some extra markings on the tail?

Locharsa
11-10-2014, 08:30 AM
*strokes nonexistent mustache*

I was a bit skeptical about the new game at first, and disappointed when it got delayed, but now I'm pretty certain that this will become my new favorite game.

Edit: actually, PhantomRaptor, I'm pretty sure it's just the commando theme.

(LoD)LuisSuarus
11-10-2014, 08:38 AM
Seems not many notice the trapper's land mine. It's an awesome feature because it will add more variant attacks for the trapper, which I think suit him damn well. Wonder how much damage it will due on Dinos? It shouldn't be a carno one-hit kill, right?

BritishQuetzalcoatlus♀
11-10-2014, 08:40 AM
Love how far the pounce goes though and dat carno tupa, but what will the dilos roar do now?

Frank ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Baum
11-10-2014, 08:45 AM
How about the dino's roar, are they all the same, or they have changed?
Sorry if I comited any grammar mistakes

Jack Mills
11-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Meh..... :P some things dont feel right...

Yolaak Krosis-Drun
11-10-2014, 08:50 AM
Seems not many notice the trapper's land mine. It's an awesome feature because it will add more variant attacks for the trapper, which I think suit him damn well. Wonder how much damage it will due on Dinos? It shouldn't be a carno one-hit kill, right?

I bet it will make a grenade-like damage.

That mine will give some options to defend the humans hideout. So the game will get more tactical elements. I like that. Now our trapper can trap like a real trapper traps. ^-^

Cnicko
11-10-2014, 08:56 AM
Also, in that very scene, you might notice that the trapper holds his netgun very low and it looks slightly awkward. I guess they are using that other first person mode that you could activate for humans via a command, right?

BritishQuetzalcoatlus♀
11-10-2014, 09:00 AM
will there be a stream soon?

Alijar
11-10-2014, 09:09 AM
(These are questions in order of appearance in video).

he Pathfinder's shotgun feels very sluggish and slow. Is that just for testing purposes?
The flames seem a little OTT (Seriously, one flare gun lighting up a whole T-rex!?)
Is the big daddy Dilo coming back?:rolleyes:
Love the new Spino eating animation (is it new? It seems new). Also that Ragdoll effect XD
Did that carno just walk into that person and he died? Is that also the Plagued Carno skin?
Love the new picking up animation on Ptera. Also, you /2 for the scores now compared to 1.3?
The new pounce stuff seems very high-tech and awesome in every way. I presume it may be toned down in the release?
Like the fact that Carno can now jump while Sprinting, if only just a tiny bit.
The tail sweep seems very simple and discreet. Maybe too discreet. I dunno.
Nice to see the deagal in action.

All in all, I'm really pumped for this game, and lovin' every thing about it! (Except the new default Sniper and Commando skins. Perhaps they'll return as a skin? Please?)

ToxicWolf
11-10-2014, 09:11 AM
I just love this game! Great job on the new skins and also the new tupa mechanics! I love the game even more now! :)

Heisenraptor
11-10-2014, 09:22 AM

I think that Carno was just low on health.
I'm wondering how the dinos will be able to counterattack the mines, maybe the Cryo or Dilo spit will trigger them?

Cnicko
11-10-2014, 09:24 AM
The Pathfinder's shotgun feels very sluggish and slow. Is that just for testing purposes?
Did that carno just walk into that person and he died? Is that also the Plagued Carno skin?

I think whoever is playing the pathfinder is using a console controller in that scene.

I think that carno might've stepped on a mine.

I like the fact that dinosaurs can push around human ragdolls. I.e that spino kicking that pyro and the pathfinder who sort of got stuck on that carno's leg right before it got exploderized.

Razahir
11-10-2014, 09:28 AM
I thought they were changing the pounce to work differently, and instead they have made it even easier to land...

Arrozito
11-10-2014, 09:28 AM
The raptor is spiderman. I love it.

And I love the flying-ramming too.

