Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ah ok. That is completely understandable.

the music keeps repeating itslef and overlaping

invalid signiture space please refrain from saying goose otherwise the world might explode

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    There's a few other audio glitches... it seems that reverb volumes are even more unreliable than they were previously and are unable to confine sounds at all. For an example- the wind you should only hear at altitude on Valley is audible across the entire level. I'll see to removing reverb-volume based effects from the maps if they continue to flat out not work in this fashion. There's some headache inducing stuff on some of the maps that comes from sound cues not being limited to the volume they're placed inside.

I also think there's something up with ambient sound splines, since the river water ambience is randomly appearing in places it shouldn't be. I don't know the particulars of what's different on the PS4 engine side but the sound behaves wildly differently than on the PC version. I'm going to cross check certain weapon sound peculiarities in-editor that I think might be attenuation-related, a couple of those might have been oversights in the recent effects updates, but I honestly think there must be some underlying differences in the way PS4 handles audio that are causing issues.

Is anyone else getting an awful screen blur when running and sprinting as the dinos when you have the camera facing different angles? (This only started happening after the PS4 game update.)

Is this issue a visual glitch? (I just hope it will be fixed soon and is not ment to be in the game.)

Hey there, just wanted to mention that the options are messy at the moment, any of my previous options (except sounds) were changed since the update to settings I didn't want (for example: toggle crouch/aiming has been flipped so I now have to hold down the circle button to crouch and aiming down sights is down by simply pressing L2 and I can't do much until I press L2 again to revert back to hip-shooting).

This normally wouldn't be a problem at all but the main issue is if you change any settings and save them they don't save at all despite the UI stating otherwise. Sometimes if you repeatedly do it to one minor setting it will actually save it and it'll work but going back on the settings will revert it back even if you didn't touch it, I can confirm this on the 'Turn off crosshairs' option, but I've had no luck on the '3D sniper scope' option.

My friends said that they have the same problem as well, so my data being damaged is not the possibility, just needed to point this out as it has resulted in mishaps on playing both teams. Hopefully this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big D Scoop View Post
    Hey there, just wanted to mention that the options are messy at the moment, any of my previous options (except sounds) were changed since the update to settings I didn't want (for example: toggle crouch/aiming has been flipped so I now have to hold down the circle button to crouch and aiming down sights is down by simply pressing L2 and I can't do much until I press L2 again to revert back to hip-shooting).

This normally wouldn't be a problem at all but the main issue is if you change any settings and save them they don't save at all despite the UI stating otherwise. Sometimes if you repeatedly do it to one minor setting it will actually save it and it'll work but going back on the settings will revert it back even if you didn't touch it, I can confirm this on the 'Turn off crosshairs' option, but I've had no luck on the '3D sniper scope' option.

My friends said that they have the same problem as well, so my data being damaged is not the possibility, just needed to point this out as it has resulted in mishaps on playing both teams. Hopefully this helps!
    Thank you for this write-up We're taking a look at this to see what might be causing the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SaurianRaptor View Post
    Is anyone else getting an awful screen blur when running and sprinting as the dinos when you have the camera facing different angles? (This only started happening after the PS4 game update.)

Is this issue a visual glitch? (I just hope it will be fixed soon and is not ment to be in the game.)
    We plan to fix this in a future update. Some people are experiencing it if they enabled the blur before the recent update, and then we removed blur with the update (it was not behaving correctly).

A future update will remove the broken blur for folks that are in that situation.

Back after a little while away from playing. Wanted to post some of the things I've encountered.

-I'm also encountering the dreaded blur with the dinos. Sucks to be basically blinded from the cool skins you unlock. But from what I've heard, they are already fixing this.

-I've also noticed when playing as the Dinos, I have a weird thing happen when I spawn. My dino kinda dances around (bouncing his head left to right while slowly spinning to the left.). This doesn't affect playing at all though, once I start running he never does this again. It's just at the spawn point.

-There was also a one time glitch where I was playing as the tresspasser, and I died. Nobody killed me, I just fell over and died. The game treated it like a death (I didn't happen to notice what it said happened) but it didn't pop up with anything about who killed me or anything. I just died, and it did the typical "R2 to respawn" prompt.

-The "Red and Teal striped" tranq is actually red and yellow now... not sure why, I do remember it being teal when I unlocked it.

But I actually like this style...

-For some reason, when i was selecting a class, it wouldn't let me select anything. They would all blink red, and occasionally give me a "this class is currently not selectable" message. I had to back out of the server and re enter it.

(This also rarely happens at the team select screen. When selecting either team they flash red, and I get "this class is currently not selectable" message.)

-The scientist can still toggle zoom when picked up by a flyer and when the match is over. Before the results screen pops up.

-When going into the customization menu during a match, if your character is touching a wall, or if you are dead, it won't take you to the area where you can view the skins, it's just a glitches view of the map. You can still select the skins and weapons, but uou can'actuallu view them. This is a glitch I've encountered since day one. But I haven't seen it posted yet.

-For some reason you can't turn names and outlines off. The options are there, but when you turn them off, and save it, they just go right back on again. I like turning this stuff off when I goof around in Free Roam.

-After playing a few matches, the game starts running REALLY choppy. Not lag necessarily... but like the frame rate drops substantially. If I back out of the game and re enter, it runs fine... but then gets choppy again after a while.

Hope these help!
    Last edited by Zilla1031; 07-04-2016 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Adding more info

Thanks for the feedback, Zilla1031!

