Close
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Saurian Thread

The teams completely split up if I'm not mistaken, and the guy who posted that vid is still in DBG so those models belong to that game and not Saurian.
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

well... its something :P
    R.I.P. David Bowie

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Chojnowski View Post
    it still could be right. saurian was birthed from the dino battlegrounds team if I'm not mistaken. the saurian people wanted to make the game and get it out there while the dbg team just puts work into it in there spare time. i may be wrong but i'm positive about this.
    Nope, Saurian was birthed from the Project Crynosaurs team, not Dinosaur Battlegrounds.

The very confusing sequence of events kinda goes like this =

mid 2013 = Project Crynosaurs and Dinosaur Battlegrounds are two completely separate indie dino simulator teams. Neither group has any knowledge of the other.

Oct ?15 2013 = Dinosaur Battlegrounds project head Frank Denota launches Kickstarter campaign

Oct 22 2013 = After some discussions between Frank and the certain members of the Crynosaurs team, the two projects decide to unite, announcing the merger on kickstarter.

Late October-November 2013 = After less than a week, it is clear that things are not working out between the two projects and Dinosaur Battlegrounds and Project Crynosaurs cancel the merger and go their separate ways. Shortly after this, a splinter group of Project Crynosaurs amicably (I think) breaks away to form Saurian while the remainder stick with the original Cryno group.

So you've got 3 dino-simulator teams = Saurian (looks to be a hardcore ultrarealistic simulation of the Hell Creek fauna). Project Crynosaurs (seem to be making a human survival game set in the Morrison Formation) and DBG (seems to be another hardcore simulator, but with more rpg/character customisation elements, set in several Mesozoic faunas). Each group seems to be aiming for a different end product and I sincerely hope all three projects succeed.

tklarenbeek1 is a DBG animator - that video is 100% DBG with nothing to do with Saurian.

ok then, i was wrong. now that that's settled it looks like dbg and saurian are very similar. dino battlegrounds seems to be making more promises than progress while with saurian they seem to be making more progress than promises. saurian for the win.
    R.I.P. David Bowie

Banned
    Having a tea party with Rexy and Blue deep in the Jungles of Isla Nublar.
    DBG and Saurian used to be together but eventually they separated into different games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemp205 View Post
    DBG and Saurian used to be together but eventually they separated into different games.
    this was already said but thanks.

anyone know when their site will be finished?
    R.I.P. David Bowie

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan Chojnowski View Post
    anyone know when their site will be finished?
    Sadly no not yet.

EDIT: new drawing of Quetzacotolus for saurian

Near the button that launches all of America's missiles, laughing maniacally.
    Wow, me likey!

I love this entire game, this is my most anticipated game of the year! You guys put so much work into making your dinosaurs the best they can be, and it warms my heart to think that there are people who truly do love the animals. Thank you and good luck!

Banned
    Lol sorry lad I'm not a dev of saurian i just found that picture by digging around on the internet :P.

Try-ceratops
    Hmm I know there have been no titanosaurid sauropods found in Hell Creek, but with the discovery of Alamosaurus being from the Maastrichtian-Danian formation would Saurian get a generic titanosaur put in the game.

Sadly no not yet.

EDIT: new drawing of Quetzacotolus for saurian

-zombies ate this image-
    holy scars the terrafing

invalid signiture space please refrain from saying goose otherwise the world might explode

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtyranno504 View Post
    Hmm I know there have been no titanosaurid sauropods found in Hell Creek, but with the discovery of Alamosaurus being from the Maastrichtian-Danian formation would Saurian get a generic titanosaur put in the game.
    Alamosaurus would be so fun to play as.Imagine starting out as a tiny baby only to eventually grow up into a 40 ton giant.

Alamosaurus would be so fun to play as.Imagine starting out as a tiny baby only to eventually grow up into a 40 ton giant.
    It'd be like the Alpha's Egg segment of the Dinosaur Planet TV series, or the Jurassic segment of WWD. Finger food at birth, an impregnable walking wall of meat at adulthood.

The Quetzalcoatlus concept art looks great too!

Banned
    I agree quetza looks good. And ya it would be like alphas egg except Idk who would replace Dragonfly.

Ok I read somewhere saurian was going to be online, which is the first I've heard. Can anyone confirm.

Thread Information