Close
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Nudibranchs

Fish

Reptiles

Blue bellied roller... where has this bird been all my life

Moustached Kingfisher

"Juvia lives for the ones that she loves! You've got to as well. If you have love in your life, you must keep on living!

Quote Originally Posted by Urano Metria View Post
    I think aquatic invertebrates host the most color

Sea Mouse

Emperor Shrimp

Blue Leg Poso Shrimp

Halloween Crab

Christmas Tree Worm

Firefly Squid

Here they are washing ashore
    Yes, more invertebrates!

I especially love the firefly squid.
    -Keep your signature within 750x160-

Xanthochromic Cardinal

gynandromorph cardinal

gynandromorph butterflies

gynandromorph budgerigar
    "Juvia lives for the ones that she loves! You've got to as well. If you have love in your life, you must keep on living!

bump

gynandromorph moth

Quote Originally Posted by Urano Metria View Post
    "Moustached" Kingfisher

[IMG][/IMG]
    5/10 Doesn't have a moustache.

The world is full of beautiful, vibrant creatures, but what looks good in nature doesn't always translate well into a video game. The way light bounces and transfers color, and the microscopic scale of skin/scale/feather/hair color and texture are currently not able to be replicated in a video game, to my knowledge, making brightly colored dinos using a 512x/1024x/2048x skin texture look fake.

And neutral is beautiful, if you pay attention to the subtlety. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonvoid View Post
    The world is full of beautiful, vibrant creatures, but what looks good in nature doesn't always translate well into a video game. The way light bounces and transfers color, and the microscopic scale of skin/scale/feather/hair color and texture are currently not able to be replicated in a video game, to my knowledge, making brightly colored dinos using a 512x/1024x/2048x skin texture look fake.

And neutral is beautiful, if you pay attention to the subtlety.
    Oh joy another person missing the point of this thread if you want to post dull animals or plants or whatever make your own thread. I made this thread to show the side of nature that people tend to want to ignore.

Natural is not a reasons for limiting color palettes. Or even subduing patterns some patterns are very intricate but they always make sense somehow with how the animal is no matter how out there it may seem

Point is nature is wild. Please don't post here unless you have as the OP states some creature that is vibrant that exist in nature aka colorfull animal eye candy
    Last edited by Cykotyk; 11-08-2015 at 02:27 PM.

Wow I like that Mantis 0.0
    anyone done this funky spider yet?

Quote Originally Posted by JediSpectre117 View Post
    Wow I like that Mantis 0.0
    anyone done this funky spider yet?
    Nope.

Sort of torn between cooing at its cute little back design or freaking out cuz it kinda looks like a type of jumping spider.

Bright bird tax

Quote Originally Posted by Cykotyk View Post
    Natural is not a reasons for limiting color palettes. Or even subduing patterns some patterns are very intricate but they always make sense somehow with how the animal is no matter how out there it may seem
    Just going to point out that most ground dwelling birds with bright plumages are either endangered, extinct or lack natural predators.

Sooooo, it's all about biology and environment the way I see it. ._.
    Does the animal rely on sneaking up on prey? Is it too big to escape predators by hiding under a rock or up in a tree? Can it fly? What color is the terrain? How fast does it move? Does it nest/give birth on the ground or in an elevated area?

Colors dont have to be dull or boring, but they should at least make a grain of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cykotyk View Post
    Oh joy another person missing the point of this thread if you want to post dull animals or plants or whatever make your own thread. I made this thread to show the side of nature that people tend to want to ignore.
    Nothing I posted was dull. ;)

Natural is not a reasons for limiting color palettes.
    But the skill of an artist/limitations of video games are.

Point is nature is wild. Please don't post here unless you have as the OP states some creature that is vibrant that exist in nature :D aka colorfull animal eye candy
    What one considers "colorful" is subjective. I think the colors on these two animals are stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonvoid View Post

That fox isnt natural at all tho, it's bred by humans to have that color.

"The domestication of the red fox has produced the silver fox, oftentimes referred to as the Siberian fox. This domestication is due to selective breeding, resulting in more tame and dog-like foxes."

Quote Originally Posted by War Bear 112 View Post
    That fox isnt natural at all tho, it's bred by humans to have that color.

"The domestication of the red fox has produced the silver fox, oftentimes referred to as the Siberian fox. This domestication is due to selective breeding, resulting in more tame and dog-like foxes."
    And in that same article:

"Range

Red foxes, including the silver form, are one of the most widely distributed carnivorous species in the world, ranging over much of the northern hemisphere and Australia. Their abundance in a wide variety of habitats can be attributed to introduction by humans into new habitats for fox-hunting.

In North America, silver foxes occur mostly in northwestern part of the continent. In the 19th century, silver foxes were sometimes collected from Labrador, the Magdalen Islands, and they were rarely taken from the mountainous regions of Pennsylvania and the wilder portions of New York. They were occasionally found in Nova Scotia. According to Sir John Richardson, it was uncommon for trappers to collect more than 4-5 silver foxes in any one season, in areas where silver foxes were present, despite the trappers tendency to prioritize them above all other fur-bearers once they were discovered.[1] Silver foxes comprise up to 8% of Canada's red fox population.[6]

In the former Soviet Union, silver foxes occur mostly in forest zones and forest-tundra belts, particularly in middle and eastern Siberia and the Caucasus mountains. They are very rare in steppes and deserts.[5]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_fox_%28animal%29

Thread Information