Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post PS4 Glitch and bugs

Making this thread to document all glitches encountered so far so the devs can potentially fix them (some of these glitches might be crossplatform)

So far what ive found: Cryo spit doesnt inflict damage properly when on the floor or walls (hitbox seems to only register when your on the very edge of the puddle, it also doesnt show up depending on teh surface or distance it is placed)

Its possible to clip underneath the map with ptera by grabbing a human while close to the ground (can happen on any map)

A major trophy glitch can occur if you unlock the gourmet and and rex rampage trophy at the same time (you will obtain both skins from the trophys but neither trophy will unlock, making it so you cant get platinum BUT i was able to get the rex rampage trophy by waiting a day and trying it again but gourmet is still glitched for me. i was able to to get live support so im hoping they were able to fix it)

Sometime the lighting in teh game will glitch out on certain objects (the dumpster on docks, the feathers on all feathered raptor in the marsh map but this one ive only encountered once)

Small chance of spawning with what looks to be a fedora near the head of your char in docks that stays there, floating in air (possibly in other maps aswell but i primarily see this in docks)

The server browser on occasion will not show the right map or gamemode when joining. Also there seems to be an issue where a freemode match will turn into team deathmatch (thx TyrantLyzardQueen)

Will add to this as more glitches are found
    Last edited by Zerno; 10-26-2015 at 11:22 AM. Reason: added another glitch

Sorry to hear about the Gourmet trophy ;c I unlocked it just fine it seems, got it the first hour or so I played, perhaps it glitched up more recently.
    I've noticed that sometimes Free Roam games will suddenly turn into TDM for no reason and I have yet to see anywhere that the person hosting the game perhaps could change the settings on the game in that way.
    Also sometimes the raptor pounces glitch.I leap straight at someone and kind of hover in the air behind them them land with no success. Maybe I'm must terrible at being a raptor lol but I don't know.
    There are also times where I end up running in say a straight line then a second later I end up apparently running into a wall a few feet over. Might be the server or my connection but I'm not sure.
    And lastly, there are so many places I get stuck in as a rex, sometimes at the worst times. Not sure if that's really a glitch either but it is rather bothersome. If it's supposed to be that way, I'll just learn to avoid trouble spots if I can.

Zerno -- Sorry to hear that (and thanks for starting this thread).

There is a possible issue with Trophies when you have been playing for a long amount of time, and it's not specific to any particular Trophies.

We plan to release an update that will address the issue, and you won't have to re-earn the Trophy -- As soon as you do an activity that is part of the Trophy check (devouring a person as the T-Rex will take care of both of your examples), the game will do the check and should award the Trophies.

No ETA, yet (sorry), but it is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitachi View Post
    Zerno -- Sorry to hear that (and thanks for starting this thread).

There is a possible issue with Trophies when you have been playing for a long amount of time, and it's not specific to any particular Trophies.

We plan to release an update that will address the issue, and you won't have to re-earn the Trophy -- As soon as you do an activity that is part of the Trophy check (devouring a person as the T-Rex will take care of both of your examples), the game will do the check and should award the Trophies.

No ETA, yet (sorry), but it is coming.
    ah, thx hitachi! thats great to know ^w^

lol Yeah going through the map as a Ptera is nothing new. XD

Ptera is spooky ghost :O

1) Today while playing on Contingency, I discovered that Dinos can freely enter/exit The building when the doors are closed. You act as if you will run throught he door if it was open, the Dino will pause briefly once at the door, and then continue running on the other side.

This wasn't just me, I noticed multiple players using this bug. Seemed to work with all Dinos. I was a Dilo, and I saw a Carno and Ptera using it too.

Not sure if it works with Humans too... but I didn't see any during my game.

2) I can also vogue for the mysterious fedora appearing on spawn points. I see it on pretty much every map. Not just where I spawn either, I see groups of 3-4 hats sometimes.

3) I think something is wrong with Dilo's jump... almost every time I jump as a Dilo, it seems to start a jump, get a foot or two off the ground, then repeat the jumping animation immediately.

Hope these help...

I'm glad I found this thread as there are a few things that have cropped up in matches that have hindered the experience a bit.

1.) I can vouch for the strange raptor pouncing in which I sort of bounce off the top of the head of the person I'm targeting and land with no effect.

2.) I have also gotten stuck in several areas as a tyrant, particularly the ones where it would seem like I would fit--only I don't.

3.) One thing that I haven't seen mentioned here, but happens to me quite a bit, is the hip-fire targeting reticule disappearing on the human classes. I often play as the trapper and this glitch basically renders the dual colts useless outside of point-blank range. This glitch doesn't reset at death either.

