Close
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Undertale

Still need to play it rly. ;o;

Quote Originally Posted by Primal News (Hemlock) View Post
    I... find it hard to say this but..

After watching the ending and everything, I can understand the fandom. This game is like, the best thing ever! :O
    It depends, some people don't really get into the gameplay or just don't get into the story at all.
    (Also some just don't even try the game because they get annoyed by the fans/fandom, so 'ew its too popular I don't like it')

But for others (and the majority like me) it really is amazing how much there is into this simple game, especially for characters/story/lore.

Unfortunately with most popular fandoms it will attract many different kinds of people, that can leave a very negative image.

Quote Originally Posted by DoveofLight View Post
    Still need to play it rly. ;o;
    You got the game or plan on getting it?
    I would try play it without getting spoiled but by this point its super difficult to do that xD
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

Well, I have watched JackScepticEye's, Cryaotic's and GameGrump's playthroughs...so I am pretty much spoiled xD

Steam Profile: Sagasol ----- My Art Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Carolzilla View Post

Unfortunately with most popular fandoms it will attract many different kinds of people, that can leave a very negative image.
    Got to feel sorry for the one's who's first image of Undertale was NSFW.

I would try play it without getting spoiled but by this point its super difficult to do that xD
    Wait you haven't actually played it? 0_0'

Quote Originally Posted by JediSpectre117 View Post
    Wait you haven't actually played it? 0_0'
    No I already played it xD I was talking about DoveofLight I meant it as if I were them.
    Maybe my english messed up idk.

No I already played it xD I was talking about DoveofLight I meant it as if I were them.
    Maybe my english messed up idk.
    Oh right xD sorry it was just the way I took it.

Edit 01/072016: oops, double post

So I was going to post a review of Undertale, what do you guys think.

So after owning Undertale for over six months I think it’s time I explained why this game is a must for gamers. Or on the other hand why you shouldn’t get it.
    First of all a bit of backstory, when I first discovered Undertale it was though the steam queue, in what I believe was September 2015. The second I saw it, I hit “Not interested” To put simply this review will be why I regret making that decision. Over the next 3 months I would hear how Undertale is an amazing game that is worthwhile, it was special, it was different. This caused me to be cynical about it, but never the less I was interested in the idea of not having to kill anyone. After getting a few recommendations from friends as well as youtubers I watched, I got the game on the 26 of December during the steam winter sale. Undertale would then join the list of games I wish I’d bought at full price.
    You may notice a lot of reviews don’t exactly give a lot of details about the game, chances are you’re like me (or what I was) just how much of this, “you need to know as little as possible to truly enjoy the game” is legit. I have to say this is accurate. You will on most accounts enjoy the game more. I will later try to reveal a few things that aren’t spoilers but will give you a mind-set of what to expect.
    The problem with Unertale is, you need to go in like I did, with low expectation. Expecting this is just another over hyped game. Why , well in my experience since I’ve owned the game, those who go in expecting an amazing game will more likely come out if it, either a person saying the game is over hyped, or meh, they don’t see what so special. If you have high expectations, do the world a favour, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. If you have low expectations, then I’d say take the risk, if you’re anything like me, you will enjoy the game.
    The characters are funny and lovable, you will likely become invested in them despite how little time is spent with them. Even those “enemies” you get a sense of personality, and who they are. To do a comparison with other games, when you came across bandit archer number 3750961 and as you fought them did you get any sense of personality, of who they are and what they want to be. No of course not, but Undertale you get exactly that.
    There is a lot of thought put into this game, simple things even have a meaning. Things you would never expect, but when you do think on them you get a real sense of how much effort was put in. The website TVtropes can give you an idea, but obviously I’d say do that after finishing the game. (or done all the playthroughs)
    If you are a person that gets emotional then I’d say it’s a must, this game gets emotional. The reason Undertale has reached such high marks for me is not only cause it’s one of the few games I wish I’d got at full price, it’s one of only 5 fives, that in my current 22 year life span has ever caused me to cry. Towards the end of your first playthrough, character you have fought over the course of the game will reveal to you a backstory story that has been slowly made aware to you over the course of the game. It will hit you hard, if it does, then Undertale was defiantly for you. To give you an idea, I am getting emotional remembering the whole thing, it was just that powerful (and that ain’t the end of it)
    And here we come to one of Undertales downsides, everything I’ve said so far is a reason you want to replay it. Problem with that is, it is the first of July 2016, I haven’t touched Undertale since the 20th of February. Why am I recommending a game that I haven’t played in 4 months. Thing is if the game is for you, you will want to play it again. The problem is going through all the deep emotional stuff again. With the away Undertale works I am technically on my 4th playthrough, despite it really only being my second (due to how I’ve played the game).
    Due to how Undertale works, depending on your playstyle and playthrough, you will get a chance to replay through the ending (hence two playthroughs) which allows you to change a few things, including what is actually the dark truth behind the emotional story I mention above. This leads to what many call the true ending. Problem is after that ending apart of you doesn’t want to replay the game. Oh you definitely want to replay it again, maybe to see what you can do different, maybe just to relive the story. But a part of you won’t, the game even references that. It’s funny and strange the amount of people, after getting the so called “true” ending can’t bring themselves to play it again, reset the game. If you’re a person that can play an RPG and have they’re characters differ greatly, then you may get some amount of replay ability. If not, well, who knows, depending how that first playthrough goes.
    Hopefully my review has helped you make a decision on if to get this game, I definitely recommend it (duh), but I do repeat, if you are considering getting this expecting a great game, or you’re not one to get emotional easily, DO NOT buy. For those of you with expectations, lower them, I really do think that helps. And for those who don’t get emotional easily, while I would still recommend it as something to own. It wouldn’t surprise me if you ended up not enjoying it as much, or even wondering what other people see kin the game. There is a lot more I could say such as the music is great and the mechanics are solid, but other things I think that would be revealing too much.
    Last edited by JediSpectre117; 07-01-2016 at 01:09 PM.

