91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Primal Carnage: Extinction

53 58.24%
  • Prinal Carnage V1.3

38 41.76%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PC:E Vs. 1.3

PC:E Vs. 1.3

So, after spending over $100 on the money grab that is Primal carnage extinction crates, I realised that I will never get these rare skins. So I decided that even after all it's been through, PC 1.3 is generally a better game. More balance, and more actual gameplay, not just stupid skin hunting. So I was hoping (even though it's unlikely since I heard Lukewarm disbanded) that maybe, with just a few little patch ups, this game could be back at its former glory! If PC:E ever wants to be as good as 1.3, they need to fix up the BS known as the loot system. What is your preference? Which do you like more, PC:E or 1.3?

I dunno... I prefer PCE and these are my reasons

- PC1.3 ran terribly on my computer and I could only ever play effectively with all my settings on super low, and my computer plugged directly into the Ethernet cable.
    - PC1.3 tyrants really really ruined the game for me, especially when Rex Rampage was the main popular server. PC1.3 tyrants were just too difficult to kill, and I usually found that the human team was slaughtered because of it. I like PCE tyrants because they are easier on the human team, but also still enjoyable, in my opinion, to play.
    - I actually like the loot system. I don't like that it's drawing away from the actual game play with so many loot farming servers, but I enjoy seeing the different skins. With some tweaking the loot system could benefit the game. They just need to work on how.
    - I love all the new skins, maps, and better graphics. Sure, it's still an indie game so it's not AMAZING compared to other games, but it's still pretty awesome.
    - I never got to play the early days of PC1.3, so I never got to see the entire thing during it's finest. I started playing maybe 6 months before the new version came out and it felt like an abandoned game to me. Sure, people still played it, but it wasn't being improved or worked on. I really like the active relationship between devs and the community for PCE.

Loot is working fine. Just because you're unlucky doesn't mean its broken. Rare means a small portion of the population should have x. I tend to see all the rares except for the red ovi and the alpha dilo on a good number of players.

1.3 is an insult to what primal carnage was.

1.2 or earlier was better

Quote Originally Posted by M0oD1e View Post
    More balance
    I'm sorry, but, what? Only one or two classes are actually balanced in 1.3, the Trapper, and maybe you could say the Carno. All the other classes suck (Dilo, Commando) to the point they aren't fun to play, are so easy (Pathy, rex, raptor) they aren't fun to play, or have incredibly inconsistencies (scientist, ptero) that make them annoying to play as. At least in PCE, more than two classes are viable options.
    I want a strong independent tranq rifle that don't need no scope #AntiDolt

PC1.3 will forever be what it is unless if the publisher takes up some new devs for that game.

PC:E will continue to get more and more patches that will improve the experience little by little so long as C5 continues to support it.

Even if you consider PC1.3 better as it is now, PC:E has a better future than its predecessor. Also, how does having a loot system in the game make PC:E worse?

Of course I like both games, but I have to agree with War on 1.3. I think PC:E is a lot better then 1.3 by far. Since of course you get to look forward to more updates, but for 1.3 they won't be updating it.

For loot, it doesn't make it worse. I know I have horrible luck, but then I get surprised by sudden small spurts of luck. But the items I'm getting out of the DC2 is not so lucky now, cause I think I used most of my good luck on two Alpha Novas...
    I just want a Falcon. ;3;

PC:E still have potential of being something better since it still can be updated.

However, for now, I stil prefer how most of the classes worked in the previous game (actually before 1.3 happened) but the way you controlled all the characters was perfect for me, iun PC:E I still have issues with the movements of most dinos ><' and some of the animations especially on the humans they look so derp.

But like I said PC:E can be improved while PC 1.3 is gonna be stuck like that forever.
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

Banned
    PC 1.3 crushes PC:E when it comes to core game function, gameplay and game physics but also mainly the entire game it's self was for me far more enjoyable, most pro players went back to 1.3 mainly due toa far better gameplay experience.

No loot nonsense, just a game everyone loves playing, I heard that 1.2 was better i was never there so I can only refer on what PC 1.3 gave me compared to PC:E which was former PC 2.0 x64.

All I see now are Loot servers over the traditional GTC, TDM or CTE games, I only play PC:E to track bugs, if nothing much changes it's back to PC 1.3 for me if looking fora serious TDM, GTC or CTE and PC:E will be used for Free Roam RP's and Derp games
    Last edited by Tylosaurus; 03-08-2015 at 08:03 AM.

That game was a joy to play, even with its flaws. The dinosaurs moved better, the classes were more balanced, and it had fun quirks (melee slapping and rex head bobbing) that PCE lacks. I found it very addictive. I do hope that PCE can live up to 1.3, and even surpass it. I want to love it as much as I loved 1.3.

Banned
    oh yes 1.3, even though the graphics aint good today it still is enjoyable but i perfer pce at times cause you carry on playing for a reason to get loot.

In the jurassic, watching this computer the humans gave me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonvoid View Post

That game was a joy to play, even with its flaws. The dinosaurs moved better, the classes were more balanced, and it had fun quirks (melee slapping and rex head bobbing) that PCE lacks. I found it very addictive. I do hope that PCE can live up to 1.3, and even surpass it. I want to love it as much as I loved 1.3.
    I second this.

"Those dang T-rex wanna-be class players!"

i think both games got its ups and downs. im not sure what i would pick tbh :s
    Nope, i dont have facebook ... But i got steam!

1.3 was a complete disaster compared to 1.2 and earlier and also compared to PCE. At the moment I find PCE's gameplay far more enjoyable than 1.3 ever did. While PCE still has it's flaws these will in fact be addresed in later patches because PCE has a future unlike 1.3 which will be left to rot in due time.
    "No matter what the future may bring, some things will never change! Like the courage and daring of true heroes!" RIP Bionicle.

Played a match the other day in 1.3 and I gotta say PC:E wins over in enjoyment. Sure the movement in 1.3 is nicer, but I like the subclass utility and being able to dilo freely. PC:e also seems to have better hit detection on the dinos even with high pingers( though it does have its isues as well). The most fun I have had on pc:e on my server with no trappers/Pyro/tyrants/hunters which can almost top my memory of the early PCG clans vs devs events.

PC:E has a while to go before before it can top 1.2 and earlier though, but at least my game doesn't look dull and fogged up anymore. And the lack of great tdm has made me socialize more.

At this moment, I'm going to say PC 1.3. It's buggy as all heck, but I actually have fun playing it. I haven't received much enjoyment out of PC:E yet. I'm still trying to get the timing right with the controls, I'm barely able to hit anything as any class on either team (much less kill something), and even on the matches where I am doing "good" I generally just don't have fun. 1.3, with all its bugs and issues (and the over-abundance of complainers about said issues) has the gameplay I've been craving from PC:E. Thus, I have been playing it more. I can say nothing about any version prior to 1.3 because 1.3 is the version I purchased, so this game's glitches are what I am used to working around.

That being said, I know that PC:E is still Early Access and being developed, so I know the potential is there. I can see the dev team is working on it, they're actually communicating with us properly as opposed to many of the things that apparently went on with 1.3, and there is a genuine effort to not only finish the game, but also keep in contact with the players. I'm not going to give up on PC:E, but I am going to wait until it is something I'm comfortable playing and can actually get enjoyment out of.
    Screw the PC master race. You've all got sticks shoved so far up your rear-ends it's caused brain damage. Go jump off a cliff.

Thread Information