Close
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonith View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. WHAT?

Examon for Angewomon and Hououmon can't even happen naturally! It doesn't make sense! Heck, I even like Examon and I think he's unfitting here! Same with Beelzemon's final form. I mean, if they're going to use obscure/unfamiliar digivolutions like TyrantKabuterimon and Aegisdramon, they could've at least put an extra effort with consistency here. Ophanimon or even Magnadramon would've been more fitting for Gatomon. Making Biyomon become Garudamon first then Hououmon would've worked too! And Beelzemon? Could've put in SkullSatamon or Devimon in before him! I could go on about the other odd picks/repeats but I think you get the idea by now. -w-;

It really feels like they rushed and shoehorned in on some of their Digimon picks for the game... also, I just realized Patamon and Palmon are MIA lol. Bummer.
    I know right? They should have added more 'base' characters so there could be more different evolutions, but in this case they re-used some of them for different digimons which looks extremily lazy :I
    Biymomon, Gatomon and Impmon got the most non-sense last evolutions XD
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

Quote Originally Posted by Carolzilla View Post
    I know right? They should have added more 'base' characters so there could be more different evolutions, but in this case they re-used some of them for different digimons which looks extremily lazy :I
    Biymomon, Gatomon and Impmon got the most non-sense last evolutions XD
    Seriously. -w-;

I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm still going to buy it to support the desire for more Digimon games outside of Japan, but this is still pretty insulting to the more knowledgeable fans lol.

Same here :I Not sure what were they thinking when they added those extra evolutions

I can understand Plesiomon for Gomamon, But Examon for Gatomon?!?

Sorry for double post but new video for All-star

Not sure why they used stop-motion with toys but okay XD

[EDIT] On the digimon Website you can see a new digiegg that has been hatched, when you click on the "!" mark next to it this image pops up

[/EDIT]
    Last edited by Terraform Jupiter; 12-13-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Sorry for triplr post, but it has been released a pic of the digidestined!

(Yes it's official, it's on the official twitter page)
    The style is kinda eeeeehhh to me, but still hyped about it!

Sorry for triplr post, but it has been released a pic of the digidestined!
    *SNIP*

(Yes it's official, it's on the official twitter page)
    The style is kinda eeeeehhh to me, but still hyped about it!
    Dat style. I can dig it. More importantly, hooray! We finally can see how they look!

Now I just need to see how the Digimon look (if their designs are any different in this artstyle) and I'll be set! \o/

Double-post but:

Did You Know Anime? video, featuring Tai's English VA!

Ooh that's a nice vid!

And a bet people who grew up with the english dub of Digimon loved hearing the guy who did Tai's voice narrating this vid hah

~Sorry for the double post~

But I came in here to tell my first impression of Digimon All-star Rumble, and it's quite a fun game and it seemed different then I thought it would be.

I didn't play much but I chose story mode and picked Agumon to start playing, so when the game started it showed a little bit of story and some cutscenes but nothing extremily that great but I was slightly surprised to see it's not just the usual fighting game style of going right into battle. When you actually start playing you are in this small 'hub world' and in this world you can fight small mobs and break boxes to collects bitcoins to later unlock cards to use in battle (if I remember correctly) but after walking around in the world and completing very simple puzzes you find a digimon and then you get to battle it.
    (Just wanna talk really fast about the mobs in the small hub worls...things...they are quite weak but there are different type of digis that you can fight against that are not playable characters like Apemon for example, which is cool but sad at the same time because there is variety in digimon in the sotry mode but THEY ARE NOT PLAYABLE YAY)
    The battle system is pretty much simple with it's combos and stuff, but the only thing that makes me confused is the digivolution system I mean digivolving is rather easy you beat (or get beaten by) the opponent several times 'till your bar fills so you can digivolve but when you are digivolved (in my case Wargreymon) for some reason there's no bar showing how long I can use that form??
    I mean when I'm Wargreymon I have NO idea when he will change back to Agumon because the bar that was before for the digivolution is now changed into the bar to make the special attack (Terra Force in Wargreymon's case) so you are left guessing how long you can use your digivolved form.

So TL,DR It's a fun lil game that is not that much complex, but I wish there was more characters you can play as and the digivolving system being like the older ones.
    Last edited by Carolzilla; 12-28-2014 at 05:35 PM.

-SNIP-
    Was actually going to post my thoughts on the game earlier too lol.

The plot for Story Mode... was pretty bland. Some virus is wrecking havoc in the Digital World and it's up to you to stop it from infecting your buddies. Compared to Rumble Arena 2 which didn't have a story, this was definitely a move in the right direction, but otherwise it's not really something to write home about. The fights on the map before the final battle at the end of a level however were pretty cool. Reminded me a bit of Digimon World 4, but with more variety so to speak.

The actual meat of the game (not to be confused with the edible meat found in Story Mode *shot*) is the actual VS mode, however. Combat feels right, yet... somewhat clunky? Gonna have to agree with the confusion regarding digivolving as well. Also kinda disappointed you can't grab/throw other Digimon like in Rumble Arena 2. Those issues aside, this game is pretty fun with a group of friends, and there's a lot of variations in battles you can choose from (e.g. Time Bomb, Survival, etc.).

So, the final verdict? It's a pretty fun game, especially with friends, despite some glaring flaws. Gonna have to agree with ya on the fact that the Digimon variety is pretty bad compared to the past games, as well as the digivolution system to an extent (Angewoman =/= Examon).

On another note, the new Adventures anime has been confirmed to be coming out in April this year. \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonith View Post
    Reminded me a bit of Digimon World 4, but with more variety so to speak.

On another note, the new Adventures anime has been confirmed to be coming out in April this year. \o/
    Yeah I thought the same thing when I was playing story mode, it seemed so much like DW4 but with less weapons.

and YAAAAY I'm hyped!

Try-ceratops
    For those of us not living in Japan where can we go to find the subs for the show when it comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by mrtyranno504 View Post
    For those of us not living in Japan where can we go to find the subs for the show when it comes out?
    Well... that'll depend really. As far as I know, I haven't heard any specific place planning to stream it. However, I'm almost certain you'd be able to find it subbed on most anime streaming sites once its out.

Oh yeah completely forgot to post this when it was released

I still have high hopes for the show, BUT, I'm really dissapointed in Agumon's design wth is that?

Oh yeah completely forgot to post this when it was released

I still have high hopes for the show, BUT, I'm really dissapointed in Agumon's design wth is that?
    At first, I was wondering what you were talking about until the comparison to his older design later in the video. His head... definitely feels too big imo. Hope that's just an illusion his artwork is giving, because he really looks like a bobblehead lol. Otherwise, they did keep true to his classic design so I do gotta give them credit there. -w-

Oh that Digimon Adventure Tri Hype!
    When you see something colossal, naturally you'd walk away from it...

Thread Information