It's finally here

(at a certain part of the video you need the annotation on to choose certain options :P)
    Now Sr Pelo can rest XD

(Sorry for double post)
    It's been a few days, but Undertale completed 1 year!

And to celebrate that, Toby Fox released Unused music from the game and also did a Q&A with some of the characters~
    http://steamed.kotaku.com/undertales...ium=Socialflow

i expected cake
    but man 1 year already time flys

invalid signiture space please refrain from saying goose otherwise the world might explode

I'm sure it was about this time too I saw Undertale on my recommended list and went, "Not interested"
    Oh there are regrets.

Since that one character with the glasses could make a jetpack that helped frisk. Why couldn't she just jetpack him up the hole where he fell from, if not the entire underground for that matter?

In the jurassic, watching this computer the humans gave me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosoraptor View Post
    Since that one character with the glasses could make a jetpack that helped frisk. Why couldn't she just jetpack him up the hole where he fell from, if not the entire underground for that matter?
    First, that was alphys. Second, There's no way inside the ruins unless toriel let you in. Third, The barrier still exists. Once you fall in, there's no way out unless you break it. Fourth, that would cost a lot of fuel, supplies in which the underground probably doesn't have.

"Those dang T-rex wanna-be class players!"

Quote Originally Posted by Philosoraptor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex Terror View Post
    First, that was alphys. Second, There's no way inside the ruins unless toriel let you in. Third, The barrier still exists. Once you fall in, there's no way out unless you break it. Fourth, that would cost a lot of fuel, supplies in which the underground probably doesn't have.
    Pretty much this ^

I've seen people try to come up with theories to leave the Underground, one of the silliest ones I've read was about petting Lesser dog and climbing on his neck to go outside the hole from the Ruins...but people keep forgetting about the Magical barrier!
    People can get in but they can't get out, so that's why any human could fall into the hole and go to the underground but the barrier is still there surrounding the whole area (only in Asgore's castle the barrier is visible)
    Otherwise the monsters would have managed to escape a long time ago, since theres different types of monsters and I'm pretty some of them can fly.

The Undertale Little Buddies (1st set) is already out, and it's announcement video is marvelous

Thread Information