Also I noticed that the rex bumped that commando he ran over. Was that a tail swipe or can the rex no longer roflstomp?

BritishQuetzalcoatlus♀
11-10-2014, 09:37 AM
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/314/d/e/cryo_spit_by_darkfirewyvern13-d85y7od.png
Cryo spit???

Bartbrink1996
11-10-2014, 09:40 AM
Cryo spit???

I guess so. The Dilo spit is still purple and I also read somewhere the Cryo spit was a different color.

(LoD)LuisSuarus
11-10-2014, 09:40 AM
The raptor is spiderman. I love it.

And I love the flying-ramming too.

Also I noticed that the rex bumped that commando he ran over. Was that a tail swipe or can the rex no longer roflstomp?

1. The raptor really jumps so long in distance. It will make humans much harder to catch them. Also, at one point in the gameplay trailer a raptor pounce off a commando just like the one did in 1.3. Though the little sharp indicating signs are pretty cool, will pounce physics on humans be changed or stay in that way?

2. Will the tupa be able to spam multiple humans in one crash? That would be great for letting the flyer class finish a group of humans.

3. And about the rex, it was certainly doing the tail swipe.

Storm
11-10-2014, 09:55 AM
Wow, this looks awesome. Can't wait to play it!

Renegade
11-10-2014, 10:02 AM
*GASP*

I love, love, LOVE the way the body stays in the trapper's net after the dino dies! Also, the Tupa... the way it flies, such beauty, such majesty!

I need this.

DinoBear
11-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Trailer has the hype train going to plaid.

Would I be correct in assuming the raptor frenzy not reducing stamina is just a WIP feature? If it isn't than I see that being disgustingly OP.

Also, the Tupa's ram ability seems like something that would work better with a much larger flying class.

pedro702
11-10-2014, 10:11 AM
dkn if i like raptor turning into spider man now it will be just crazy ppl jumping all over the place that will get boring really fast especialy if your human and theres dinos flying everywhere its alreasy hard to pay attention to the entire ground and air but now raptors will come from the most random place just flying everywhere.

so tupa rams,cry does acid puddles what does the oviraptor do?

and like someone said how will dinos be able to counter mines unless dilo/crio can explode them if humans surround themselves on a corner and mine the entire thing dinos are screwed.

Nadia
11-10-2014, 10:14 AM
At 1:05 it seems like the Pyro exploded after his fall, was that just something for the trailer, or will his Flamethrower tank now explode sometimes from Fall/Ramming Damage if it is still full?

Spinymad
11-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Ramming squad all the way! First there was Carno ramming now there is TUPA RAMMING?! I am very excited to ram people :o!

UPRC
11-10-2014, 10:22 AM
Looked way too similar to the "first" game for me to want to put any money down at all. I'm going to give this a pass unless the discount for returning players is massive.

Primitive
11-10-2014, 10:35 AM
From the trailer I kind of thought the gameplay for humans was dull as hell. The only thing that makes up for it is the new voice actor for trapper. :p

The dinosaurs on the other hand were awesome, I just wish the trailer could have had more time to be made.

Crossing my fingers that the launch trailer and what's to come will improve.

Arrozito
11-10-2014, 10:36 AM
We need a red and blue skin for the raptor now. Now that he's a spiderraptor.

and someone will start a clan called 'The Spideraptors'

Cnicko
11-10-2014, 10:47 AM
At 1:05 it seems like the Pyro exploded after his fall, was that just something for the trailer, or will his Flamethrower tank now explode sometimes from Fall/Ramming Damage if it is still full?

Maybe Carrions can use Pyro's as bombs? :V

Jurassic4LIFE
11-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Not sure how I feel about that new raptor skin we saw on docks there.. I believe that's the revamped default? The stripes on the back definitely say so..

It's really bland now, could use a little more colour.

Other than that, looks great! That new Ptera looks pretty nice too, be great to see some colour variants on it!

FlameFireBlast
Maybe Carrions can use Pyro's as bombs? :V

Dear god... That's a terrifying thought...