4.) When playing as a novaraptor, there are times when I am unable to deal damage to humans at all unless I pounce on them.

5.) This hasn't happened as much but there are times when I am unable to switch weapons as a human.

Finally, I just want to say that I don't want my grievances to be construed as destructive criticism of the game. I purchased it just before Fallout 4 and Star Wars Battlefront and I still play it fairly often. It's easily one of my favorite multiplayer games. It would just be that much better if these issues were addressed at some point in the future!
    "And the other two raptors...you didn't even know were there."

Thanks for posting these -- It helps Circle 5 and Panic Button take a look at specific issues.

I've been playing since day 1, but haven't gotten around to posting.

I've also encountered the spawning fedora glitch. It has appeared on every map for me, but I don't think it's happened every game. I also think its just with humans, I haven't noticed any spawning with Dinos.

A small bug I regularly encounter is the dinos jumping being really jerky. It happens with all 3 classes that can jump. When I jump, the dino will start a jump, then about halfway through said jump, it will restart the jumping animation. This doesn't happen ALL the time, but it's not uncommon.

Another one that has been mentioned was maps beinwrong when selecting servers. It will say "White Forest", but when you enter the server, you will be playing on "Docks". This is a pretty consistent error.

A glitch I also encounter occasionally is the game mode being now labeled too. I don't play free roam too often, I like TDM. But there's times when I select TDM and when I enter the server, it's Free Roam. At least it looks like it. There's no time countee, or team kills located at the top. I think this is the same type of glitch as the map titles... just game mode names being switched somehow.

And finally, not sure if this is a glitch or not, but I don't always unlock skins after matches, even if they meet the requirements in the "How to Unlock Skins" thread. I'm always in TDM matches of 4 or more. And I play until the matches are over, so I should be unlocking a skin right? There could be a daily limit on unlocks, but there are some days where I just won't unlock anything. Is there more to it? Do you have to be on the winning team? Do you need a certain number of kills? Is it a glitch?

Hope these help somehow. I'll report any more glitches I find.

Sorry for double posting, but I just encountered another few glitches.

The first one I have an image for. I was playing as the Steel Leopard Novaraptor on the Docks map, and for some reason, he became covered in diagonal stripes. And if you look, his toes and mouth also had this pixelated rainbow look to them... not sure of the cause of this glitch, but switched to a different skin and it was fine.

Then during another match (also on Docks), I saw what appeared to be 2 humans floating above the water, VERY far out. Farther then any character could normally reach. They were jittering. They couldn't of been player controlled. My guess is they were players that died by falling in the water, and the character models somehow ended up there.

Does anyone have any problems playing survivor on lan as sometimes when i'm playing on certain waves i'm down to the last dino to kill and it can't be found anywhere as if it has disappeared, I only play on the lava map so it isn't that big but I have tried for 10 minutes or more and cant find it so I usually kill myself and start again/

Kind of an update on the fedora glitch. Now instead of a fedora floating mid air where you spawn, the fedora now falls onto the ground with proper object physics... it will bounce when it lands and stuff.

Do any team members actually check the ps4 section? Seems like this part of the forums is kind of ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla1031 View Post
    Do any team members actually check the ps4 section? Seems like this part of the forums is kind of ignored.
    It seems Hitachi is the only member of the PS4 dev team thats actually registered to the forum and all they do is post news and stuff. The normal dev team can't help cause they can't touch anything on the PS4 side of things. I'm sure SOMEONE is reading these though. They just don't bother to make an account I guess.

Apologies for the delayed response.

Quote Originally Posted by USSTalladega View Post
    It seems Hitachi is the only member of the PS4 dev team thats actually registered to the forum and all they do is post news and stuff. The normal dev team can't help cause they can't touch anything on the PS4 side of things. I'm sure SOMEONE is reading these though. They just don't bother to make an account I guess.
    I'm the studio head for Panic Button, the folks who help out with the PS4 version of PC:E. You can consider the things I say about PS4 to be official.

We review these forums on a regular basis, and repro issues on the Panic Button side for possible inclusion in future updates.

PC:E is a bit unique, in that the PC version is being built by a globally distributed group of people (with whom we're not associated), the schedule is a bit open-ended and shifting for PC (which makes it hard to plan for grabbing updates for PS4), and that platform is not being developed considering impacts to PS4 (which means we have to tease apart updates that will unintentionally break the PS4).

All that said, we are planning to move the PS4 version of Primal Carnage: Extinction forward, and address a number of issues.

We don't respond to forum posts on a regular basis here, because if we don't have concrete things to say, we don't want to create noise for people.

Thanks for your concerns and ideas, and we'll hopefully have more for you soon.

Thread Information