Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNova View Post
    A virus? Well, now I know i'm not going to download this.

(I don't want viruses)
    The file is fine. Me and several other people who downloaded it didn't get a virus.
    Check out my tumblr~ http://sharktist.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Senoba View Post
    The file is fine. Me and several other people who downloaded it didn't get a virus.
    if that was the case i would be able to use it but nope my computer detected a viruus and stopped it from doing any harm,if your woundering what virus checker i use its nortron preimium

invalid signiture space please refrain from saying goose otherwise the world might explode

Quote Originally Posted by Robotanic Rex View Post
    if that was the case i would be able to use it but nope my computer detected a viruus and stopped it from doing any harm,if your woundering what virus checker i use its nortron preimium
    Criminy. Computers will treat any download as a virus. Really, it's fine.

And if not, just download the programs and models from the sources instead of the .rar in the OP.
    Check out my tumblr~ http://sharktist.tumblr.com/

Criminy. Computers will treat any download as a virus. Really, it's fine.

And if not, just download the programs and models from the sources instead of the .rar in the OP.
    the thing is i cant even open xlxlara because its being treated as harmful

invalid signiture space please refrain from saying goose otherwise the world might explode

Quote Originally Posted by Robotanic Rex View Post
    the thing is i cant even open xlxlara because its being treated as harmful
    Norton is notorious for false positives that can't be fixed

Philosoraptor
    I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time
    Oooh that is good! No viruses.

Craves that mineral Kaitou Cat♂'s Avatar
    Just want to point out you can also use gimp? http://www.gimp.org/
    Oh and you might want to avoid using plain bright white, it turns invisible. c:

Downloads don't work for me. Try to install it and all it wants me to do is a repair for it the restart my computer, then repair again before once again restarting. No launching of the app or anything. :X

When I make a new skin it just has the object version that doesn't let me pose it. Any help?

So it doesn't contain a virus?

Raptor Bait
    Quote Originally Posted by azeHC View Post
    Hello everyone, if you have struggled as much as i have to make your dino skin ideas come to life and look good, then look no further. ive complied everything here for you. This works for windows 7

Ok first of all. Download this folder from my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mf2xlcqyk2...odels.rar?dl=0

This folder contains a small, easy to use program which allows you to view .mesh and .xps model files. These files come from the very complicated way of extracting models from the Unreal engine.

Download this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=22588

and this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=40773

These are required to run the program. Just double click the .exe file and youre good to go.

I have included all of the dino class models and textures (apart from tupa) which are ready to view in the program. you simply click File>add model.

If you want to view the model with your custom texture, firstly you need to make one. you can find all of the texture files in the corresponding folders. They are targa files (.tga) which is the standard for game textures. These files can be opened and made easily with photoshop. also in the obj folders, there are all the texture files as .png's so that you can view them quickly. (a bonus tip - .png format preserves transparrency, .jpeg does not.)

So you open the .tga file in photoshop and re-colour it how you want. Photoshop may take a little practice but theres many tutorials out there on youtube. once youve made your masterpiece, save it as a .tga. create a new folder and name it whatever you call this new skin, e.g White Wolf Raptor. copy all of the texture files and .mesh (or.xps) file from the original dinosaur folder you worked from, so in this case i would cope all the novaraptor files and paste them into my white wolf folder. you need to delete the original texture that you worked from, and then rename your custom texture file to that name. so in this case the original raptor texture file is called D_Raptor.tga so i will rename my white wolf.tga to D_Raptor.tga. now copy the white wolf folder and paste it in XNALara_XPS>data you will see all the other dino folders here too. now just run the program and view your new texture

If you want to show it off in the forums, simply go here: http://imgur.com/ and upload it all free, no accounts needed. then copy the direct URL. when you post in the forum click the insert picture button and paste the link.

like i said all the .obj's are there so you can even remodel stuff if you wish, but you would probably have to completely texture it and UV map it from scratch if you wanted it textured. if that sentence is over your head, then don't bother trying to do it.

As a final note, I can help you get photoshop. just add me on steam. i heard a lot of you saying you dont have good software.

Enjoy people!
    noticed you mentioned XNALara and not the game. does this process let us mod it into the game? because reskinning it but only able to see it in a model viewer is sort of pointless without getting it into the game.

i have actually done reskins myself
    youtu.be/9XsMV7O74T0

another thing, the developers are fine with us messing with the files like this if we can port this into the game? this thread is right here on the forums and its not locked?

Quote Originally Posted by Caliber70 View Post
    noticed you mentioned XNALara and not the game. does this process let us mod it into the game? because reskinning it but only able to see it in a model viewer is sort of pointless without getting it into the game.

i have actually done reskins myself
    youtu.be/9XsMV7O74T0

another thing, the developers are fine with us messing with the files like this if we can port this into the game? this thread is right here on the forums and its not locked?
    ok, this is a rather complicated topic. for a start you would need to package the new textures into the unreal engine which i have no idea how to do. but even if i did im not 100% sure if it will work because the way that primal carnage uses textures is not as simple as you make a new one and it wears it. each model uses a couple of textures overlays. the making of custom skins here is pretty much to show everyone here that you can. that being said, if you were to somehow get them into unreal, it might still work despite the texture layout they have.

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Striker View Post
    So it doesn't contain a virus?
    i can assure you there is no virus in this file.
    My Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198056468036
    My trade offer link is in my profile bio.

I can't find XNALara

Quote Originally Posted by Snowviraptor View Post
    I can't find XNALara
    I added the xnalara xps with the original post now, go get em!
    My Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198056468036
    My trade offer link is in my profile bio.

Predator X BritishQuetzalcoatlus♀'s Avatar
    Manchester in England, Sipping tea as the heavens fall
    Is there alpha raptor and falcon raptor models? because I would very much like to make some recolours using them

Thread Information