Cnicko
Not sure how I feel about that new raptor skin we saw on docks there.. I believe that's the revamped default? The stripes on the back definitely say so..

Other than that, looks great! That new Ptera looks pretty nice too, be great to see some colour variants on it!

It's the new default, according to Apoc:

New default actually.

☠ alli
11-10-2014, 11:21 AM
The way the dinosaurs move looks soooo incredibly smooth! I love it. Really great job guys. The humans seem to turn slowly, but I assume that is just a trailer thing and sensitivity can still be adjusted. I also like how your weapon doesn't take up half your screen. The skins also look really freakin amazing. The lighting...omg. Just gorgeous.

Not entirely sure how I feel about the Trapper mine thing... don't really like it, but at the same time, I don't really have any arguments against it. I guess it can make camping an even bigger problem... but we'll see.

And the Raptor's pounce is... well, it reminds me of a Xenomorph the way it can jump huge distances. Seems unrealistic, but I'm sure it'll be polished. ^^ It will definitely be easier to dodge and a lot more interesting to try and pounce someone who is putting up a fight!

Also, did no one else notice the dead Tyrant in the background around 0:34? It looks white/pale with some stripes along the tail.

DiloOfSunlight
11-10-2014, 11:22 AM
I'm not quite sure about the speed the raptor pounces at, but it's manageable. I'm mclovinit so far! I'm also happy to see that dilo escape from that pyro. Brings me tears of Joy. :')

Can we see more on the dilo gameplay?

Bartbrink1996
11-10-2014, 11:24 AM

It's the new default and I would say it has more color than the current default. It's more darker brown and has a nice pattern going on the tail so I would say it's definitely less bland the current one.

Can we see more on the dilo gameplay?

This stream has a nice bit of Dilo gameplay.

http://www.twitch.tv/spiral_live/b/584305309
It starts at 03:48:34.

☠ alli
11-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Teensy bit of gameplay from PAX AUS, http://youtu.be/W2cAaQDjHdo?t=6m31s

USSTalladega
11-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Yep...so ready. Just so ready now. Too cool!

Looked way too similar to the "first" game for me to want to put any money down at all. I'm going to give this a pass unless the discount for returning players is massive.

And we already know it will be don't worry.;)

DiloOfSunlight
11-10-2014, 11:43 AM
this stream has a nice bit of dilo gameplay.

http://www.twitch.tv/spiral_live/b/584305309
it starts at 03:48:34.

dilo is faster?!

Modding support?!

I love you guys.

Venom Striker
11-10-2014, 11:57 AM
The wait is going to kill me, I might go "extinct"

Take as long as you want guys.

Kit Kat
11-10-2014, 12:06 PM
This is looking really beautiful! I'm loving that new tupa skin and gameplay :D that epic knock back!! also those ragdoll affects XD

Shemp205
11-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Teensy bit of gameplay from PAX AUS, http://youtu.be/W2cAaQDjHdo?t=6m31s

vote for the dinosaur you want next holy crap that is sweet :D. I love the trailer footage so much I could rant about it all day and the raptor pounce test video looks nice now you can be ninja raptors. does frenzy take away stamina or not anymore? and is that new dilo skin a default variant as well?

Creepsuponu
11-10-2014, 12:08 PM
-parkour raptor video-

I'm loving the new pounce mechanics. Keep it just like this. :D

Bartbrink1996
11-10-2014, 12:08 PM
So BestInSlot just posted the trailer on his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz6-bh5exAg

Maybe this will give the extinction event a little boost. :)

Shemp205
11-10-2014, 12:11 PM

true :D. anyway tupa and pteranodon using pyros as bombs....I find that very likely to happen XD.

Spice_Weasel021
11-10-2014, 12:19 PM
Love that tail whip.

Shemp205
11-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Love that tail whip.

me to the rex went like *whack* that commando XD.

