Close
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if....

What if....

...we got a skilled team of modders who would create mods every so often that essentially act as patches as if the game was still being worked on by developers?

More importantly, if you had the power to modify the stats and balance out the game for everyone, which would you change first?

I, personally, would make Melee weapons a bit stronger. Getting hit with a Machete should be able to put out a bit more damage IMO.

(FLoFF) Floofie: I fear that person with my life

i would remove the carnos broken armor. (so he no longer takes extra damage from everywhere)

increase the dilo hp to 200

id reduce the sniper damage from 200 to 150 (with head-shots being insta-kills to anything smaller than carno. )and increase its fire rate

give the dilos its old spray spit back, except add a system cool down so you can only spit so often before your spit time gets slower and slower(to prevent spit spam)

if give the dilo its damage over time bite back where the more you move the more damage you take and the less you move the less damage you take.

id remove the trapper double shot insta-crit

id reduce the rexs armor down to 25% less damage everywhere on the body except the under-throat.

add in a rex secondary (stomp or tail swing, either would work

remove spino 50% armor from body but leave it on the sail

id make the pounce impossibly to preform 5 seconds after a raptor takes damage.

id decrease ptera peck damage down to 40 but have it peck a tiny bit faster.

id add in the pce ptera flying mechanics. (at least the turning part)

id add the bunny hop block to carno

i would try to add new dinos.

id only let a pathfinder have 1 flare out at a time. and make it less bright for some classes than others

but as stated, the games base code is a mess. modding it would be extremely difficult and time consuming. no one would want to deal with that amount of work with no pay either.
    R.I.P. David Bowie

I'd essentially do what Evan said minus giving the Ptera PCE controls. Damn they are god awful now.

I'd also try porting over some PCE skins. Not all of them because a decent amount are pretty bland recolors. Just skins like the alphas, the feathered variants, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Primitive View Post
    Damn they are god awful now.
    No. Just no.

Anyways, I'd just leave 1.3 to rot.
    To keep (what remains of) your sanity when balancing, keep humans with the same base stats. Also upscale the smaller classes to match the upscaled humans. It will help.

Banned
    Having a tea party with Rexy and Blue deep in the Jungles of Isla Nublar.
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoBear View Post
    No. Just no.

Same here let's move on into the future of PC:E leave behind the mess that is going to be extinct.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoBear View Post
    No. Just no.

pretty much this.

Ptera controls in PCE are so much better than in 1.3. They were bad in the beginning but now they've been fixed up enough that they are actually pretty good. Easier flight that doesn't include 360 degree turns, and it doesn't take you five minutes to reach max speed.

Also at this point PCE is so much better than 1.3 that even if it was moddable there'd be no point in doing so.
    I want a strong independent tranq rifle that don't need no scope #AntiDolt

Quote Originally Posted by Flishster View Post
    pretty much this.

Ptera controls in PCE are so much better than in 1.3. They were bad in the beginning but now they've been fixed up enough that they are actually pretty good. Easier flight that doesn't include 360 degree turns, and it doesn't take you five minutes to reach max speed.

Also at this point PCE is so much better than 1.3 that even if it was moddable there'd be no point in doing so.
    All of this.

the original ptera was a flying raptor, in all honesty. i raged so hard because of a player who harassed me and 4 friends playing as a pteranadon that abused every glitch and exploit.

the instant 180 turns
    the triple (an insta-kill!) and double peck
    the rocket speed rubber-band launching (or hacks. i think hacks but for whatever reason my video evidence was denied) this is where the ptera could launch itself into max speed and just stay there forever.

this person harassed me and my friends for months. but now they cant because pce doesn't have as many cheap easy exploits. sure it has them, but not as many or as bad.

but that person and a few others that abused these things are reasons why im never returning to pc 1.3 ever again.

the list i made would balance the game and fix many probs, but they are impossible to fix because of all the glitches they would cause or make worst.
    in all honesty, it should just be taken off the steam market. so more people can funnel into pce and help its community grow, rather than barely keeping a dead game alive.
    R.I.P. David Bowie

Aside from the 180 turns, all of the flaws you listed with ptera flight were unintentional.

Nevertheless, I guess I'm alone when I say I prefer the flight in 1.3. Feels a lot more responsive and smooth to me while everything in that PCE feels numb.

because they follow more laws of physics than the 1.3 ptera. i know a lot of those things were unintentional, but its still that way. and im sure the 180 turns would have been fixed eventually.

1.3 pteras turn radius was in the center of its body. which is wrong. it doesn't follow this basic principle of flight and looked very stupid and could be very unfair with pteras getting into anti-ptera areas

pce pteras follow this rule. which is why there flight is better and more fair. its not that its harder, its that people just don't want to put time into flight training with it.
    R.I.P. David Bowie

Nothing, it was literally perfect on 1.2 and at the top of what any indie team could develop gameplay wise, all it needed was more content, we were almost there. PC classic restoration project when?

it already did. primal carnage extinction.
    R.I.P. David Bowie

Philosoraptor
    I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time
    "in all honesty, it should just be taken off the steam market. so more people can funnel into pce and help its community grow, rather than barely keeping a dead game alive."

No. Why not let them buy PC1 that runs smoothly and lag-free? Why force them to buy a game that doesn't run as smoothly and lag-less as the original? If they want to buy the game, they should be able to buy it. Otherwise they could just simply crack the game for themselves. Buying PC does not lessen the sales of pc2.

Well we don't know if it lessens the sales because it hasn't been taken down for us to find out. And because an optimization patch is going to hit in a little over a week. So the new game might run smoother.

Philosoraptor
    I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time
    Saying that Primal Carnage takes sales from pc2 is like saying H1Z1 takes sales from Ark. Removing Primal Carnage from steam will not make more people to buy pc2, it will just stop people from buying Primal Carnage.

Well, it has never ran as smoothly as Primal Carnage, and still has a looong way, I doubt it. It might run smoother than previously, but its unlikely that it will run as good as Primal Carnage.

Thread Information