PDA

View Full Version : SAI File Types

Mr. Starstuff*:・゚✧
05-24-2015, 08:37 AM
Ok, I've litterally spent 1+ hours on a drawing, and now I need to save it because I want to show you guys. To the artists that use SAI, what file type should I use to show you guys? I don't want to choose the wrong one and have to completely restart.

*EDIT* It also has 10 layers, don't know how this might change anything but I'll put it in anyways.

Inushiro
05-24-2015, 09:02 AM
if dont have background(transparent) use PNG
if have background, use JPEG(will turn the file more ''light'')
i think in SAI(like PS) will show a msg asking if you want to ''join'' the layers, choose yes(but dont forget to have a file with the layers if you want to use later)
i host my imgs in imgur(or you can use deviantart if you have one) the problem with imgur is, if your file is png, sometimes imgur add a plain background(usually white)

Senoba
05-24-2015, 09:05 AM
Generally go for JPEG or PNG. PNG tends to have higher quality but is a larger file, and JPEGS are a little lower in quality but are smaller, so I tend to use JPEGS when posting stuff on the forums so they load better.

Mr. Starstuff*:・゚✧
05-24-2015, 09:07 AM
Generally go for JPEG or PNG. PNG tends to have higher quality but is a larger file, and JPEGS are a little lower in quality but are smaller, so I tend to use JPEGS when posting stuff on the forums so they load better.

All right, I'll use JPEG. Thank you both!