Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What if....

What is PC2? There is no such thing as a PC2. PC:E is officially not a sequel or anything like that.

Philosoraptor
    I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time
    Pc2=Primal Carnage: Extinction. The second primal carnage game, hence the number "2".

no, its a remake. a reboot. a redux if you will. something primal was suppose to be but wasn't. therefore it takes its place. and yes, there are people that mistake the two games and but the old one.
    R.I.P. David Bowie

Philosoraptor
    If they buy the wrong game, they can simply get a refund. Problem solved.

But removing a good game because some people may buy the wrong game? Aw hell naw.

what if they realize they baught they wrong game after 2 hours of gameplay? their goes their refund.
    saying its a good game is your opinion. when the reality is its imbalanced, broken, and repetitive. maybe it could come in a bundle with both games? have the bundle cost $30 dollers if you want the old broken dying primal carnage along with the new one thats constantly getting fixed.
    R.I.P. David Bowie

Removing Primal Carnage from Steam just because a SPECULATIVE few people can't be assed to differentiate two games is a stupid idea. People like me have spent $30 plus on the game and it's DLC and just to have a fun game removed because it's crappier counterpart doesn't want confusion is ridiculous.

Besides, you seem to think Primal Carnage : Extinction is perfect almost as if it were in an all-godly state.

It's not.

Certainly, things are unbalanced, broken, and are no more "repetitive" than the original game. Even if things are getting fixed, it's taking a sweet ass amount of time to do so and with each content update, there's always newer stuff. Not to mention the features people find unbalanced and broken will be ignored even if the testing initiative reports them before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerô View Post
    Well, it has never ran as smoothly as Primal Carnage, and still has a looong way, I doubt it. It might run smoother than previously, but its unlikely that it will run as good as Primal Carnage.
    Maybe for you, but for me PC1 was a lagfest wrapped in a low-framerate bun. At all low settings.

Also, no to removing PC1. Some people are only part of this community because that version still exists.

Both games have their ups and downs.

PCE has obvious balance issues

PC has obvious---

Oh wait, nevermind.

(FLoFF) Floofie: I fear that person with my life

pc has massive balance issues. don't pretend like it doesn't

-dilo is useless and not supportive. just a weaker raptor that can spit occasionally and it may or may not blind.

-humans being able to climb trees in u-base

-gttc pilot guy ear raping you

-all dinos being able to bite through walls besides rex and spino. (spinos claw swipe still would. )

-the veteran console command

-the cerato console command

-carnos broken armor made him take more damage from everywhere. (he would have literally been perfect without that broken armor)

-tyrants are gods

-pteras are flying raptors and sometimes flying tyrants due to triple peck.

-trapper is a sniper with a net gun due to the double shot extra damage which he really did not need.

-pathfinder is just over the scale of being op due to flare spam and greater range.

-pyro is op due to insta-death saw and instant 150 fire impact damage along with great range

pce may have its obvious issues. but at least they will change. pc 1.3 will forever be cursed with this mess
    R.I.P. David Bowie

I literally had zero problem killing pathies and pyros when I was playing earlier. Unless you're deliberately running straight into their sights, they're not off-the-charts OP. Though, I will admit that the flares are annoying but I only really notice them ironically on the human side since it partially hides the dinosaurs.

I especially would not consider Tyrants "Gods" unless your playing on the crappy dinosaur-favoring maps PCE shares. Yea, Apoc is adding Rex blockers but I've not noticed much that make a difference on maps like Forest Chasm.

I don't know much about the console commands but I do know the remaining servers on Primal Carnage really do prevent people from using it. At least, I know the KJ Dinobuster server does and I think ConstaGTC.

The U-base tree climbing is map exclusive and while it can be annoying, not many people do it. Whenever me or my friends would do it, it'd be real easy to kill them off seeing as they can't move very well.

Pilot's ear rape is a sound glitch, not an overpowered dinosaur attack that needs balancing.

Carno and Dilo are definitely meh though. While, I don't have much an issue with Dilo, a lot of people have a hard time playing as him and Carno is pretty easy to kill. Your point about the Trapper being a sniper is also valid, heck, add commando with it because I've made easy shots with both classes on Pteras super far away.

since the game is obviously not a main focus in the community and there's hardly anyone to complain about hacking/trolling; what was the veteran/cerato code? (whats the actual code)

Quote Originally Posted by _MaxPlays View Post
    since the game is obviously not a main focus in the community and there's hardly anyone to complain about hacking/trolling; what was the veteran/cerato code? (whats the actual code)
    ^^^

Not saying 1.3 dilo was good whatsoever, but it was extremely enoyable for me, just to mess around with it :P

Also, Pyro was fine. Especially with the almost paralytic effect while shooting.

The thing about PCE is that is simply not fun to play as humans for most people, the weapons are not satisfying enough as they were in PC, aiming is too laggy and unresponsive and some of the main weapons being unnefective like the AR doesnt help much, the gunplay just feels pretty bland and this makes the game seem like dinos still had advantage over humans even when the game is kind of balanced now.

Devs have made progress in trying to make PCE actually balanced and adding more content, but at this point, i am more worried about the human gameplay actually getting interesting at some stage of development instead of the balance issues, making humans fun to play was the first thing that PC classic got right, since the beta, and helped a lot in having several players that enjoyed and were just as skilled playing humans and dinos equally, which is a rare thing nowadays.

Philosoraptor
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan Chojnowski View Post
    what if they realize they baught they wrong game after 2 hours of gameplay? their goes their refund.
    saying its a good game is your opinion. when the reality is its imbalanced, broken, and repetitive. maybe it could come in a bundle with both games? have the bundle cost $30 dollers if you want the old broken dying primal carnage along with the new one thats constantly getting fixed.
    If they play more than 2 hours and don't realize it Primal Carnage, they deserve no refunds.

If they want to buy and play a good, lag-free game, they should be able to buy Primal Carnage. If they want to buy and play a game full of problems and lag, they can buy pc2.

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Juhn Jorgo View Post
    Maybe for you, but for me PC1 was a lagfest wrapped in a low-framerate bun. At all low settings.

Also, no to removing PC1. Some people are only part of this community because that version still exists.
    I dunno about that, maybe you should get a better computer if it cannot run Primal Carnage properly.

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Chojnowski View Post
    pc has massive balance issues. don't pretend like it doesn't

-dilo is useless and not supportive. just a weaker raptor that can spit occasionally and it may or may not blind.
    Useless? I don't think so.
    -humans being able to climb trees in u-base
    Ummm, so can the dinos?
    -gttc pilot guy ear raping you

-all dinos being able to bite through walls besides rex and spino. (spinos claw swipe still would. )

-the veteran console command
    Works only if spino mod is enabled
    -the cerato console command
    ^
    -carnos broken armor made him take more damage from everywhere. (he would have literally been perfect without that broken armor)

-tyrants are gods
    And you want them to be gods in pc2
    -pteras are flying raptors and sometimes flying tyrants due to triple peck.

-trapper is a sniper with a net gun due to the double shot extra damage which he really did not need.

-pathfinder is just over the scale of being op due to flare spam and greater range.

-pyro is op due to insta-death saw and instant 150 fire impact damage along with great range
    Have you ever played it? It does not have insta death saw last time I played
    pce may have its obvious issues. but at least they will change. pc 1.3 will forever be cursed with this mess
    I just wonder if they will ever, ever fix the problems in pc2 so it can be on the same level as Primal Carnage

Quote Originally Posted by Armonite View Post
    The thing about PCE is that is simply not fun to play as humans for most people, the weapons are not satisfying enough as they were in PC, aiming is too laggy and unresponsive and some of the main weapons being unnefective like the AR doesnt help much, the gunplay just feels pretty bland and this makes the game seem like dinos still had advantage over humans even when the game is kind of balanced now.
    Honestly I find the AR to be more useful in PCE, even against the stronger raptors. Probably could use a minor buff I guess.

I'd be fine with a 1.3 mod if it
    • Fixed the bat♥♥♥♥ ptera movement (the 180 turns in particular)
    • Fixed Docks crashes
    • Fixed general start up crashes
    • Speed up load times
    • Made the dilo better
    • Slowed the ptera grab a bit
    • Added 3 more balanced maps (i.e. something like Transfer, Verdant, and Contingency)
    • Decreased the step height of all classes
    • Gave the carno the slightest of buffs
    • Gave us mo' skins
    • Gave us subclasses
    • Optimized Marsh and GTTC Falls
    • Blah blah pounce blah blah

Just off of the top of my head, I'm sure there's more

Which PCE can match by
    • Blah blah pounce blah blah
    • Making all weapons just a tad more accurate (?)
    • Fixing fliers being unable to do anything once they slam into something
    • Speeding up the tyrants a tad
    • Fixing the damn GTTC maps*
    • Adding back dual fire for Trapper*
    • Fixing the sound glitch*

Things with a * are the things that are more or less confirmed to be happening, and so I was tempted not to put them up there.
    Last edited by DinoBear; 07-30-2015 at 04:10 AM.

Thread Information