Close
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Reporting Avatar Images/Non-Post Items

Hello, Primal Carnage Moderators and Administrators. A fan, here.

I understand that you dislike it when we try to take it upon ourselves to remind other users to adhere to rules of the forum. I can understand this. I've resolved to endeavor to follow this mandate myself more loyally than I once did on which note I apologize for any past vigilante-like behavior, and use the site's tools to report troublesome materials.

Well, up to this point, that has worked rather well. However, I have found an avatar image of questionable decency- or to be more honest, lack thereof- that I would like to report, and with a bit of searching have come to realize that, while I am aware of how to report individual posts, I do not know how to report an inappropriate avatar image short of bothering a Team Member or Moderator with a Private Message regarding the matter and citing the user with the troublesome avatar. Obviously, with how busy you each and all are, as well as how short I'm under the impression many of your proverbial fuses are with me in particular, I don't want to single any one Team Member out for this purpose, and would prefer to submit a report for potential viewership and attendance by anyone with Administrator privileges, at the discretion and convenience of the Team and Individuals therein.

Thus, I ask you: How might I report an avatar, signature, or other non-post item of concerning nature, of a user? I do not intend to report this user her/himself, mind you- for lo, the avatar is the only thing I've noticed by this user of disagreeable nature- but I would like to know, for future reference, how I might report a user, as well, since I am here inquiring as to how to report things other than individual posts.

Thank you for reading this, if you have indeed done so. I look forward to your response(s), if you would indeed honor me with one or some.

There is no way to report someone's avatar, i'd suggest you pm a mod but unless the avatar is super offensive I don't think mods will just change someone's avatar because someone else doesn't like it.
    "No matter what the future may bring, some things will never change! Like the courage and daring of true heroes!" RIP Bionicle.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Itanu-Psyon View Post
    Hello, Primal Carnage Moderators and Administrators. A fan, here.

I understand that you dislike it when we try to take it upon ourselves to remind other users to adhere to rules of the forum. I can understand this. I've resolved to endeavor to follow this mandate myself more loyally than I once did on which note I apologize for any past vigilante-like behavior, and use the site's tools to report troublesome materials.

Well, up to this point, that has worked rather well. However, I have found an avatar image of questionable decency- or to be more honest, lack thereof- that I would like to report, and with a bit of searching have come to realize that, while I am aware of how to report individual posts, I do not know how to report an inappropriate avatar image short of bothering a Team Member or Moderator with a Private Message regarding the matter and citing the user with the troublesome avatar. Obviously, with how busy you each and all are, as well as how short I'm under the impression many of your proverbial fuses are with me in particular, I don't want to single any one Team Member out for this purpose, and would prefer to submit a report for potential viewership and attendance by anyone with Administrator privileges, at the discretion and convenience of the Team and Individuals therein.

Thus, I ask you: How might I report an avatar, signature, or other non-post item of concerning nature, of a user? I do not intend to report this user her/himself, mind you- for lo, the avatar is the only thing I've noticed by this user of disagreeable nature- but I would like to know, for future reference, how I might report a user, as well, since I am here inquiring as to how to report things other than individual posts.

Thank you for reading this, if you have indeed done so. I look forward to your response(s), if you would indeed honor me with one or some.
    Try growing a thicker skin.

Artist/Gamer/Buttface Spice_Weasel021's Avatar
    To be honest your avatar kinda weirds me out, but I dont care. I am curious to see what avatar you mean though. In all the avatars Ive seen on this site Ive only seen one that was a cropped image of a NSFW gift but cropped to be SFW none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice_Weasel021 View Post
    To be honest your avatar kinda weirds me out, but I dont care. I am curious to see what avatar you mean though. In all the avatars Ive seen on this site Ive only seen one that was a cropped image of a NSFW gift but cropped to be SFW none the less.
    I agree with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eva View Post
    Try growing a thicker skin.
    Indeed, perhaps I should. I realize that to you, many of the things that bother me are as nothing. However, there are certain standards of the site that I think should be upheld, certain rules that should be enforced.

I understand that I can't just go about reporting any avatar image that I dislike. That's not my intent, nor would it be even if I thought that doing so could result in said avatars being removed. I don't want to disservice community members by trying to have them suffer for my own squeamish nature. I'd just like to be able to report NSFW avatars, ones that break the site's rules. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice_Weasel021 View Post
    To be honest your avatar kinda weirds me out, but I dont care.
    Oh, my. Thank you! I appreciate your honesty and lack of vindictive intent toward it.

Yeah, NSFW and gore content isn't allowed as far as I know but I haven't seen anyone with a NSFW avatar tbh.
    "No matter what the future may bring, some things will never change! Like the courage and daring of true heroes!" RIP Bionicle.

Philosoraptor
    I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time
    What was the avatar, if I may ask?
    What bothers you in that avatar?

If you feel like anyone's Avatar is offensive, you can always send a PM to any member of the moderator team and we will look into the issue.

Many thanks to Cykotyk for this awesome signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker™ View Post
    What was the avatar, if I may ask?
    What bothers you in that avatar?
    I'd prefer not to give specifics; I don't want to put anyone on the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguis View Post
    If you feel like anyone's Avatar is offensive, you can always send a PM to any member of the moderator team and we will look into the issue.
    Very well. If you are sure you would tolerate my doing so, then that is what I shall do in situations like this in the future.

Philosoraptor
    I would just like to know what is wrong with the avatar?

If it's MLP related, then 1v1 me scrŁb.

Lul joke. But honestly tho, I've yet to see a single avatar to gross me out. True, It has to be really gruesome for me to flinch, but still, no such avatars seen.

I have so little of a life that I went through the entire member list, but I couldn't find any offensive/NSFW avatars. I might have missed it, but I didn't see it.

-Edit- May have found it...

The only offensive avatar I've seen was on Steam itself. Nothing here bothers me, not even Alien's profile pic xD
    The avatar on Steam, however, I reported. I don't wanna go on the market to buy skins and end up seeing some guy's member... >_<

Philosoraptor
    Was it an avatar with a nazi symbol?

Thread Information