Close
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Craves that mineral Kaitou Cat♂'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiloOfSunlight View Post
    I would love to. Assuming the evil USPS delivers my game tommorrow (4 days late >.<) I would love to hunt with ya in between the solo hunts in offline. I also pokemon AND can voice chat. ;D
    Aw dang, hope it arrives soon for ya. When it does I look forward to huntin with ya. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Cat View Post
    Aw dang, hope it arrives soon for ya. When it does I look forward to huntin with ya. :P
    Just came today, already doin my Gore Magala Urgent! In full Najarala armor too!

Damn, I would love to be playing 4U now, but I'll need to get an American 3DS first (I have a Japanese one to play 4). Oh well. I'll let you guys know when I have it.
    -Keep your signature within 750x160-

Quote Originally Posted by DiloOfSunlight View Post
    Just came today, already doin my Gore Magala Urgent! In full Najarala armor too!
    Well damn.. I'm still on rank 2 quests.. :\
    Tryin to get some better armor before moving on which means a lot of grinding..

Artist/Gamer/Buttface Spice_Weasel021's Avatar
    Ok so I'm sorta new to the universe of games and Im thinking of getting 4 for the 3DS. After watching one of my fav streamers play it for a while and playing the demo myself it seems more newbie friendly which is a big plus for me. But there a few things I wanna know first before I decide to buy it.

1. The demo has a difficulty setting, is this the same in the full version?
    2. If I wanted some good monster items to make weapons and such, could I just go online with random people and tag along on monster hunts to get good mats?

Quote Originally Posted by Spice_Weasel021 View Post
    Ok so I'm sorta new to the universe of games and Im thinking of getting 4 for the 3DS. After watching one of my fav streamers play it for a while and playing the demo myself it seems more newbie friendly which is a big plus for me. But there a few things I wanna know first before I decide to buy it.

1. The demo has a difficulty setting, is this the same in the full version?
    2. If I wanted some good monster items to make weapons and such, could I just go online with random people and tag along on monster hunts to get good mats?
    1. Monsters simply get harder as you reach new hunter ranks and such.[?]
    2. Yes, I believe so. It was possible in 3U and seems to be possible in 4U seeing as I took my more newb friend on a quest that would normally be out of their league.

Though the online quests in general kind of confuse me to be honest.. Thought they'd be like they were in 3 where they were a similar format to the village quests in the aspect that you do key quests to get higher hunter ranks but the wiki doesn't seem to say anything about that? Much confuse.

Banned
    Having a tea party with Rexy and Blue deep in the Jungles of Isla Nublar.
    NEW DINOS SECTIONS OPEN! http://www.jurassicworld.com/dinosaurs/

EDIT: crap wrong thread......

So there is no difficulty setting when starting a new game?

Raptor Bait
    So there is no difficulty setting when starting a new game?
    From what I've seen, there's no difficulty setting. The game just starts you off with the small easy stuff, then moves you up to the bigger tougher stuff as you progress through the game. This is the first monster hunter game I've ever played and I've found it to be fairly easy to get in to. My advice is to try out the weapon training missions when you unlock them. They give some instructions on the type of weapon you're training, then puts you up against a monster to try them out.

Can you play online with random people or do they need your friend code or lobby code or whatever?

Raptor Bait
    Can you play online with random people or do they need your friend code or lobby code or whatever?
    I haven't used this feature myself, but you can connect online and find random gathering halls of people to play with. You or others can create a gathering all with or without restrictions for people to join. They do not need to know your friend code or anything to join you or for you to join them (unless you're trying to join specific people).

It's as Clever said, you don't need to have friends registered to play with them. Bout near had an anxiety attack because I didn't know how to put a lock on a room at first and random people kept joining. OTL

Also had my first encounter with the magala recently and woo nelly I'm already not looking forward to fighting it again.
    Oh and silently raging because there's no damn nargacuga or barioth apperently which are my favorite monsters.. = n=

Raptor Bait
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Cat View Post
    Oh and silently raging because there's no damn nargacuga or barioth apperently which are my favorite monsters.. = n=
    As far as I know, they're not in the game, but you can get their armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Clever-Girl View Post
    As far as I know, they're not in the game, but you can get their armor.
    I know, hence why I'm "silently raging".
    Glad the armor is in at least but I'd like it more if the monsters themselves were in it as well. :\

I'm sad that aren't more 3rd gen monsters. Of course, if water never returns, I think Lagiacrus will never appear in another MH game.

I just wish that more interesting monsters like Agnaktor made it in. Seriously, Gravios is so uninteresting compared to Agnaktor.
    -Keep your signature within 750x160-

Thread Information