Close
Page 1 of 217 1231151101 ... LastLast

ARK: Survival Evolved Thread 2 (Keep On Topic)

Ok since the last one got closed I hope it's ok to create a new one. So can we please keep on topic for this one.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/346110

Anyway they've got a list now of confirmed Wildlife with also some planned and other possibilities. An interesting read to say the least Link to Wildlife list

Original Thread by Bartbrink1996

STAY ON TOPIC!!!!

Banned
    Huh, I wished the person that made that list had the sense to include links to the posts confirming each animal. I'm really curious if they really did confirm a gorgonopsid.

So, since we have this now I suppose I post the new dossiers that have been released over the last few days since the first thread got locked.

Last edited by Bartbrink1996; 05-30-2015 at 12:38 PM.
    "No matter what the future may bring, some things will never change! Like the courage and daring of true heroes!" RIP Bionicle.

that ankylosaurus is just....just....just god bloody alful

with all that pertection it might as well be the rats of the ark word becuase nothing could kill them without dying

invalid signiture space please refrain from saying goose otherwise the world might explode

Personally, I think the spider would've looked a little creepier if it had mouth parts like this (DON'T CLICK IF YOU'RE AN ARACHNOPHOBE):

Oh well. Still looking forward to taming some of those. I'm wondering if I can control where they spin their webs. That could be interesting for fortifying bases.
    Last edited by Lagiacrus; 05-30-2015 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Making the warning stand out more.
    -Keep your signature within 750x160-

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagiacrus View Post
    (don't click if you're an arachnophobe)
    Think that needed to be all caps in bold. *hyperventilating*

Quote Originally Posted by Lagiacrus View Post
    Personally, I think the spider would've looked a little creepier if it had mouth parts like this (DON'T CLICK IF YOU'RE AN ARACHNOPHOBE):

Oh well. Still looking forward to taming some of those. I'm wondering if I can control where they spin their webs. That could be interesting for fortifying bases.
    So cute *-*

visit my skin and recolour thread ;D also visit my art 3D & stuffs

Oh, glad this thread's back. Was annoyed it got locked over a little squabble earlier. =w=;

Anyways, I gotta say the only design I don't like thus far is the Carnotaurus, mostly out of preference. It just looks off to me. Otherwise, everything else looks fine despite the blatant inaccuracies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonith View Post
    carno
    Yeah got to agree there, for me this is the first time sawing a carno as inaccurate as that, so I'm guessing it's having a bigger affect on me than usual. I'm normally used to inaccuracies.

As for the giant Spiders, my guess with the mouth part is because of Shelob from Ltor, since she had a mouth similar to that.
    Plus those spider mouths/pincers would stop arachnopobics playing the game full stop. Skyrim spiders aren't as bad but it still needed someone to replace them with an un-animated bear model/skin.

Artist/Gamer/Buttface Spice_Weasel021's Avatar
    We can have birb pets? Yes please.

I suddenly feel a lot better about the inaccurate dinosaurs, seeing how they're handling the other animals. Everything's pretty heavily stylized; inaccuracy's okay if you're consistent about it.

The stylized versions of most of the animals are cool, even anky, but the carno is still meh for me

But dang, that Spider has a Predator mouth.
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

I must have a Dino Dossie for the Para.
    I need to see a clear image of his design.

Reading the "Pteranodon Wyvernus" (XD) dossier is good for a laugh. "While others I've seen on the island still call it a Pterodactyl, this is inaccurate," it says, before going on to claim that "P. Wyvernus" is "one of the least aberrant Dinosaurs on the Island." The irony is strong.

The list of creatures in the game is impressively large as well as diverse, but I wonder why they even bother trying to give these things binomial names, or more egregiously, shoehorn them into existing genera, when that clearly doesn't make any sense? They didn't do that with the spider, an obvious fantasy beast, instead naming it after a family of spiders. In my opinion, that logic should have extended to he game's whole bestiary: they've been given their own specific names, they should have been given unique generic names as well. I have to admit that I'd be at least a bit more accepting of a couple of those designs if that were the case... Though name changing wouldn't be enough to save the crappier among these concepts (of which there are too many.) I'm looking at you "Titanoboa," and you too Craptor... And ESPECIALLY "Brontosaurus." Ugh.

TSL left a gap that this game might be able to fill, but it's working from a disadvantage by not including any actual Dinosaurs. But if it comes out, and it's fun, I could see myself giving this a try.

I agree with Thag. If it comes out and it's fun, I'll try it, but I'm just not impressed with what I've seen so far.
    I want a strong independent tranq rifle that don't need no scope #AntiDolt

Thread Information