Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Former Staff Member Maniacal-Max's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartbrink1996 View Post
    Really interesting read. It's always nice to get a bit of PC lore no matter how old it is. I hope in the future more lore will be revealed no matter how old.

And who is subject 9 exactly? At first I thought it was one of the dinosaurs but reading this it seems subject 9 is the designation of the entire experiment or am I reading it wrong?
    Subject 9 was the plane and all the people on it. It was deliberately leading you to think it was something to do with the dinosaurs and then turning it around so don't worry about that.

"High in the air Subject 9 was closing on its target", the plane was approaching its target destination, the island.

So when there were no survivors of Subject 9, there were no survivors of the plane...

So there were 8 previous subjects, they may not all have been crashed planes though, but certainly they were all unsuspecting people who were the unfortunate victims used so Phoenix (which wasn't Phoenix then) could test out their dinosaurs for whatever reasons we never go in to.

Basically, this was NOT Jurassic Park trying to make dinosaurs to wow the kiddies here, right from the get go.

Ooh I get it now, very nice.

But seriously though, reading this makes me wish we had a book full of Primal Carnage lore or something.
    "No matter what the future may bring, some things will never change! Like the courage and daring of true heroes!" RIP Bionicle.

Former Staff Member Maniacal-Max's Avatar
    Well, it certainly wasn't through lack of trying on my part...

Text was never punchy enough, that's why I tried other approaches like the dossier files/journal entries and the comics. It takes a lot to get simple writing seen as something of enough value in a dynamic medium such as a multiplayer video game.

In the jurassic, watching this computer the humans gave me.
    Oh my god this is awesome, i wish this was continued.

and it left at a cliffhanger hhngh

"Those dang T-rex wanna-be class players!"

Wait
    the hunt raptors have collars
    the dinosaurs had control collars
    hunt raptors are invisible
    does that mean people are controlling the hunt raptors?

Banned
    Having a tea party with Rexy and Blue deep in the Jungles of Isla Nublar.
    Buetiful work Max .

Indeed. Very wonderful work. The nostalgia factor is really up there. Makes me think of the good ol' days...

So the plane purposely crashed with the passengers unaware of the experiment?
    "Juvia lives for the ones that she loves! You've got to as well. If you have love in your life, you must keep on living!

Thread Information