Close
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What is your least favorite dinosaur?

I know that DinoBear made a "What's your favorite dinosaur?" thread but I didn't see a least favorite.
    I don't really dislike any dinosaur honestly, but I am pretty sure many people have their own!
    Don't go ranting about Spinosaurus because JP made it like a villian because that is silly and is what the thread was not made for XD
    List away and give reasons as to why!

Hmmmm, my least favourite dinosaur probably has to Tyrannosaurus Rex. Not because of JP3 or because Spino is my favourite but it gets so much more love compared to a lot of other dino's out there, I can understand why but there's only so much of good ol' T-Rex that I can take before I get sick of it.

I don't really have a least favourite dinosaur but like Luftwaffle, i'm almost tempted to say Tyrannosaurs but only because so many people still praise it into the heavens and it's abundance in media. And in my opinion it actually looks quite generic compared to other dinosaurs.

But this is nothing personal, like I said, I don't have a least favourite dinosaur.
    "No matter what the future may bring, some things will never change! Like the courage and daring of true heroes!" RIP Bionicle.

T. rex is not even close to being generic, but I digress.

Saltasaurus and ankylosaurs because they are a pain in the ass to draw.

The land of dead flamingos, curse you Gulf Stream!
    Definitely Tyrannosaurus rex, while I agree that its not "generic" as in "a generic dinosaur" it is most certainly "generic" as in cliché. Tyrannosaurus very existence is practically a trope by this point, and there really isn't any other dinosaur nearly so overused. I can only compare Tyrannosaurus to a White Shark in terms of its nonsensical popularity. It's only popular because its popular, and that is something that really bugs me. If the people who love Tyrannosaurus love the REAL Tyrannosaurus rex, than that is a point I can respect, but what most people love is the trope, and not the actual dinosaur. The blatant overuse of this "trope Tyrannosaurus" in all forms of media for me stands as a testament for how little people are actually willing to learn about paleontology and how badly the media turns paleontology into a joke.

Resident Weeb**** and all around general airhead, yah I'm that chick.

Also gonna put 'ol Rexie and Giganotosaurus here ONLY for the heaps of misconceptions about them. "T-Rex" for obvious reasons, and Giga from constantly replacing Mapusaurus when people really should know better and the "whole bigger than rex bestest theropod" thing.
    I like the animals themselves (although Giga is kinda boring compared to Carchar despite being more popular), but man they get exaggerated a lot.

Waiting in my couch until the entire world can accept dinosaurs for how they really were.
    After reading what has been said so far, I get from it that people dislike certain dinosaurs for their image to the public, not for what they actually are.
    Personally, I just want to learn about these epic creatures at any opportunity. There isn't a single one out there that I don't like.

Predator X BritishQuetzalcoatlus♀'s Avatar
    Manchester in England, Sipping tea as the heavens fall
    T-Rex definately, what Stargatedarlek, Luftwaffle and Bartbrink1996 said.

Wow I was not expecting other people to not like T-Rex, I tend to be the only one with this opinion a lot of the time, good to know others don't like it as well.

Predator X BritishQuetzalcoatlus♀'s Avatar
    Manchester in England, Sipping tea as the heavens fall
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffle View Post
    Wow I was not expecting other people to not like T-Rex, I tend to be the only one with this opinion a lot of the time, good to know others don't like it as well.
    Same I though I was the one of the only ones.

I'd probably say T-rex, I respect the underdogs, but T-rex takes to much of the fame. Lil greedy runt :P
    Pretty much the same opinion that many have stated by far. T-rex is cool, but is the #1 most known dino, and takes all the fame as I said before.

Kinda like how everyone is using the incorrect T-Rex (and variations) to refer to the dino instead of the proper way. Creates a nice contrast between the real animal and the fanboy version.

Ankylosaurus
    Oh not the real one they are slow and awesome, specifically the one from the stomping land.
    Those things would chase you to the underworld.

I kinda dislike stego and edmontosaurus. Dunno, why about stego, but edmonto is just... really bland.

Sig by Spinymad, Official Goat

I just thought of another least favourite that doesn't involve the image of the dinosaur. Dromaeosaurs and their various relatives like Velociraptor and Utahraptor. I don't know why but I have never been that interested in this specific family of dino's, the only thing interesting I find about them is their strong relation to birds and that's about it, none of them make my favourite list or come under my notice most of the time.

Thread Information