Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R.I.P.

im just glad there getting a new pounce rather than the oh so easy launch foreword at the speed of sound even after they've been shot or lit on fire. and im sick of pounce because it immobilizes you, even if for the shortest time. its over used by a lot of players that are simply to lazy to use the slash attack. it could mean the difference between getting Eaton by a rex or not. it could also be the difference between which human gets killed first when a swarm of the dinos all comes in at once. its good mechanic, just not done right the first time around. to easy to do. the new pounce looks good. with an actual leap and charge up time. that gets rid of the spam problem. and maybe they will fix if the raptor takes damage during the charge or pounce it will cancel.
    R.I.P. David Bowie

I'm getting the impression I am the only one who uses the pounce and slash depending on the situation. Lone human? Pounce. Group of humans? Slash. Group of humans that is distracted and it's likely to succeed? Pounce. Pounce fails? Run, you're a bloody raptor.
    Honestly I don't even have a problem with the pounce-spammers, most of the time all they do is give points.

Many thanks to Cykotyk for this awesome signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Flishster View Post
    Or after you miss that second pounce, as most pouncers do, just run away. It's not like raptors are easy to hit on the run. Missing pounces isn't that easy, anyways, considering your hitbox is so huge.
    Ehhh, not really. The lack of stamina means the sprint is terrible and a non-sprinting raptor is pretty slow.

See, the pounce hitbox is so confusing because sometimes it's so wide that you could miss by a meter and get them in the pounce OR you miss it because you were a millimetre out in one direction. Also, apparently, you didn't sacrifice your first-born child to the Primal Gods and they are angered by this and absolutely smite all pouncing "accuracy" from your cold, numb, clicking fingers.

GMT +0 | FC: 2766 - 8676 - 0830

You have stamina after the second pounce, just not enough to finish a third pounce, so you'd have a little under a third of your normal stamina. The raptor can only run for 13 seconds normally, but you're going 40 mph which isn't exactly something easy to hit. The "walk" is already somewhere around 10 mph, as it's almost as fast as the human sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by FlameFireBlast View Post
    ITS ALSO FUN TO FEAST ON THE TEARS OF PRO PLAYERS AS YOU POUNCE THEM OVER AND OVER! HAHAHAHAH!
    i'm so evil...
    I don't pounce as often as I use to but if this one player(not gonna say who of course) is on the human team I do it to them everytime. Its just too dang hilarious and entertaining for everyone else watching that guy get mad. hehehe

If you don't get at least a little bit annoyed being pounced over and over again (especially RIGHT after spawning in a big match), then you are lying.

And I constantly see raptors pouncing into a group of humans. Constantly. Sometimes they succeed because that human just happened to be low on health, their team wasn't paying attention, or their team has the reaction speed of a dead cat.

They should of put a cooldown of some sort on it so you can only pounce once every x seconds or something like that. I wouldn't of minded. I hate the pounce so much that I rarely even use it myself now, unless I'm feeling particularly vengeful and want to chew on someone's face. :3

Anyways. Good riddance to it!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by usstalladega View Post
    I don't pounce as often as I use to but if this one player(not gonna say who of course) is on the human team I do it to them everytime. Its just too dang hilarious and entertaining for everyone else watching that guy get mad. hehehe
    Yes exactly When I go pouncer raptor it's to piss off someone I either don't like or someone who complains Trex is op when hes trying to 1v1 a rex with 2 pistols. but usually I use my claws.

Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Never really understood why people complain about pouncers. I mean, as far as I'm concerned, it's your fault you decided to run off all on your own and put yourself in the predicament of being pounced. I've never seen raptors pounce into a group of people, though maybe that's just because I hang out in severs where people know not to do that. Shrug. I also see a lot of bad pouncers. You know the kind, right? Don't line up their pounces. Miss x2. Die. Good times!
    You must not play on many servers. If I had a dollar for every raptor who decided pouncing into a group of humans was a smart idea, I'd be one rich ♥♥♥♥♥.

As of this past weekend Rex Rampage has been made no more. It will be replaced by a better RP server when PCE is released.

awesome. never did like rex rampage and gives roleplayers another place to go.
    R.I.P. David Bowie

MPQC's server has rex enabled now, sadly almost everyone plays as them now. Thats really what made the server unique and fun
    Click the egg and obtain a raisin!

Quote Originally Posted by SlyThePug View Post
    MPQC's server has rex enabled now, sadly almost everyone plays as them now. Thats really what made the server unique and fun
    While this is probably the wrong topic for it, I'll just explain myself on this, mainly so I can just link it instead of constantly explaining it when people ask me, which does happen a fair amount.

Ever since I restricted the rex, I've always gotten a huge amount of complaints about it. I never really wanted to restrict the rex - but as I couldn't find a way to fix the camera bug, it was left restricted and admin only (though they could allow people to use it whenever they wished, as long as they watched the person to make sure they're not breaking peoples camera's). I've mentioned to people many times that that is the sole reason it was restricted, and I stand by that. Few days ago I spent a few hours on it trying various different ways to fix it, and found a way - no more camera bug, no more reason to be restricted. Hence, anyone can feel free to use it now.

I knew full well that people are going to be exclusively playing as rex/spino, at least for a little bit. Once the novelty of it dies down people won't be spamming it as hard - though I suspect it'll probably always be the class that's always full lol. I've been randomly joining in just to see what's up, and from what I've seen the roleplays are continuing as normal. Just like "plz move me to dinos" has gone away, people will realize what's up with how the rex spawning works and will most likely stop with that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MPQC View Post
    ..."plz move me to dinos" ...
    Now we have ''HERE IS THE AMMO BOX?!'' XD

Egg
    The new pounce mechanic looks interesting, and looks as if it takes some amount of skill to use. Limited Hitbox, chargup, etc...

SEI SIND DAS ESSEN NEIN WIR SIND DIE JAGER

Thread Information