Close

View Poll Results: Would you like to see the coloured text option return?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

33 63.46%
  • No!

19 36.54%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Team Skin Designer Jurassic4LIFE's Avatar

Bring Back Text Colour in Posts?

One of the many things that I liked a lot about our old forums during the classic Primal was the ability to add colour to your text.

Although, I for one, used to be really bad for -over- using this function, I feel like it could be utilized well again. Helpful for making walls of text easy on the eyes with some separation. It would certainly liven up the Dinosaur Auditions thread once more.

I'm not certain if our forums -can- do this, but I sure hope so. So here is a question.

If the forum is able to, would you as a community like to see the ability to add coloured text back to the forum?
    "I want to see the day where everyone is using a different skin." - Me, 2013

Banned
    Having a tea party with Rexy and Blue deep in the Jungles of Isla Nublar.
    I say yes!

No. There are multiple forum themes in different colors, meaning the theme needs to be in charge of what color is displayed so it is readable, not the posters. This is very important for legibility.

Colored text doesn't really add anything a discussion board, IMO. It's a nice feature, but we'll live without it.

I say no. Not only does it do nothing for a discussion board as Shenzi already mentioned, it will cause more problems than it is worth. Some people can't read it well, others feel bothered by the rainbow that unfolds when they enter a thread and so on.

Also, I do not want X reported posts a day saying "unreadable colour" or anything of the likes.
    Last edited by Sanguis; 07-12-2015 at 12:03 PM.

Many thanks to Cykotyk for this awesome signature!

As much as I miss my steelblue font I gotta say with the obnoxious personalities on the forums there would be more than a few users who would use the super bright colors :/ and now that the forum comes in different font flavors I don't think this would be good because there aren't that many colors that contract nicely with both light and dark version of forums so that they are readable one both.

Personally colored text tends to hurt my eyes so i'd very much like for this not to be added.

Maybe if they only added dark color fonts.

(FLoFF) Floofie: I fear that person with my life

Philosoraptor
    I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time
    I wish I could use blue, because I miss the times when I typed only on blue.

Colours would be nice but only with limited colours. Nothing too bright. :/
    Take a look at these fancy pages -> Steam / DeviantArt

If they bring colored text again, like others said, it would need to be with limited colors or else we would get texts burning our eyes.
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

no thank you! There were several colors for texts in the old forum that were really hard to read. For example, if you chose a bright yellow with this format it would be a pain in the butt to read. I mean, if colors were limited to things like blues, purples, greens, and darker warm tones it might be acceptable but lighter colors would be too annoying to read.

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    Make the forums harder to read? No thanks..

So.. uh... I guess a bunch of users don't know this is disabled then?
    Keep seeing posts with random stuff like "(text color) --SILVER--" in them...

Quote Originally Posted by dinosauriac View Post
    I think the board automatically merges posts made in quick succession by the same user. I've seen it on other forums with the exact same format minus the broken code.

Anyway, I'm going with no on colored text mostly because certain colors just doesn't work on all themes. For example, bright yellow text would be legible on the dark theme, but not the light theme. I'm sure that some users would make posts without keeping this in mind, or they simply wouldn't care. Besides that, some colors just plain hurt my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosauriac View Post
    Make the forums harder to read? No thanks..

that's a result of the forum app that auto merges double posts not users

Craves that mineral Kaitou Cat♂'s Avatar
    Yeah I wish they'd remove the color code from that auto merge thing if it was possible because that's just annoying. Color code is disabled so it just makes the "edit" look like a mess.

As for the topic, I do dearly miss being able to type in a darkish purple or sometimes a medium blue but I can understand why it was disabled now that there's a light theme and a dark theme.
    If I could vote though I'd say hell yes bring it back but like others have said, only with a limited amount of colors that are on the darker side and perhaps not to high a contrast so they would be eligible on both themes.
    If users still can't read it then they could either highlight the stuff they can't read or just ignore the post?

Thread Information