Close
Page 3 of 217 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    just gonna watch JackFrag's gameplay vid when he releases it.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaraptor View Post
    in the triceratops dossier, it is said it is a cross breed of styracosaurus and triceratops.
    That's like trying to breed a human with a gibbon. Very much impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillatamer View Post
    That's like trying to breed a human with a gibbon. Very much impossible.
    i think is something more like a cross breed with zebra with donkey

Weird looking game,some of the graphics look nice/detailed then moments later really dated.The UI,fonts,inventory stuff all looks terrible but I guess it all seems functional at least..like it has actual content.Streamer hasn't done very much though to show it off so it's hard to tell how much there is in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Inushiro View Post
    i think is something more like a cross breed with zebra with donkey
    Except zebras and donkeys CAN interbreed, theoretically. Plus, they're in the same genus (Equus), whereas Triceratops and Styracosaurus aren't. I'd say it's more like a chimpanzee and a gorilla; very closely related, but still different geni.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Wallace View Post
    Except zebras and donkeys CAN interbreed, theoretically. Plus, they're in the same genus (Equus), whereas Triceratops and Styracosaurus aren't. I'd say it's more like a chimpanzee and a gorilla; very closely related, but still different geni.
    What about Ligers, Tigons etc. Plus can you really tell looking at fossils (obviously correct me if I'm wrong) if species are competently seperate. Looking at the skeletons of a Wolf, Chihuahua, St Bernard and English Bull Dog, you wouldn't really think they're related the way they are, so why is it not possible for styr and Tric.
    I have to ask as this is something I'm curious about

Craves that mineral Kaitou Cat♂'s Avatar
    Not impressed with the stream graphics.. Will wait for some better videos.
    Also was hoping to play this tomorrow but low and behold, turns out I apparently work my new job tomorrow even though I was told that since I get X days off from my other job, I'd get to have those same days off from this job! Go figure.. Tempted to just call off because I'm so dang sore.
    Last edited by Kaitou Cat♂; 06-01-2015 at 05:19 PM.

They do have to change UI that's I'm sure. Those MMO's lvl above dinos breaks immersion a lot. Graphic is good, but it doesn't justify such huge requirements, because graphic isn't very pretty (or it's just the quality of streams + early access). The Island seems to be empty (plants. rocks etc). They do have to improve AI of dinos, because they just walk around, especially harbrivores.

They're a part of different subfamilies, chasmosaurinae for triceratops, and centrosaurinae for styracosaurus, so it would be like a human and Gibbon from Hominoidea mating; separated by just over 20 million years of speciation, and no chance of hybridization.

I think maybe the FOV is low on the streams I watched,was hoping they'd show more of the dense jungle area's.Mostly seen beaches so far but seen a fair bit of dino AI and seems like it's working,it looks good/interesting but getting a major streaming,youtube (rust,dayz) vibe if that makes sense.

Stream content was pretty weak, graphics and gameplay wise, but the initial release is tomorrow, so we should see much better content out then.

Watched a livestream from ReverbGames on twitch, they will be streaming it for the next 3 days for those who can't afford the game yet.
    I honestly don't care what the dinos look like, as long as it's 1 of the few (not all 3) badass, realistic, and/or cute :P

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Ieatyourface View Post
    So cute *-*
    Lol it's pretty cute to me, at least the first 1, AHEM peacock spider is the most kawaii spider on earth AHEM

From the stream I've seen of it, all I can say is yeesh. I agree with you all who don't like the UI and font choices. Very off-putting. Otherwise, I'm gonna save my judgement for the game when better quality videos come out for it.

Land where Passer montanus were slaughtered
    Donkey and Zebra belong to same genus named Equus. Scientific name of donkey is called Equus africanus asinus, while Zebras divide in to three different species, Equus zebra, Equus quagga and Equus grevyi.
    Tiger and lion are two species that belong to one genus named Panthera.
    So generally, animals in same genus CAN breed, but their offspring cannot reproduce.
    Wolves and dogs all belong to one specie named Canis lupus meaning that they can produce offsprings which can also give birth to next generation.

Triceratops and Styracosaurus however are not only different genus, but also different subfamily. Former belongs to a subfamily named Chasmosaurinae while the latter belongs to Centrosaurinae.
    And the difference between subfamilies are pretty huge, to cross-breed those two animals would be like cross-breeding human with gorilla or orangutan.

Hello.

I just now watched the Trailer, beginning to end, and let me just say:

My God, I am so HYPED! Wow! The game looks great! And I love that it will be in Early Access; Already, I have so much I'd love to say about it, and I would love to be able to voice my ideas, observations, and opinions as they arise, perhaps even influencing the game's development to a degree.

I apologize for my coming here to say this, and this alone, without offering anything more specific for the conversation. This, especially considering that quite a few of the comments above mine here seem to be expressing skepticism. However, I could hardly keep it in. I am so excited about this!

Thread Information