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla1031 View Post
    I'm also encountering the dreaded blur with the dinos. Sucks to be basically blinded from the cool skins you unlock. But from what I've heard, they are already fixing this.
    Yes, this will be fixed in an upcoming update.

I've also noticed when playing as the Dinos, I have a weird thing happen when I spawn. My dino kinda dances around (bouncing his head left to right while slowly spinning to the left.). This doesn't affect playing at all though, once I start running he never does this again. It's just at the spawn point.
    Thanks for making us aware of this. We'll look at it, and see if there is a safe fix for this.

There was also a one time glitch where I was playing as the tresspasser, and I died. Nobody killed me, I just fell over and died. The game treated it like a death (I didn't happen to notice what it said happened) but it didn't pop up with anything about who killed me or anything. I just died, and it did the typical "R2 to respawn" prompt.
    We will look at this, though we haven't been able to reproduce it so far. If you moved into a kill volume (like an an electrified fence), or you were a victim of the contingency plan in the "Contingency" map (which repro's what you describe exactly).

But we will keep looking at it.

The "Red and Teal striped" tranq is actually red and yellow now... not sure why, I do remember it being teal when I unlocked it.
    This will be fixed in an upcoming update.

But I actually like this style...
    Sorry. ;-)

For some reason, when i was selecting a class, it wouldn't let me select anything. They would all blink red, and occasionally give me a "this class is currently not selectable" message. I had to back out of the server and re enter it.
    We will look into this, though usually, when you are not able to select a Class, there is a reason For example, not allowed to pick the T-Rex in GttC mode, or entering a game that fills up while you are in the Class selection screen.

The scientist can still toggle zoom when picked up by a flyer and when the match is over. Before the results screen pops up.
    Unfortunately, this is one issue we don't intend to address in the next update.

When going into the customization menu during a match, if your character is touching a wall, or if you are dead, it won't take you to the area where you can view the skins, it's just a glitches view of the map. You can still select the skins and weapons, but uou can'actuallu view them. This is a glitch I've encountered since day one. But I haven't seen it posted yet.
    We will be fixing some of the scenarios where this can happen in the next update to the game.

For some reason you can't turn names and outlines off. The options are there, but when you turn them off, and save it, they just go right back on again. I like turning this stuff off when I goof around in Free Roam.
    We will be fixing the Options screen in the next update. This will be a combination of correctly updating options that are toggle-able for the game, and removing options from the screen that the Player actually cannot change.

After playing a few matches, the game starts running REALLY choppy. Not lag necessarily... but like the frame rate drops substantially. If I back out of the game and re enter, it runs fine... but then gets choppy again after a while.
    We will be fixing this is the next update of the game.

The issue is we unintentionally brought over an incorrect implementation of voice chat to the PS4 version of the game, which enabled the voice chat feature, but is causing performance issues (whether or not you are using voice chat). But, this will be addressed in the next update.

Hope these help!
    They do! Thanks again!

Adam

Was playing again last night and came across a player playing Pyro with HUGE arms and flamesaw. Looked like Donkey Kong. Lol

Was playing again last night and came across a player playing Pyro with HUGE arms and flamesaw. Looked like Donkey Kong. Lol
    Yesterday I shot a Dilo 5 times with the sniper rifle and he survived :/

Yeah, that's a bug we've decided we won't fix; it's entertaining enough to keep. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by dinosauriac View Post
    There's a few other audio glitches... it seems that reverb volumes are even more unreliable than they were previously and are unable to confine sounds at all. For an example- the wind you should only hear at altitude on Valley is audible across the entire level. I'll see to removing reverb-volume based effects from the maps if they continue to flat out not work in this fashion. There's some headache inducing stuff on some of the maps that comes from sound cues not being limited to the volume they're placed inside.

I also think there's something up with ambient sound splines, since the river water ambience is randomly appearing in places it shouldn't be. I don't know the particulars of what's different on the PS4 engine side but the sound behaves wildly differently than on the PC version. I'm going to cross check certain weapon sound peculiarities in-editor that I think might be attenuation-related, a couple of those might have been oversights in the recent effects updates, but I honestly think there must be some underlying differences in the way PS4 handles audio that are causing issues.
    LOL I thought the weird Hunt music was purposely very loud and noisy for dramatic effect. And I only noticed this sound bug on the forest chasm on certain edges of the map like the place with a jeep and stop sign, at first I thought it was the sound of a waterfall but realized it must've been a bug from the PS4 port.

We will be fixing this is the next update of the game.

The issue is we unintentionally brought over an incorrect implementation of voice chat to the PS4 version of the game, which enabled the voice chat feature, but is causing performance issues (whether or not you are using voice chat). But, this will be addressed in the next update.
    Hopefully this fixes the strange inability to use the raptor's pounce I've been encountering, though I'm not sure whether or not it was just lag.

I know you said you can't address the player hosting, but some of these matches I was questioning whether or not a player was manipulating their server with some kind of lag switch. When I can't hit them but THEY can hit me, especially when I'm a novaraptor, something's going on beyond your average lag. Usually the lag I experience effects everyone because I only get it 10% of the time on Primal Carnage, so if it's possibly effecting everyone who isn't the host, I suspect the host is doing something malicious. This will happen to games quickly if left unchecked.

Hello, I discovered a new bug.

When I'm selecting a server, particularly when I search based on the best Ping, there are display errors. I will select a Get to the Chopper, but it will put me into a Free Roam, etc. It even displayed all the pings on the whole list as "-1" even though that obviously wasn't the case, and continued to do so after a refresh. However, this could've been related to PSN maintenance

I recommend if you see a "-1" ping, to assume this is a false reading.

Thread Information