Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Primal Carnage: Extinction

53 58.24%
  • Prinal Carnage V1.3

38 41.76%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PC:E Vs. 1.3

i missed the time able to vote. but im with pce. infinitely more possibilities. i could care less for the skins.

-the amount of bull♥♥♥♥ 1.3 pathfinder deals. I've dealt with that murderous native american for over a year. im never going back to deal with his flare spamming and lead showers.

-POUNCE SPAM IS STILL A BIGGER ISSUE THEIR THAN IN PCE

-rex and spino are gods. no need for how overpowered they are.

-in 1.3 their is no scout class aka pteranadon... just flying raptors.

-trapper, built to defend the team from spam dinos with his nets and pistols. slaying carnos like its his business.

-spitter? nah. just a small assault raptor with a bite that slows you and a spit that may or may not work 50% of the time. that is after it activates its 2 shots with a roar.

even back when pce was in early access and sucked pretty bad, it was still a welcome change for me. because not everyone could exploit the same garbage over and over as much as they could (and still do) in the original.

i will admit, the versions before 1.3 were nice. but pce is probably going to surpass them in content update 1
    R.I.P. David Bowie

Philosoraptor
    I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time
    Actually, pounce spam is bigger issue than it it is in Primal Carnage. You can spam it infinitely in pc:e.

I used to love 1.3
    I started playing PC:E
    But then, everyone started saying 1.3 was better.
    I redownloaded 1.3, and played it.
    I started getting used to the old UI and controls.
    But no matter how much I wanted to enjoy it, I couldn't.

For me, PC:E is a better game.

Pterrordactyl Frank ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Baum's Avatar
    PC:E all the way, PC is good, but Extinction is better, I can't understand ppl, who once said that PC was a broken garbage, played PC:E for like, 10 hours, and went back to the original complaining about balance issues, for me, I can play the game as any class and still get a decent amount of kills and can't wait for CU1

For myself, I would have to go for PC 1.3.
    Though I barely remember PC 1.2 and earlier versions and the amount of fun there, PC 1.3 compared to PC:E, I would have to go with PC 1.3.

I enjoy the controls and have a greater amount of fun on PC 1.3 compared to PC:E. It is always rewarding when you are able to just barely grab someone in the middle of a teamfight, with low health, and taking off with them while dodging shots from their teammates. Though there are bugs and etc on PC 1.3 (As well as me despising being pounced on and pouncing onto a human.), there have been many memorable moments on PC 1.3 as well as able to for long periods of time play matches on there. I've also met some wonderful friends on there that I continue to talk and play with.

I spent many hours on PC:E, yet I never have any amount of fun with the controls and in matches. The rare times I do have fun on PC:E is either messing with friends on a custom server, just chilling and talking on a No-kill server with a friend, or on a rare server with a specific fun setup/game. Many times I've tried GTTC and Team Deathmatch on there, yet I barely spend a good amount of time before leaving to hands down: not having fun.

I do believe PC:E will go great distances and will get better overtime, however right now I don't consider PC:E that enjoyable. I'll probably wait a patch or two before trying out PC:E some more ^^.

PCE....
    - never got to play the glory days of pc1 all I have reference to is tyrants that can't be killed and various problems because the game was never finished.
    - PCE has skins and though I'm not a loot farmer by any means I like the variety.
    - development. Sure PCE needs work but it's being constantly worked on. Pc1 is not, and never will be, updated. Best to support something that is actually being supported.

Pretzelcoatlus Scarab Raptor (HaloPromise)'s Avatar
    I love 'em both despite their flaws. I like the slower more controlled feel I got from 1.3. I felt like I new how to hold my own as a human more if I had to in that one. XD Not as much now.

-The pouncing did seem broken in the old one, with that magical skid across the ground 100mph and almost always landing. XD Glad that's fixed and it's /sortttaaa/ easier to avoid (If that bug doesn't happen where they are not even pouncing in your direction and still some how land on you). But still... the fact all I hear is 30 squeeling raptors rapidly tapping the pounce button while never tiring out is still enough to annoy me a good amount. Especially since if they wait 2 seconds their stamina is pretty much recharged enough to pounce and kill me anyway. Nyeh.

-The pathie in either game isn't too great. One was a monster with 1 hit kills up the yang (it didn't bug me that much however, I just usually avoided them if there was more than one) and now the current one is as intimidating as a bunny rabbit holding a squirt gun. XD

-I still really like the carno, but his headswing is now kinda trash until it's fixed. Even without it, he's still great for raking in kills in TDM servers.

-I miss the scope the dilo had. But it was a touchy thing with me. If I was tying to sneak... I didn't want to scope... then I couldn't see much at all. XD

-The tyrant are definitely better in PC;E.

-Super raptor mode isn't so super anymore. ;v; It was kinda hilariously fast before, but now it hardly feels different.

-Skins... yeah... I enjoy them. XD

BUT, the thing is. PC;E is getting updated. New content, patches, ect. So PC;E is my choice.

Meh, there is a lot more I can go on but a lot of it is opinion based probably.
    I know because I've gotten so used to PC;e, I can't go back to 1.3 and function properly. ;v; Even though I did a lot better on that game.

Extinction takes it for me. Yeah I totally know about the gameplay issues that it has, but they will be addressed in later patches as the game continues to update, whereas 1.3 will just stay forever what it is, never update again and just be left to rot.

At least in PCE, the Dilo is actually useful, whereas it was a weakling in 1.3 and was frustrating to play. The tyrants also aren't so ridiculously overpowered, neither pathfinder.

PCE also has all the amazing new skins (things like the alphas, falcon and more) and brings a bigger diversity in the game, also of course Acrocanthosaurus coming its way.

As for now, Primal Carnage 1.3 is what I prefer. Simply gameplay wise it feels... Better for my competitive spirit. Now's not to say that I've given up on PC:E, nonono. I still support it. I'm just waiting for the gameplay of PC:E to exceed PC V 1.3.

Content wise, PC:E Takes the cake. Hands down.

Gameplay wise... PC I feel has overall better... I dunno. Feel. Balance (Dilo in 1.3 isn't bad, just very fragile and takes a ton of skill to get kills, or play him as a spitter)

PC:E feels like Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and PC V 1.3 feels like Melee. Melee was the better competitive game, less forgiving but more rewarding. Same with PC. Brawl was SO much nicer to the players, and I feel that, again, gameplay wise, PCE is too.

Both of these games have their pros and cons, at least for me.

PC1 was a lot more fun. You could do random sh**, not get a single kill, and exit the game feeling happy.

PCE feels kinda gloomy, at least to me. It isn't fun. If your playing humans, there is no chance in hell you will win a match. As dinosaurs its just too easy.

The only reason I play PCE over PC1 right now is because I get 3x less lag. And skins, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Juhn Jorgo View Post
    PC1 was a lot more fun. You could do random sh**, not get a single kill, and exit the game feeling happy.
    So true. Slapping rexes and rex riding. :D

I did so many nonsensical things with friends, but there just doesn't seem the opportunity for that in PCE.

The only reason I play PCE over PC1 right now is because I get 3x less lag. And skins, I guess.
    I also get much less lag in PCE, and I kind of wish 1.3 ran as smoothly.

Side note officially PC:E has held a steady player count (excluding the spike dude to humble bundle sales) lead over PC so can't wait to see these numbers change even more after content update 1

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/215470,321360
    Last edited by Cykotyk; 05-28-2015 at 10:05 AM.

Philosoraptor
    Only when they fix the horrible lag, pounce spam, carnos getting stuck, ptera fly bug, raptors pouncing when on fire, raptors pouncing when mine is just under their feet without it exploding, carnos infinite stamina, the horrible lag, and many, many more bugs then it would be equal in fun to Primal Carnage.

I get horrible lag regardless of my ping. Let it be 5 or 100, I still lag.

In Primal Carnage I never lagged.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNova View Post
    I get horrible lag regardless of my ping. Let it be 5 or 100, I still lag.

In Primal Carnage I never lagged.
    Are you completely sure your computer can handle it? Because I run it on the highest settings I can, and I only start to lag once I reach about 200-250 ping

Philosoraptor
    Quote Originally Posted by War Bear 112 View Post
    Are you completely sure your computer can handle it? Because I run it on the highest settings I can, and I only start to lag once I reach about 200-250 ping
    Yes it can. I usually have about 20 ping.
    Is it lower ping = laggier or higher ping = laggier?

Thread Information