EDIT: and that spino in snow are that kick lol goal.

lolwow101
11-10-2014, 12:29 PM

Go BIS! Looks like he is also answering some of the questions to clear things up in the comments too. Awesome! :D

The_Dinohunter
11-10-2014, 12:34 PM
I just don't know what to say. First off the revamped stock skins. Big worry of mine was that they wouldn't be a thing. Obviously they are and they're flipping beautiful, no complaints only I want now. Second, the tyrant re size. I was worried they'd still be too big as we saw in the live-streams- Not the case so happy great work. Third, snow map, that "snowy dilo" let's call it. Love it. I can't wait to see and play with the "themed" skins and maps. Just man, couldn't be less happy I am so excited for the beta. From what we've seen so far it's worth the wait and worth another few days of waiting too. You guys (devs) do amazing work! Can't wait to hear more info.

Edit: Forgot the afterburn. How could I forget the afterburn. THANK YOU FOR ADDING THREATENING AFTERBURN! Now I know if I'm on fire, which is a good thing to be aware of.

Dragonith
11-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Now THAT was a trailer! Hands down got me several times more hyped than the other one we got.

Oh man though. The animations, the improvements, EVERYTHING. I may still be iffy about the game's recent decisions, but saying this trailer didn't impress me would be a straight up lie.

Also that new Spino eating animation! And the improved aerial maneuvers with the Tupa/Ptera! hnnnnnnnnngggggg <3

Heisenraptor
11-10-2014, 12:47 PM
So I was watching the stream Bartbrink1996 posted on the PAX thread and the footage that plays inbetween the interview seems to be from a 10 minute footage on the official PC YouTube channel:
http://i.imgur.com/3PVPIBL.png
Will that video ever be public to everyone Apoc?

Bartbrink1996
11-10-2014, 12:51 PM
So I was watching the stream Bartbrink1996 posted on the PAX thread and the footage that plays inbetween the interview seems to be from a 10 minute footage on the official PC YouTube channel. Will that video ever be public to everyone Apoc?

I noticed this as well and I sure hope it will be released.

Inushiro
11-10-2014, 12:54 PM
Paxus livestream

3:51 dino tracks?
3:53 achieviment> clever girl you win if you do headshot?
3:55 grabed human can still shot?

Heisenraptor
11-10-2014, 12:58 PM
It looked like footage from an old build (There are some weird stuff like the chainsaw not damaging the raptor) so that may be the reason they didn't release it.
Still would be cool to see a full match before the beta.

EDIT:

Paxus livestream

3:51 dino tracks?
3:53 achieviment> clever girl you win if you do headshot?
3:55 grabed human can still shot?

The blood tracks are near the dead Iguanodons/Iarasaurolophus where you refill your health.
The Pyro set that Ptera on fire before getting grabbed and the fire was still damaging it.

Pangea
11-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Did that pteranodon in the video have a longiceps crest, or is it a sternbergi's?

Never got the answer regarding the ptera cosmetics of course...

Arrozito
11-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Also I'm so happy that the carno can do sprint jumps again. Hopefully they brought back carno drifting as well.

Shemp205
11-10-2014, 01:16 PM
Also I'm so happy that the carno can do sprint jumps again. Hopefully they brought back carno drifting as well.

wait carno drifting what is that?

Kadro
11-10-2014, 02:25 PM
You know what... I'm willing to accept this being a new game.

The_Dinohunter
11-10-2014, 02:34 PM
You know what... I'm willing to accept this being a new game.

That was my feeling a few days ago. Now I've accepted it completely and I'm totally hyped for it. You would not believe how excited I am - well you would since everyone else is just as excited.

Makaidos
11-10-2014, 02:36 PM
The game looks great guys! A lot of improvement since the first PC.

Shemp205
11-10-2014, 02:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktvTqknDobU

Evan Chojnowski
11-10-2014, 03:04 PM
The Pyro set that Ptera on fire before getting grabbed and the fire was still damaging it.

i really hope they change that. ive always hated setting a raptor on fire only to still be pounced while it was aflame. id hate for the same thing but with something that can carry you off...

