Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What if....

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Chojnowski View Post
    pc has massive balance issues. don't pretend like it doesn't

-dilo is useless and not supportive. just a weaker raptor that can spit occasionally and it may or may not blind.

-humans being able to climb trees in u-base

-gttc pilot guy ear raping you

-all dinos being able to bite through walls besides rex and spino. (spinos claw swipe still would. )

-the veteran console command

-the cerato console command

-carnos broken armor made him take more damage from everywhere. (he would have literally been perfect without that broken armor)

-tyrants are gods

-pteras are flying raptors and sometimes flying tyrants due to triple peck.

-trapper is a sniper with a net gun due to the double shot extra damage which he really did not need.

-pathfinder is just over the scale of being op due to flare spam and greater range.

-pyro is op due to insta-death saw and instant 150 fire impact damage along with great range

pce may have its obvious issues. but at least they will change. pc 1.3 will forever be cursed with this mess
    I have been playing some PC lately, and I have to disagree with some of these.

-Dilo is supportive, and it is meant to be a slight challenge to use as with all supportive classes in every game.

-I rarely, if ever get killed by dinosaurs through walls. Much less kill as one.

-No one really uses veteran or cerato, and if they do, it is considered hacking and is to be reported.

-Carnotaurus is still a mini tank, with or without this mythical broken armor. He can still ram a crowd of humans on Ubase and get multiple kills without taking fatal damage whatsoever.

-Tyrants are not gods, they are simply much harder to take out. Tyrants are meant to be a class that can take on LARGE groups of humans, and only if they actual use teamwork to bring it down with it work. Aside from being a "God", you are essentially a giant magnet as bullets will always go toward you as soon as you are seen.

-Pteras are more or less likely to be shot or netted before they grab someone unless they are moving at a fast speed.

-Trapper is not a sniper, the netgun barely works at mid range. His Deagle and Colt become inaccurate at what would be considered sniping range.

-You can't "spam" flares as Pathfinder as you do in Extinction. As a Pathfinder in PC, you have a small recharge bar under the flare HUD symbol. It drains as soon as you use one, and you cannot do so again until it recharges. That's not the case with PCE, as you have no limit to how much you can throw at a time. Meanwhile, his Shotgun doesn't even insta-kill a Raptor at full health like in PCE.

-You will most likely get gang-banged by raptors or eaten by a flying rex then get a chainsaw kill as Pyro.

(FLoFF) Floofie: I fear that person with my life

-Dilo can't support if it can't get more than 4 bites in to slow a human. And with its 180 hp... it's far harder than any support class should be

-Well its a problem that still exists

-that doesn't mean they don't exist and can't still be taken advantage of.

-carno is by no means a mini tank. It's so easy to kill a carno as every human class

-tyrants are still fare more powerful then they should be. It's not hard to go 100- 0 as a tyrant. Which is a prob

-it's not hard to reach top speed. And it's peck does 50 damage, and it so happens that their is a glitch that can cause triple peck instadeath

-there's still plenty accurate to be able to snipe Ptera out of the sky when it's flying around the top of the map.

-the cool down only exists in get to the chopper toa... and yes, he can one shot EVERYTHING smaller than carno.

-your more likely to saw half of the raptors attacking or al of them before you die

I see a lot of people who seem to have a hatred of PCE complain how it is "so unbalanced" and even an update ago I would agree with you, but right now PCE is more balanced than the original ever was. Primal Carnage had, for as long as I can remember, stupidly overpowered carnos until 1.2 where they were broken, and the shotgun's state has been the way it is in PC1 well before 1.3, it's just that after so long with no changes it became blatantly apparent, and even ignoring those two classes, nearly every update came with some unnecessary balance change that broke the game, and I can't tell you how long it took to fix all the serious bugs, which are already fixed in PCE. I think the fact they had to redo the entire game's coding is a good indicator the game was broken.

That said, I can completely understand people who prefer 1.3's gunplay and I agree with them with the exception of the scientist, and I do agree I hope we get better gunplay in PCE, but saying PCE is "too buggy and unbalanced" is just plain wrong.
    I want a strong independent tranq rifle that don't need no scope #AntiDolt

Quote Originally Posted by Flishster View Post
    I see a lot of people who seem to have a hatred of PCE complain how it is "so unbalanced" and even an update ago I would agree with you, but right now PCE is more balanced than the original ever was. Primal Carnage had, for as long as I can remember, stupidly overpowered carnos until 1.2 where they were broken, and the shotgun's state has been the way it is in PC1 well before 1.3, it's just that after so long with no changes it became blatantly apparent, and even ignoring those two classes, nearly every update came with some unnecessary balance change that broke the game, and I can't tell you how long it took to fix all the serious bugs, which are already fixed in PCE. I think the fact they had to redo the entire game's coding is a good indicator the game was broken.

That said, I can completely understand people who prefer 1.3's gunplay and I agree with them with the exception of the scientist, and I do agree I hope we get better gunplay in PCE, but saying PCE is "too buggy and unbalanced" is just plain wrong.
    I agree. If they just made everything feel more intense in modes like GTC and TDM and made the gunplay better, PCE would be comparable to 1.2 or earlier.

(FLoFF) Floofie: I fear that person with my life

Thread Information