• Primal Carnage: Extinction

53 57.61%
  • Prinal Carnage V1.3

39 42.39%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: PC:E Vs. 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by Armonite View Post
    .... most of them agree on things like the weapons not feeling right
    Genuine question, what exactly do the mean by this?

I can see how the insta high jumps in PCE can make the dinos feel floaty, which can be fixed be adding back dem controllable jump heights.

My opinion on the PCE weapons is that they feel numb and disconnected to the immersion it's trying to accomplish.

They sound about as intimidating as a pea shooter and the aiming reticule is notably slower than in the first game. That, combined with the the frankly bad human animations makes humans in this game just feel fake and "meh".

Quote Originally Posted by DinoBear View Post
    Genuine question, what exactly do the mean by this?

I can see how the insta high jumps in PCE can make the dinos feel floaty, which can be fixed be adding back dem controllable jump heights.
    Mostly what primitive said, weapons feel as if they were pretty weak when firing them, even when some are actually not underpowered, also they have worse accuracy than in PC and aiming feels unresposive, on PC weapons are actually satisfying to use and fire while on PCE they feel just bland, to be honest more bland than in any other shooter i have played, the gunplay in PCE actually feels similar to games like Orion while PC gunplay is much closer to CS and Evolve, any decent shooter to be honest.

My guess is they were talking about not having controllable jump heights as well and air control being more limited, but i also have noticed dinos had a more proper sence of weight in PC which made them feel more natural, Moving or jumping as Carno actually feels like you are controlling something of that weight and size, same can be said about raptor and i guess dilo too but i really didnīt test that class.

In PCE the momentum thing really makes me hate dinosaur movement. I know it's trying to be a bit more realistic but man does it just look and feel bad to me. If they ever got rid of it, the mechanics would be so much more like PC and I'd actually really enjoy playing the game. I try time after time to enjoy PCE mainly because I freaking love the community here on the forums, what drives me away is the controls every time.

I do have to agree the guns feel bad. The only one that feels powerful and has decent accuracy is the sniper rifle (which tbh was better than the PC version before they ruined the sniper scope's sensitivity for no apparent reason), but the AR does not feel like its doing damage at all, it takes way too long to kill anything with it, and the fact rockets STILL don't always damage things they hit doesn't help. The pistol feel terrible because the kickback is so bad when firing with them, and the aim reticle seems smaller than the actual hit radius. The damage is good, but the accuracy is so bad you're lucky to hit anything smaller than a ptero, let alone kill them. The deagle is just pathetic, you could remove it from the game and see absolutely no effect, which is sad because every other secondary is actually useful. The shotgun is okay, probably the second best weapon after the sniper rifle, it feels like it misses more often than it should somehow.

As for the Dino movement, it is different I'll agree, but once you get used to it, it's actually a lot better. I remember I could never walk along those pipes on Docks and Ubase on the old PC without crouching, but now it's actually really easy.
    I want a strong independent tranq rifle that don't need no scope #AntiDolt

Quote Originally Posted by Flishster View Post
    I do have to agree the guns feel bad. The only one that feels powerful and has decent accuracy is the sniper rifle (which tbh was better than the PC version before they ruined the sniper scope's sensitivity for no apparent reason), but the AR does not feel like its doing damage at all, it takes way too long to kill anything with it, and the fact rockets STILL don't always damage things they hit doesn't help. The pistol feel terrible because the kickback is so bad when firing with them, and the aim reticle seems smaller than the actual hit radius. The damage is good, but the accuracy is so bad you're lucky to hit anything smaller than a ptero, let alone kill them. The deagle is just pathetic, you could remove it from the game and see absolutely no effect, which is sad because every other secondary is actually useful. The shotgun is okay, probably the second best weapon after the sniper rifle, it feels like it misses more often than it should somehow.

As for the Dino movement, it is different I'll agree, but once you get used to it, it's actually a lot better. I remember I could never walk along those pipes on Docks and Ubase on the old PC without crouching, but now it's actually really easy.
    ^^

Except the Deagle thing. It does ~50 damage and fires relatively quickly. Its also very accurate. Good for sniping small dinos.
    But I see where youre coming from.

Also, while I agree that the movement for dinosaurs is easier, it just feels and looks WAY too mechanical. I think. Maybe.

Oh man, everyone who voted PC:E in this thread is eating their words now.
    Click the egg and obtain a raisin!

Commonly referred to as 1.3, adds a large .... Damage dealt by others in multiplayer now appears faded vs normal damage numbers.

brass knuckles

1.3 its so nice graphics.

cheap brass knuckles

I prefer PCE

Thread Information