SlyThePug✧・゚:*
11-10-2014, 03:07 PM
The only thing i need now is the pre order date and im ready

Shenzi Sixaxis
11-10-2014, 03:19 PM

I was very low on health and thought it was something else, not a mine.

Kxiaigesis
11-10-2014, 03:29 PM
@1:21 though, lmao. I like the smooth touch I'm seeing in the dinos- at least compared to what they were.

Aegyptiacus
11-10-2014, 03:40 PM
I am seriously loving the smooth gameplay and the changes on the maps. Hopefully this won't be as laggy as 1.3 was. For we all know what Windows 8.1 can be like with games like these...

Hegemon
11-10-2014, 03:40 PM
@1:21 though, lmao. I like the smooth touch I'm seeing in the dinos- at least compared to what they were.

One of the biggest changes that we really don't talk about enough is that the dinosaur movement has been optimized for networking in a huge way. Dino movement and rotation are smoothed, so you'll typically see dinos smoothly turning instead of snapping to a rotation in a laggy way. The game is extremely playable and pretty smooth even at ~300ms ping.

SlyThePug✧・゚:*
11-10-2014, 03:42 PM
I was getting scared i couldnt run it, but thats a relief

Toametru
11-10-2014, 03:53 PM
My response to this.

http://blogsohardsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/T1.gif

Apoc
11-10-2014, 03:57 PM
So I was watching the stream Bartbrink1996 posted on the PAX thread and the footage that plays inbetween the interview seems to be from a 10 minute footage on the official PC YouTube channel:
http://i.imgur.com/3PVPIBL.png
Will that video ever be public to everyone Apoc?

Indeed, this video does exist. It's only 7:52 though, not 10:45. And it's 1080p60fps since it was all recorded on my machine!

But it's from a very old build and honestly I'm not so sure if I have the time to drag the video into my channel on Youtube. Times are tough.

The only way I could possibly find time is if someone got me a video of their best T-Rex impression, verified by presenting a sign of their forum name.

☠ alli
11-10-2014, 04:08 PM
The only way I could possibly find time is if someone got me a video of their best T-Rex impression, verified by presenting a sign of their forum name.
I feel like this is something AlienDinosaurHunter would do, but maybe that's just me.

T-Rex Terror
11-10-2014, 04:25 PM
OH GOD

THE HYPE INSTENSIFIES!

Quick, someone steal a time machine!

Yolaak Krosis-Drun
11-10-2014, 04:26 PM
OH GOD

THE HYPE INSTENSIFIES!

Quick, someone steal a time machine!

Jump in! :D
http://www.bttf.net/v/vspfiles/photos/24010-2.jpg

Kxiaigesis
11-10-2014, 04:30 PM
One of the biggest changes that we really don't talk about enough is that the dinosaur movement has been optimized for networking in a huge way. Dino movement and rotation are smoothed, so you'll typically see dinos smoothly turning instead of snapping to a rotation in a laggy way. The game is extremely playable and pretty smooth even at ~300ms ping.

Oooh. I love it.

Shemp205
11-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Jump in! :D
[Image]

*jumps in back seat* lets go 88MPH. *warps through time*.

SwisherSweet182
11-10-2014, 04:43 PM
okay ill just say one thing, that new trailer looks INCREDIBLE! Never in my life did i imagine primal carnage would ever look and run this smoothly. You guys have done an amazing job on this game and i really look forward to buying it.

Creepsuponu
11-10-2014, 05:38 PM
I can't wait!! THIS IS GONNA BE AW-
*violently explodes due to the extreme awesomeness*
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052011/1307032252_atomic_bomb_mushroom_cloud_explosion.gi f

Shemp205
11-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Lol I did not notice the Pterano dropping the pyro I thought that was a tupa XD. guess Pterano has a new zebra skin cool.

DiloOfSunlight
11-10-2014, 06:36 PM
And it's 108060fps since it was all recorded on my machine!

Holy crap. Machines these days can achieve 108,060fps?! WHERE HAVE I BEEN?! WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD THIS?!

Shemp205
11-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Holy crap. Machines these days can achieve 108,060fps?! WHERE HAVE I BEEN?! WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD THIS?!

well guess you've been living under a rock for the past few months (technological wise) no offense.

Hosko
11-10-2014, 06:43 PM
As good as the game looks, there were a few things that got me worried. The raptors roar for example. If you say that the roar doesn't deplete any stamina as it does currently, what will it's main goal be?
Also, I looked back through the video and as someone said, I did notice that white Trex for a few seconds...that got me REALLY hyped...

(Looking forward to hearing more news about pre-ordering the game, and what will happen for those that already have Primal Carnage if they'll get PC:E free, or there would be a discount. Forgive me if I'm wrong, haven't been following the forums all that much. Need to catch up on the news).

But a good trailer so far guys. :)

Shemp205
11-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Huge discount we are talking about.

Clever-Girl
11-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Please don't quote videos

That's cute and all, but where is the info and explanation stuff that was mentioned on the facebook page? If it's posted somewhere else, is there a link to it?

Apoc
11-10-2014, 07:08 PM
If you say that the roar doesn't deplete any stamina as it does currently, what will it's main goal be?

That stuff is still being tweaked, don't worry.

That's cute and all, but where is the info and explanation stuff that was mentioned on the facebook page? If it's posted somewhere else, is there a link to it?

We'll be following up with that soon.

Jack Mills
11-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Apoc is playing on a alienware thats why the frame rate is super sexy.

Creepsuponu
11-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Please be info in the morning... please be info in the morning.... I cant take another explosion like the one a few posts ago....

Zillatamer
11-10-2014, 09:59 PM

I can record old primal on high settings at 50-65fps on a premade $800 laptop.

The future is now.

Bigby
11-11-2014, 01:34 AM
...The game is extremely playable and pretty smooth even at ~300ms ping.

*Gives box of cookies*.

The good chocolate-chip-chocolate-dipped-rolled-in-more-chocolate variety. :D

Hosko
11-11-2014, 04:31 AM
That stuff is still being tweaked, don't worry.

I'm pleased to hear that. Indeed I'm interested to see what your clever minds have in store to tweak with that roar. So many possibilities....
If I am lucky to have any money to buy this game. As it's not the only one I wish to get. Come Christmas and I might be able to buy it, although not pre-ordering that is.

Wander if for those that come from Australia, me included that the game might lag, or not. Most servers have pings exceeding to 200 - 400 at most. (Some have even asked me how playing at 300+ ping is even possible. Well, for playing a game for nearly 2 years, you get use to the lag simply).

Il_Lupo
11-11-2014, 04:35 AM
^ Please make sure game has least lag possible.

Heisenraptor
11-11-2014, 05:24 AM
Apoc is playing on a alienware thats why the frame rate is super sexy.

Alienware just makes overpriced PCs with fancy cases.

Shemp205
11-11-2014, 07:34 AM
Please be info in the morning... please be info in the morning.... I cant take another explosion like the one a few posts ago....

I see you really need your fix don't you?

Yolaak Krosis-Drun
11-11-2014, 08:42 AM
I see you really need your fix don't you?

I fear that guy won't survive the waiting time. :/

DiabolusUrsus
11-11-2014, 08:57 AM
This trailer makes me sincerely hope that I don't have to refuse buying Exctinction on principle. I really really want to be able to play this.

Creepsuponu
11-11-2014, 09:23 AM
I fear that guy won't survive the waiting time. :/

I unfortunately will not. I might, theres a 42% change I will survive.

Hegemon
11-11-2014, 01:45 PM
This trailer makes me sincerely hope that I don't have to refuse buying Exctinction on principle. I really really want to be able to play this.

A lot of people have spent a lot of time building this, and I do sincerely hope it lives up to your expectations. While we haven't been able to talk much about a lot of stuff behind the scenes yet, but we genuinely do care about fans of the series and we've been working very hard to build something that we think people will really enjoy.

