Close
Page 2 of 224 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    This is what I mean. Nowhere is it said they will be mind controlled. Nowhere. People just interpret it that way to make it sound bad and a lot of people want this movie to be bad for some weird reason.

Nowhere was it stated that TLW/JP3 would be removed from canon but everyone thinks it will because of a rumor. They still think the D.Rex will be a monster while Trevorrow clearly stated that it would look like a dinosaur yet still people are willing to believe random people on the internet over the director himself. You people have a thing for interpreting rumors as facts while giving your own spin to it making everything sound.

You guys just don't know what you want because: "nostalgia=bad and new ideas=bad."
    Just nothing is good in most people's eyes.

As for, I refuse to have an opinion on the subject until I have seen the movie but i'm just tired of people thinking everything about this movie is bad because the interpret it as such.

*End rant*
    "No matter what the future may bring, some things will never change! Like the courage and daring of true heroes!" RIP Bionicle.

Artist/Gamer/Buttface Spice_Weasel021's Avatar
    Everyone will enjoy it. People may complain, but deep down they'll enjoy it as much as we do.

I see very few things wrong with the idea on paper. The raptors were probably frequently interacted with since birth, and given their intelligence and bird-like way of thinking, it may be like some sort of giant parrot. It takes time to train a bird, but with patience, anything is possible.

As silly as the idea may LOOK on paper, it ultimately makes sense.
    R.I.P colored text.

Quote Originally Posted by DarKenn View Post
    I see very few things wrong with the idea on paper. The raptors were probably frequently interacted with since birth, and given their intelligence and bird-like way of thinking, it may be like some sort of giant parrot. It takes time to train a bird, but with patience, anything is possible.

That woman... is... with a... Cassowary
    Why am I so surprised when I've seen people hug bears and play with tigers.

No, trained raptors completely goes against their characters. These are Nublar raptors, They're a violent, sadistic and compassion-less species. Don't give me the intelligence bull♥♥♥♥, they ♥♥♥♥ing hate other species. They have as much character as anyone else in Jurassic Park, and now we're just gonna strip it and rape it? If you wanna use trained dinosaurs, use an animal that makes sense, like Hypsilophodont, who in the books can climb TREES.

Also, Bart, Trevorrow lied about trained dinosaurs.
    Last edited by Zombie Saurian; 10-07-2014 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Saurian View Post
    Also, Bart, Trevorrow lied about trained dinosaurs.
    As far as i'm aware he never said that there wouldn't be any trained dinosaurs. He said that there wouldn't be any "good" or "bad" dinosaurs but he never talked about "mind controlled raptors" as you put it.
    "No matter what the future may bring, some things will never change! Like the courage and daring of true heroes!" RIP Bionicle.

Mind controlled was brought up by an insider who has been correct with everything he has said so far, so I'll take his word.

Also, don't kid yourself, D-rex is gonna be the "bad" dinos and the raptos are gonna be the "good" dinos to track him and take him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Saurian View Post
    Mind controlled was brought up by an insider who has been correct with everything he has said so far, so I'll take his word.

Also, don't kid yourself, D-rex is gonna be the "bad" dinos and the raptos are gonna be the "good" dinos to track him and take him down.
    Can I have a link as to where this insider spoke of mind control?

As for the "good/bad" dino thing, i'll wait until i've seen the movie before i'll voice my opinion on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartbrink1996 View Post
    Can I have a link as to where this insider spoke of mind control?

As for the "good/bad" dino thing, i'll wait until i've seen the movie before i'll voice my opinion on this subject.
    Demoncarnotaur on JPL, has been right a great many-a-times.

Comparing the raptors to birds does not make sense, since by design, they are not animals, but rather, monsters. Really, they are nothing more than a cliche fantasy villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisdino View Post
    Comparing the raptors to birds does not make sense, since by design, they are not animals, but rather, monsters. Really, they are nothing more than a cliche fantasy villain.
    ^ This. It's ridiculous, because a Cassowary is not a sadist.

To be totally fair, with the amount of retcons the series has had thus far, they could probably change it without digging a(deeper) plot-hole, or just say that they were genetically engineered differently.

Honestly, the series has so little consistency that it is very hard to hold it accountable for its accuracy towards itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisdino View Post
    To be totally fair, with the amount of retcons the series has had thus far, they could probably change it without digging a(deeper) plot-hole, or just say that they were genetically engineered differently.

Honestly, the series has so little consistency that it is very hard to hold it accountable for its accuracy towards itself.
    Wait, with the exception of the Raptors changing skin color and getting pathetic feathers I'm not seeing any real retcons. Unless of course you're referring to between JW and the first 3.

Looks like it was real, Universal took down the Tweet and YT video explaining the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by JediSpectre117 View Post
    Wait, with the exception of the Raptors changing skin color and getting pathetic feathers I'm not seeing any real retcons. Unless of course you're referring to between JW and the first 3.
    In general, between the films and the films, the films and the books, the books and the books, and possibly JW and everything else.

Thread Information