Close

Primal Carnage Extinction

Hey everyone, the announce is finally here! Big news all around.
    And more news for existing customers to follow, so don't go crazy yet!

Oh, and we're also running a giveaway, where anybody has a chance to get the new game for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Press Release
    Circle 5 Studios and Pub Games are pleased to announce that Primal Carnage: Extinction is launching on the Steam platform next month and will be ready for the PS4 in Q1 by early next year. With a resounding roar, Extinction proclaims that the battle between man and dinosaur is far from over.

Watch the Primal Carnage Extinction Reveal HERE

Primal Carnage: Extinction is a class-based online multiplayer shooter built on the Unreal Engine, featuring fast-paced combat, diverse environments, and over-the-top action. On a mysterious island overrun with prehistoric monsters, you can choose to fight as a variety of legendary dinosaurs or to join the human mercenary team armed with a unique, distinctive, and destructive arsenal aimed at making these bloodthirsty beasts extinct once and for all. Will you use a sniper rifle or flaming chainsaw to bring these hulking creatures to their knees? Will you swoop, stomp, or chew through the puny human intruders? The only real question is, can you survive?

Twelve Diverse Maps – Extinction features twelve unique environments, including several new maps and all the fan favorites.
    Two Gamemodes At Launch - Primal Carnage features two gamemodes: Team Deathmatch and Get to the Chopper, an objective-based gamemode
    Unique Dinosaur Gameplay – Experience the relentless power of 9 unique dinosaur classes. Sneaking, blinding, charging, eating, or flying- there’s no shortage of ways to destroy the enemy team.
    Intense Human Gameplay – Survive the island as one of 5 distinct human classes featuring an arsenal of diverse equipment. Obtain and equip new weapons and items via achievement unlocks and item drops earned during play.
    Steam Economy Support – Players now have a variety of cosmetic options for their characters and weapons. Earn items for free by playing and trade or sell them through the Steam Marketplace.
    A Six Month Pipeline of Content to Follow- We have a robust list of features in development in order to provide players with new reasons to play over time:

• New weapons adding variety to gameplay
    • New skins for both human classes and dinosaurs
    • New cosmetics and customization options for players
    • New environments for play
    • New gamemodes pitting humans vs dinosaurs
    • Pre-order on Steam- players that pick up the game on Steam before the end of November will get the new “Volcano”Spinosaurus skin for free and will get access to the Beta on November 10th.

Celebrating 2 Years of Primal Carnage

To celebrate the 2-Year anniversary of the brand and the birth of the sequel, the Primal Carnage team is hosting its Extinction Event through November, where players can unlock ingame items by signing up with the game’s official social media channels. As different goals are reached, new items for human and dinosaur characters will be available at launch for the all players for free.

The Team

Circle 5 Studios is a newly founded independent game design studio committed to showing the games industry what a large group of indie developers can accomplish together. The company has a small HQ in Las Vegas but most of its growing team (20+) work remotely from all across the globe. An important part of the company’s mission is that making games can mean more to the world than just making money. Circle 5 Studios is currently working with many industry partners on initiatives that support developer opportunities, game development education, and charitable organizations.

Pub Games was founded in 2011 by a group of university students out of Melbourne, Australia with the goal of brewing up high quality, entertaining experiences that are accessible, fun and community minded. Building up both experience and reputation, Pub Games worked on a number of games including Blastpoints, Primal Carnage & InFlux as well as other titles.

Last edited by dinosauriac; 10-29-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Egg
    aaaaaaaaahw yes!

I have a question. Do players who already own Primal Carnage have to purchase this NEW Primal Carnage?

Banned
    Having a tea party with Rexy and Blue deep in the Jungles of Isla Nublar.
    OMG I love the new tupa, spino, raptor and cryo skins ;D. is extinction the new name for 2.0? and btw I saw the new longhorn carno on the youtube page looks badass.

1. That half feathered raptor is a disgrace.

2. All the other skins look bloody amazing.

3. So you just renamed the game and are now calling the recode a sequel? And also, is the new company not just LWM renamed?

This is seeming awfully "cough" Spiral "cough" familiar...

Oh well, it does not matter, this looks really cool.

Extinction is the name for the existing game right? No new games and having to re purchase it and all that stuff.

And those new skins are all part of the new economy system? Because that spiked raptor looks fabulous and I want it.

QUOTE=Jackdamian;3204]aaaaaaaaahw yes! quick question though, it says 9 dino classes. what got added?[/QUOTE]

There are currently 9 species in the game: Rex, Raptor, Dilo, Carno, Ptera, Spino, Cryo, Tupa, Ovi.
    "No matter what the future may bring, some things will never change! Like the courage and daring of true heroes!" RIP Bionicle.

Holy ♥♥♥♥ this looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdamian View Post
    aaaaaaaaahw yes! quick question though, it says 9 dino classes. what got added?
    Ptera 1, Tupa 2, Nova 3, Ovi 4, Dilo 5, Cryo 6, Carno 7, Trex 8, Spino 9

I didn't mess up, right?

I guess that Primal Carnage Extinction isn't actually a whole new game, it's just that if you buy the current build you will get Primal Carnage Extinction when the current build updates, as it's really just an update. There also isn't a "Primal Carnage Extinction" on the Steam Store page, and therefore we can't pre order a "Primal Carnage Extinction" as the big button thing on the main website suggests.

Also, if you think about how they put the following, it seems like they want you to buy the current build of the game:

"Pre-order on Steam- players that pick up the game on Steam before the end of November will get the new “Volcano”Spinosaurus skin for free and will get access to the Beta on November 10th."

EDIT: NEVER MIND THEN

OH MY GOOOOOOOD AAAAAAHUFHUSHGSDFML

I'm still waiting for the info about people who already have the 'old' primal carnage game and what is going to happen next, but I'm loving the new skins and the human outfits <3333
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

I want that raptor skin. Must have.

please tell me people who already own the game get the spino skin
    R.I.P. David Bowie

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Chojnowski View Post
    please tell me people who already own the game get the spino skin
    I hope so since most of us already have the game so pre ordering is not possible.
    "No matter what the future may bring, some things will never change! Like the courage and daring of true heroes!" RIP Bionicle.

Protoplasm
    It looks more like an update

Quote Originally Posted by Trisdino View Post
    1. That half feathered raptor is a disgrace.

2. All the other skins look bloody amazing.
    I frickin love that raptor. I'm playing that raptor over the old green one. I would LOVE a green variant of that color.

As everyone has been asking, will I have to rebuy the game? And if not, do previous owners of the game get the Volcano Spino skin?

This game looks so awesome!

EDIT: Is the community gonna be involved for prerelease beta testing for this?

Because an entirely new company has taken the helm on development of Primal Carnage (and the entire game has been rebuilt from the ground up) its been decided that we're going to be launching this as a new game in conjunction with the PS4 announce. Also, because it's a new company, it must be on a new Steam App ID as well.

This game is an entirely new game and will cost money. However, over the next few days we'll be having massive giveaways and promotions that will make this change hardly any inconvenience to our long-time fans!

More and more news coming guys

Everything is ****ing awesome.

Except for that half feathered raptor. Skin is nice, concept is gross.

Thread Information