SwisherSweet182
11-12-2014, 02:45 AM

i actually noticed it, and the trapper is one of my favorite classes. a land mine would make him sooo much more of a utility class. as far as the new pounce, i absolutely love it. i love the fact that you can now pounce on TOP of things from down below, so say if theres a human standing on something avoiding the ground, you can simply nab him from just about anywhere and take him out. but with land mines, and flare guns, and health boxes, and ammo crates i highly doubt the pounce mechanics will seem any more OP than they ever did. (and ive never thought that in any build) i honestly couldnt be happier with what circle 5 and pub games have done on this epic journey :eek: and i fully support any decision they make!!

Also Apoc, can you give us any information on whats been done to the trappers net gun?? because in original PC it was really clunky and hard to aim, i was just wondering if there were any changes made to its reload speed/trajectory and such

Apoc
11-12-2014, 03:08 AM
We're in the process of tweaking it so it's easier to hit people. Reload is the same. We've done some better stuff with the hit detection (You must hit a T-Rex in the head to net his mouth) and the net stays on after a dinos death and then "fades" away.

SwisherSweet182
11-12-2014, 03:45 AM
We're in the process of tweaking it so it's easier to hit people. Reload is the same. We've done some better stuff with the hit detection (You must hit a T-Rex in the head to net his mouth) and the net stays on after a dinos death and then "fades" away.

can you give any information on the sub classes for the raptor? like what abilities the oviraptors will have? or will that have to wait for the beta release?

Evan Chojnowski
11-12-2014, 05:08 AM
my guess about the ovi is it may just be a smaller raptor variant. we know from what apoc has showed us that its still able to pounce.

MiloKamilo
11-12-2014, 05:24 AM

If there is a detecting-rex's-head system already done - perhaps shooting his head will do more damage eventually now?... how do You like this idea, it would make the game more realistic, and tyrants- less arogant...:}

Evan Chojnowski
11-12-2014, 05:26 AM
they have already nerfed the hell out of tyrants. i don't think we need head shot damage anyway. there heads are way to easy to hit.

Stitch 626
11-12-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm really liking the physics. Looks like the corpses will be able to be launched/dragged/pushed around. It looks a lot smoother as well.

Oh and about the Raptor roar, watching the 2.0 dev livestream footage, what it seemed like is that instead of the rage taking effect for the next few seconds, it would take place for the next few attacks. Is this right? Seems like a good way to make it not too overpowered while still allowing the raptor to have access to jump and pounce.

MiloKamilo
11-12-2014, 01:37 PM
they have already nerfed the hell out of tyrants. i don't think we need head shot damage anyway. there heads are way to easy to hit.
I've heard that they have some 'armor effect' taken away - thats one thing. While they're smaller - thats an advantage; harder to hit and less clumsy... so what else do You mean?
In my opinion - playing a tyrant shouldn't be a way to just easily get 3x more kills and don't have to concentrate while playing - like it's now...

Arrozito
11-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Yeah, smaller size for the tyrants is actually an advantage for them. Though from the video the spino looks to be about the same size he was before, It looks like only the rex was shrunk.

BritishQuetzalcoatlus♀
11-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Yeah, smaller size for the tyrants is actually an advantage for them. Though from the video the spino looks to be about the same size he was before, It looks like only the rex was shrunk.

I think the spino should be bigger than rex because spino was bigger in real life :)

Evan Chojnowski
11-12-2014, 02:18 PM
their size has only been reduced a little bit. around 10% not enough to make a huge difference. dino accuracy is not one of primal carnage's strongest points. if they were going to make it bigger due to how it is irl they should also make it walk on 4 legs and have webbed back feet. but that's not happening. and the tyrants before the armor were extremely easy to kill. with no armor they were walking targets. now that the rex has a defensive tail swipe that solves that problem.

