Close
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Undertale

  1. #1
    Artist Carolzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    2,595

    Undertale



    http://store.steampowered.com/app/391540/

    Anyone else is playing/played this game?

    I first found out about it by the Game Grumps (Steam Train actually) playthrough of it (also started to see more fanarts of the game) but after watching a few episodes I decided I had to get this game and experience it for myself.

    And I really don't know how to explain but it was quite the journey and it was extremily fun and full of feels.
    I got 12 hours into the game and finished it today, I could get more if I tried to get the other endings but I don't have the heart to kill anything there ;u;

     
    And seriously, one of the last boss fights, that was with Flowey, was the most CREEPIEST and MIND F#CK thing I ever experienced so far. This game got me good man.


    Before I finish, Goat Mom is best Mom.

    Writing this thread fills you with DETERMINATION!
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

  2. #2
    Hail Denmark! Bartbrink1996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Almere, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,669
    Heard of this game but I think it looks weird. People say it's a beautiful gamr but I don't feel really compelled to play. Glad to hear it's being recieved well though.
    "No matter what the future may bring, some things will never change! Like the courage and daring of true heroes!" RIP Bionicle.

  3. #3
    Artist Carolzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    2,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartbrink1996 View Post
    Heard of this game but I think it looks weird. People say it's a beautiful gamr but I don't feel really compelled to play. Glad to hear it's being recieved well though.
    Look wise, the pixel graphics at first seems weird especially your human character.
    But there some parts that I think are really pretty and well done with pixels, and also a certain part throws you off for changing that.

    However, what got me the most is the overall story and HOW MUCH your decisions affects the game, because if you mess up something in a playthrough and start over again with a new save files the characters in-game will remember what you did.

    At first I wasn't gonna play the game and only watch Steam Train play it, but after a while I got so into it that I had to experience it to myself (even though I got a few spoilers at the beginning, but it was worth it for me!)
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

  4. #4
    I was driven into playing it after hearing all the praise it's been getting everywhere and from my friends, and the aforementioned fanart of course. Gotta say that was one of the best decisions I've made in choosing a game to play. The story and characters are all just so charming. I genuinely couldn't find one I disliked. Not to mention the music, the battle system, the story, the humor (oh god this game had me in stitches!), simply put, everything! A game hasn't made me this emotionally attached to it in a long time. Easily one of my favorites of all time. Would definitely recommend it to those on the fence about it.
     
    P.S. Papyrus is too pure for this world.

  5. #5
    Artist Carolzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    2,595
    Oh god yeah, I loved all of the characters <3
    They are so different from each other but everyone is fun and interesting on their own way.

    Toby Fox did an amazing job creating this game, it totally deserves it's praise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonith View Post
     
    P.S. Papyrus is too pure for this world.
     
    Yes, yes he is XD and that's why everyone loves him NYE HEH HEH!


    Now more serious spoiler about the game
     
    I still can't believe how charming and fun this game can be but that can quickly become dark and creepy.
    I will in no shape or form do a Genocide run of the game but watched some videos on it, and read the wiki page to know about this ending.
    And it's downright a creepypasta, I'm not putting myself through that!
    Theworse is having to face all the characters and just kill them and see their reactions, that would just break my heart ;-;
    But the only "good" thing is seeing how much of a badass Sans can be
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolzilla View Post
    Oh god yeah, I loved all of the characters <3
    They are so different from each other but everyone is fun and interesting on their own way.

    Toby Fox did an amazing job creating this game, it totally deserves it's praise.


     
    Yes, yes he is XD and that's why everyone loves him NYE HEH HEH!


    Now more serious spoiler about the game
     
    I still can't believe how charming and fun this game can be but that can quickly become dark and creepy.
    I will in no shape or form do a Genocide run of the game but watched some videos on it, and read the wiki page to know about this ending.
    And it's downright a creepypasta, I'm not putting myself through that!
    Theworse is having to face all the characters and just kill them and see their reactions, that would just break my heart ;-;
    But the only "good" thing is seeing how much of a badass Sans can be
     
    Megalovania's my jam, haha.

    But yeah, ditto on that. I don't have the DETERMINA-heart to do a Genocide run. I just love the characters too much to kill them. Not to mention that the game will always remember you did a Genocide run by permanently altering any future Pacifist endings you get. Only way to clear it is a complete wipe, and that's a hassle to do. Heck, I even feel guilty watching the Neutral endings online alongside the Genocide ones. They're all just so depressing...

    Pacifist all the way yo.

  7. #7
    Artist Carolzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    2,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonith View Post
     
    Megalovania's my jam, haha.

