Close
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    This really never applied tto me
    because i like games that make sense

invalid signiture space please refrain from saying goose otherwise the world might explode

I think I got Monster Hunter at around 11 maybe? I played the PSP ones and now I have Monster Hunter Tri and Monster Hunter Ultimate. I also Have Monster Hunter 3G even though I can't read Japanese (I think that's its name but not sure). I am also hyped up about Monster Hunter Online but I don't think it's coming over to the US but I think Monster Hunter 4 is (haven't checked up on Monster Hunter recently cause school and other things >m<).
    Last edited by The Mangled; 02-06-2015 at 05:31 AM. Reason: It made an emote that I did not ask for xD

Craves that mineral Kaitou Cat♂'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mangled View Post
    I think I got Monster Hunter at around 11 maybe? I played the PSP ones and now I have Monster Hunter Tri and Monster Hunter Ultimate. I also Have Monster Hunter 3G even though I can't read Japanese (I think that's its name but not sure). I am also hyped up about Monster Hunter Online but I don't think it's coming over to the US but I think Monster Hunter 4 is (haven't checked up on Monster Hunter recently cause school and other things >m<).
    I dunno about 4 but I know 4U is. Commin out on the 13th actually.. Also I agree about online but yeah, really doubt they're going to bring it to the states which is a big shame.. :c

Lol I made a thread bout Monster Hunter a loooooong time ago. But this thread is getting attention so... I'll use this one. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Terraform Jupiter View Post
    My first game was Monster Hunter Freedom, though I spent most of my game hours in Monster Hunter Freedom 2and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. I did put about a hundred hours into Monster Hunter Tri. I should have played it more. Looking back on it, its gameplay is much more refined than the PSP games and it did fix a lot of the gripes I had with the PSP games.

I'd love to play Frontier and I really want the pet wyverns. It beats up elder dragons in hilarious ways and appears to actually be useful.

-Horoku, Fire Horoku in the thumbnail-

Design-wise, my current favorite monsters are the alatreon, the gore magala, and the akantor. I would like to fight the dhisufiroa or the g-rank fatalis, but those are Asia-exclusive, so I'll never be able to fight them. The monsters I most enjoyed fighting were alatreon, teostra, deviljho, and nargacuga.
    Frontier is JP only? Terraform pls.

That's video of me fighting the G Rank urgent: Repelling Shantien!

I can teach ya'll how to get on Frontier if you so desire.

My favorite monsters... UNKNOWN(kuro reia) is my favorite Frontier monster, Najarala, Gore, Dala, and Abyssal Lagi are my favorite other monsters. <3

Well according to the dates this one was first anyways? xD
    Might also be interested depending on the complexity.. Usually these sorts of things require some sort of special ID or something IIRC?

Also three more days. * u*
    Super excited.. Just hoping they don't cancel my pre-order of the limited 3ds like what has happened to some people apparently..

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Cat View Post
    Well according to the dates this one was first anyways? xD
    Might also be interested depending on the complexity.. Usually these sorts of things require some sort of special ID or something IIRC?

Also three more days. * u*
    Super excited.. Just hoping they don't cancel my pre-order of the limited 3ds like what has happened to some people apparently..
    My thread was called Mezporta Square: The Monster hunter topic or something... Long time ago. xD

You need a VPN(but that's just installing a program, i highly recommend Mudfish. Dirt cheap and good speed), a COG.jp account, and a decent computer. Not complex, really. It didn't take me long to figure it out.

The MH4U hype train... HAS NO BRAKES!!!

Also, Frontier is Free ti'll HR 99 (Not very far but you still fight some frontier exclusives)

Quote Originally Posted by DiloOfSunlight View Post
    My thread was called Mezporta Square: The Monster hunter topic or something... Long time ago. xD

You need a VPN(but that's just installing a program, i highly recommend Mudfish. Dirt cheap and good speed), a COG.jp account, and a decent computer. Not complex, really. It didn't take me long to figure it out.

The MH4U hype train... HAS NO BRAKES!!!

Also, Frontier is Free ti'll HR 99 (Not very far but you still fight some frontier exclusives)
    Oh it's going to cost money to simply be able to attempt to play it along side of having to buy it..? Will really have to think it over then because I'm a bit strapped on money at the moment. Also what do you mean by it's free until HR 99, does that mean it becomes like, subscription based after that or what?

As for the thread I know I checked. Took awhile to find it though due to that title. Yours was made about a month after this one. . n.

Land where Passer montanus were slaughtered
    I used to play Frontiers when it came to Korea on 2008....
    Had a lot of fun, although I could only hunt 5 monsters or so due to the game's purchase system...
    Then its service ended, because the Korean company that was providing the server totally ditched the game by leaving it without a single up date for over a year...

Luckily, we've got 4 right now with 4G coming up this March, so I'm planning to get it during the Easter break when I return to Korea.

Oh it's going to cost money to simply be able to attempt to play it along side of having to buy it..? Will really have to think it over then because I'm a bit strapped on money at the moment. Also what do you mean by it's free until HR 99, does that mean it becomes like, subscription based after that or what?

As for the thread I know I checked. Took awhile to find it though due to that title. Yours was made about a month after this one. . n.
    To get the game is free, you just get the installer off of COG. You get to play the game for free up to HR 99, after that it's $15 every month for every month you play.

Oh lol my bad. xD

Oh man, the console is even more of a beaut in person. Woulda posted last night but I wanted to wait until daylight to get a better photo.

That one place with the stuff in the area
    Lucky. I'm putting off getting 4U because of school work and knowing just how distracted I'll be if I get that game. Maybe later this month or Spring Break...
    Theflickasaurus is back! Carrying over 10 Slurpee points, 2 Tyrannobeast Medals, and 2 Lost Time Medallions

Quote Originally Posted by Trisdino View Post
    I have never understood why people enjoy a game solely about seeking out random animals, and then butchering them.

I mean yeah, the monster designs are often neat, and the environments creative, but the entire premise just seems rather twisted to me, like, you really should not be enjoying what the game is making you do.
    I thought exactly like you when I first heard about the game, until I learned that you don't have to kill the things! You can just as well catch them alive, which led me to play it more like Pokemon, really. Gotta catch them all. With the help of a giant bagpipe, seashell flute or electric guitar (No kidding!).

And as Spikeheila said, it's tons of fun, solo or with friends. I haven't played another game in my life that can compare to it.

Yessss.
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

Must.. Resist.. Watching.. Due to.. Spoilers..[?]

Also any fellow hunters wanna add me? New 3ds means empty friend list itching to be filled. I also have like, Pokemon n stuff as well. It would be nice to be able to hunt with some cool people again.[Perhaps with voice chat even?]
    Just be aware that I'm still quite a bit behind and thus don't have good gear yet. xD;

Must.. Resist.. Watching.. Due to.. Spoilers..[?]

Also any fellow hunters wanna add me? New 3ds means empty friend list itching to be filled. I also have like, Pokemon n stuff as well. It would be nice to be able to hunt with some cool people again.[Perhaps with voice chat even?]
    Just be aware that I'm still quite a bit behind and thus don't have good gear yet. xD;
    I would love to. Assuming the evil USPS delivers my game tommorrow (4 days late >.<) I would love to hunt with ya in between the solo hunts in offline. I also pokemon AND can voice chat. ;D

Thread Information