Toametru
11-12-2014, 02:48 PM
New leaked Rex subclass footage

http://dalanel.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/funny-gif-dinosaur-eats-cheerleader.gif?w=450&h=292

The_Dinohunter
11-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Nope that's it i'm done. That's enough internet for now - i'm out!

☠ alli
11-12-2014, 03:59 PM
if they were going to make it bigger due to how it is irl they should also make it walk on 4 legs and have webbed back feet. but that's not happening.
They...walked on 4 legs? I've never seen them depicted like that. I don't know much about Spinosaurus though...

DinoBear
11-12-2014, 04:31 PM
They...walked on 4 legs? I've never seen them depicted like that. I don't know much about Spinosaurus though...

New finds show that Spinosaurus had really shot hind limbs, but it was likely bipedal considering that IIRC none of the forelimb material deviates much from that of normal theropods, which weren't exactly built for walking.

MiloKamilo
11-13-2014, 01:02 AM
New finds show that Spinosaurus had really shot hind limbs, but it was likely bipedal considering that IIRC none of the forelimb material deviates much from that of normal theropods, which weren't exactly built for walking.

It should definitely NOT be as fast as it is now, faster than Rex that's much better 'build' for running...:]

Creepsuponu
11-13-2014, 12:48 PM
New leaked Rex subclass footage

-rex subclass footage-

We.
Are.
Going.
To.
DIE!! XD

InsaneChaos
11-14-2014, 01:19 PM
Omg, This looks amazing, can't wait to play this. It looks epic, great job devs :)

FlameFireBlast
11-14-2014, 07:07 PM
A lot of people have spent a lot of time building this, and I do sincerely hope it lives up to your expectations. While we haven't been able to talk much about a lot of stuff behind the scenes yet, but we genuinely do care about fans of the series and we've been working very hard to build something that we think people will really enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QfSzgV1q5g
^ That is how I feel.

☠ alli
11-14-2014, 10:00 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. Hehe, short little Spino legs!

Kit Kat
11-15-2014, 03:14 PM
Once PCE is out I will never touch the broken game that is 1.3. I just hope they fixed the Overpowered pathfinder, scientist and pyro. I really cant stand them right now.

Evan Chojnowski
11-15-2014, 09:23 PM
Once PCE is out I will never touch the broken game that is 1.3. I just hope they fixed the Overpowered pathfinder, scientist and pyro. I really cant stand them right now.

trapper is also a bit op with double shot critical hits. doesn't help that every human class can turn 180% turns and one shot dinos also. but im sure all that mess is fixed.

Ambial
11-21-2014, 05:47 PM
Just wondering like alot of others, what do the roars do? thnx

WhITeWoLf
11-28-2014, 10:50 AM
Look amazing! Can't wait to play :D

John Jurgo
11-29-2014, 11:09 AM
When the trapper kills the ovi in the video, what even killed it? I cant tell if the pathie behind him shot and finished him off, the trapper shanked it, or the pyro's chainsaw finished it.

TyranntX
11-29-2014, 11:33 AM
When the trapper kills the ovi in the video, what even killed it? I cant tell if the pathie behind him shot and finished him off, the trapper shanked it, or the pyro's chainsaw finished it.

who cares, either way it died

Shenzi Sixaxis
11-29-2014, 04:28 PM

The latter.

John Jurgo
11-29-2014, 04:31 PM
I guess thats what happened coming from the Ovi himself. :p

TyranntX
11-29-2014, 05:07 PM
I want to know why it is that why so much was going on yet it was the oviraptor you were focused on

John Jurgo
11-29-2014, 07:04 PM
Erm... Why? And what else was going on in that shot?

TyranntX
11-29-2014, 08:47 PM
not what I meant. there was so much going on yet you focused on that ONE shot... why is that?

John Jurgo
11-29-2014, 09:48 PM
I dunno. I just noticed it and wondered...

Shenzi Sixaxis
11-29-2014, 10:22 PM
Because that shot was filmed from the player's perspective and the player obviously wanted to kill the ovi...?

What are you even trying to get at?