    But yeah, ditto on that. I don't have the DETERMINA-heart to do a Genocide run. I just love the characters too much to kill them. Not to mention that the game will always remember you did a Genocide run by permanently altering any future Pacifist endings you get. Only way to clear it is a complete wipe, and that's a hassle to do. Heck, I even feel guilty watching the Neutral endings online alongside the Genocide ones. They're all just so depressing...

    Pacifist all the way yo.
     
    GEEEEETTT DUNKED, the truth is that you got owned, nerd.

    and Pacifist is the only way!!11
    But though I won't do a neutral and genocide run of the game, it's interesting to see how deep the story gets and how much the genocide run affects your pacifist ending.
    And Chara (the first fallen child that you can name) is the most evil character of all time, that child is scary but I really wonder how it was when before it got into the underworld?? Since supposedly it went to the mountain because it hated humanity.
    Also seeing all the secrets in the game just make it all more interesting, and how it constatly breaks the 4th wall.


    But just to not be putting only spoiler tags, I did something that is sorta related (kinda? I dunno) to Undertale.
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

  8. #8
     
    The secrets are just another thing that I love about the game, haha. Stuff like the Legendary Artifact, the hotdog stack, and the TEM Village were just fun to find out about. hOIVS!


    And nice! Been thinking of messing around with the battle template myself sometime. xD

  9. #9
    Artist Carolzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    2,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonith View Post
     
    The secrets are just another thing that I love about the game, haha. Stuff like the Legendary Artifact, the hotdog stack, and the TEM Village were just fun to find out about. hOIVS!
     
    Those are fun secrets indeed, love TEM Village vErY faMOuS!!11!1! but one secret that is basically hidden in the game is Gaster, only found out about him by fanart and started to look around videos about him and the wiki page. Crazy stuff.

    Also another thing I've been thinking, is why Toby wanted us to name the first fallen child? (Since we actually don't name the kid we are playing since their name is Frisk) Which not only it's the first person to fall into the underground, but is the one who planned all along to destroy everything because it hated humanity.
    It was super weird seeing the name I chose (Carol) to describe the character.

    And nice! Been thinking of messing around with the battle template myself sometime. xD
    Thanks! I used a PNG screenshot to get the battle interface and used the binary tool in SAI do mimic the pixel artstyle xD
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolzilla View Post
     
    Those are fun secrets indeed, love TEM Village vErY faMOuS!!11!1! but one secret that is basically hidden in the game is Gaster, only found out about him by fanart and started to look around videos about him and the wiki page. Crazy stuff.

    Also another thing I've been thinking, is why Toby wanted us to name the first fallen child? (Since we actually don't name the kid we are playing since their name is Frisk) Which not only it's the first person to fall into the underground, but is the one who planned all along to destroy everything because it hated humanity.
    It was super weird seeing the name I chose (Carol) to describe the character.


    Thanks! I used a PNG screenshot to get the battle interface and used the binary tool in SAI do mimic the pixel artstyle xD
     
    I'm guessing it's to make the player feel even more guilt because it was "you" who decided to kill everyone. You, the one in control of the player. That's the impression I got when I realized I was playing Frisk this whole time for my Pacifist run.

  11. #11
    Artist Carolzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    2,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonith View Post
     
    I'm guessing it's to make the player feel even more guilt because it was "you" who decided to kill everyone. You, the one in control of the player. That's the impression I got when I realized I was playing Frisk this whole time for my Pacifist run.
     
    I guess so, since in a tweet when people asked what to name the character, Toby said that you are suppose to put YOUR name in it.
    But it would be so much more freaky if I had done the Genocide run (which I'd never do lel) with my name as the evil character lmao.

    And I'm way too addicted into finding out more about this story's lore, I can't stop checking the Wiki :IIIII
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Artist Carolzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    2,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonith View Post
    Omg that's the best thing ever I loved it <3333 I wish I could do some fanart for the game but too bad I'm busy with personal projects xDD

    and in other news I've manage to make two of my friends insterested in Undertale! SUCCESS!
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

  14. #14
    Admin/ Skin Artist Senoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    muda muda muda muda
    Posts
    867
    There's a reason the reviews for it are "Overwhelmingly Positive".

    I don't own it, but I watch my friend play it. It's awesome.
    Check out my tumblr~ http://sharktist.tumblr.com/

  15. #15
    Philosoraptor robo-ve-tranic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    WHATS BONE'ING ON
    Posts
    2,712
    Quote Originally Posted by a very hungry senboa with inaccurate scaly skin and no feathers View Post
    There's a reason the reviews for it are "Overwhelmingly Positive".

    I don't own it, but I watch my friend play it. It's awesome.
    well i cant really see myself playing this game i can see why others enjoy it

    invalid signiture space please refrain from saying goose otherwise the world might explode

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •