Close
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1
    Super Moderator JediSpectre117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,142

    Prehistoric Kingdom

    We'll need a replacement thread for this now.

    Main website here: http://www.prehistorickingdom.com/Home.html

    Info for new comers who never saw this on the old forum.
    Game is like Jurassic Park Operation Genesis, Zoo Tycoon and Wildlife Park.
    They're working on a tech Demo and Dinos won't be the only Prehistoric creatures.

    Confirmed Dino's and others with models include:
    Tyrannosaurus
    Triceratops
    Galliminus
    Pachycephalosaurus
    Quetzacoatlus

  2. #2
    Hello all, one of the game's developers here. I'd like to add some species to the short list you've made, to complete it.

    These are all the animal species confirmed (so far!):

    Acrocanthosaurus
    Allosaurus
    Ankylosaurus
    Argentinosaurus
    Brachiosaurus
    Camarasaurus
    Carcharodontosaurus
    Carnotaurus
    Ceratosaurus
    Corythosaurus
    Cryolophosaurus
    Dilophosaurus
    Dimetrodon
    Deinonychus
    Deinosuchus
    Diplodocus
    Einiosaurus
    Elasmosaurus
    Gallimimus
    Giganotosarus
    Gorgosaurus
    Herrerasaurus
    Kaprosuchus
    Kronosaurus
    Lambeosaurus
    Liopleurodon
    Lythronax
    Megalodon
    Megalosaurus
    Monolophosaurus
    Mosasaurus
    Olorotitan
    Pachycephalosaurus
    Parasaurolophus
    Protoceratops
    Pteranodon
    Quetzalcoatlus
    Shantungosaurus
    Smilodon
    Spinosaurus
    Stegosaurus
    Torosaurus
    Tyrannosaurus
    Triceratops
    Velociraptor
    Woolly Mammoth

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoSteve93 View Post
    Hello all, one of the game's developers here. I'd like to add some species to the short list you've made, to complete it.

    These are all the animal species confirmed (so far!):

    Ceratosaurus
    Ceratosaurus <3 That is all.

  5. #5
    Philosoraptor USSTalladega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Dilo-land
    Posts
    2,351
    So, how theme park like will this be down the line? Say you have one island(where guests arrive) thats a full on theme park(minus coasters and such I'm sure you guys don't want to go THAT far). Everything is prehistoric themed of course like a merry-go-round with dinos instead of horses. Then you have a second smaller island where you have like a petting zoo(Gallimimus, Dryosaurus, microraptor, oviraptor and so on), aviaries(one for of course extinct birds and another for pterasaurs) and such to get the guests acclimated to the awesome that awaits them at island #3. The third island is where all the bigger herbivores roam free and the guests take surfari tours around. And finally a carnivore island for the true thrill seekers. Also, the islands would either be connected by a bridge(use a monorail or buses or trams) or the guests would have to use ferries or helicopters to get to each island. Think Cities in Motion for that part.

    Anything like that in future plans?

    Really interested in this for sure. JPOG is good but could have gone much, much farther. Not totally Roller Coaster Tycoon but a good bit of it.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by usstalladega View Post
    So, how theme park like will this be down the line? Say you have one island(where guests arrive) thats a full on theme park(minus coasters and such I'm sure you guys don't want to go THAT far). Everything is prehistoric themed of course like a merry-go-round with dinos instead of horses. Then you have a second smaller island where you have like a petting zoo(Gallimimus, Dryosaurus, microraptor, oviraptor and so on), aviaries(one for of course extinct birds and another for pterasaurs) and such to get the guests acclimated to the awesome that awaits them at island #3. The third island is where all the bigger herbivores roam free and the guests take surfari tours around. And finally a carnivore island for the true thrill seekers. Also, the islands would either be connected by a bridge(use a monorail or buses or trams) or the guests would have to use ferries or helicopters to get to each island. Think Cities in Motion for that part.

    Anything like that in future plans?

    Really interested in this for sure. JPOG is good but could have gone much, much farther. Not totally Roller Coaster Tycoon but a good bit of it.
    I doubt you will be able to get more than 2 islands at most per match (if 2 is even possible), but honestly, 1 should be enough, as the islands will be considerably larger than JPOG, scaled to a more realistic size. Also, there will be various kinds of attractions and rides, including aviaries, playgrounds, and even coasters!

  7. #7
    Philosoraptor USSTalladega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Dilo-land
    Posts
    2,351
    So, you guys actually are doing coasters? Thats cool!

  8. #8
    Gold Member nanotyrano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Utility Base
    Posts
    43

  9. #9
    The Primal Cabbage lolwow101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Kent of Britland
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by nanotyrano View Post
    Definitely looking forward to this guy

    This also makes me curious on how the water environment around the dinosaurs (since we have been shown Megalodon). Seeing the croc swimming in a pond or lake maybe would be pretty neat.

  10. #10
    Gold Member Flishster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Cryolophosaurus's digestive tract
    Posts
    1,597
    As much as I am disgusted by the fact they are calling an alligator a crocodile, it is pretty nice and I'll probably use it a bit. :P

  11. #11
    Man, Alligators never get enough credit....always Crocs...and when they have their shot at fame, they're mislabeled...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Flishster View Post
    As much as I am disgusted by the fact they are calling an alligator a crocodile, it is pretty nice and I'll probably use it a bit. :P
    Deinosuchus belongs to the Alligatoridae family indeed, but this family belongs on its own to the more general Crocodilia order. So it's appropriate calling Deinosuchus a "Croc", as both alligators and true crocodiles belong to the Crocodilia order.

  13. #13
    Gold Member Flishster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Cryolophosaurus's digestive tract
    Posts
    1,597
    They specifically call it a crocodile in the post.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Flishster View Post
    They specifically call it a crocodile in the post.
    Yes, I called it like that in the post because of the reasons above

  15. #15
    Still a kickass model.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •