Close
    Pterrordactyl Frank ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) Baum's Avatar

Novaraptor pounce buggy on GTTC

Everytime I try to pounce someone on GTTC mode, I literally fly miles away from the target, even if the target is right in front of me I can't hit a single pounce

Consta GTTC( the main active gttc server of primal) has pounce modded so it's not noob cannon.

I find it weird how they didn't alter flares or nades as well if they were going to do that with pounce. And the whole Bhop enabled thing so humans can like embody pogo sticks.

It isn't a bug with the game but an intentional mod made for that server
    Last edited by Cykotyk; 11-22-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks for explaining this for me

Explains alot. Don't know what people have against pouncing

Quote Originally Posted by Ambial View Post
    Explains alot. Don't know what people have against pouncing
    Me neither, but some people consider the pounce as a "noob friendly" attack, that if you land it correctly on someone it's pretty much an insta-kill, but you actually have to "aim" the pounce, make sure none else is near you and if the human starts moving around, it's harder to hit them

In all honestly you don't even have to aim, hell I've stood 10ft BEHIND a raptor and the pounce still hits, and the thing is if they miss the first shot they'll just spam it until they land it which makes it annoying to deal with.

Protoplasm
    I dont understand why it was modded. It's part of the game, should just deal with it tbh. =\

Discussion regarding the validity of a modified server doesn't belong in this forum. This is a tech support forum. The user has received the answer they needed. If members wish to discuss this topic further, it should be taken to the 1.3 general discussion forum.

One of the admins of Docks 24/7 and manager of the PC 1.3 hacking report thread

Me neither, but some people consider the pounce as a "noob friendly" attack, that if you land it correctly on someone it's pretty much an insta-kill, but you actually have to "aim" the pounce, make sure none else is near you and if the human starts moving around, it's harder to hit them

Exactly plus the fact that you can ru out of stamina with it. (happened to me many times XD)

This should be the last post on the subject, as per TJ's request.

Bein one of the peeps who does NOT like pounce, lemme explain to you why.

Simple. It takes little to no skill. Sure, I get a pounce or two, but when I see you do NOTHING but pounce, that's when I get mad. And also, I tBag people who try to or do pounce me. (it's a policy of mine )

With regards to your aiming argument, as long as I'm 30 feet in front of you in a line, i'm dead. Simple.

98% of people in PC will not save you, that is a fact. You cannot deny that. That is why I find it tough to say "Yeah, that was a good kill." when I'm pounced. Now, if a Dilo kills me, that takes 4000% more skill then one pounce, I don't know if you're aware how hard that is. If a dilo kills me, they get my applause. Any other times are if the player clearly displays skill.

Now this should be the last post on the matter.

Thread Information