Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Stealer View Post
    Instead we're seeing the same thing that happened to the Tyrants in which the Acro was made to be the fast Tyrant not by actually making it fast but by slowing down the Rex and the Spino, worse perhaps because humans are already in such a miserably difficult state that implementing such nerfs are akin to giving laxatives to someone dying of starvation.

I really hope that some of these things can be avoided in the future.
    I agree, as much as I want new stuff it needs be looked at thoroughly and in perspective of the class. IMO the spaz 12 and m14 are really generic and boring guns. I'd rather use the current assault rifle simply because it isn't a carbon copy of every gun used in a game ever. That's why TF2 is so popular. So unless this game is striving to be very serious and realistic I'd rather have unique, or sometimes even 'unpractical' weapons. A simply a special kind of rocket launcher or gun with explosive bullets would be awesome! A minigun could even work if balanced right, and it would fit under the agenda of the commando's class better and less confusing then the spaz 12. It would be interesting.

I feel horrible saying all of this, and i hate to see everyone turning on the developers lately, but I feel like they don't understand how to manage things well AT ALL in some cases.

I honestly don't care if health and speed values are changed for humans to emphasize on their proper role and emphasize on their weakness / strengths, as long as it's done right, makes sense, and all weapons can be changed accordingly and added accordingly to the point where every human feels unique and makes you think "Oh hey, there's a lot of spitters on the map, maybe I should use the class that has the least amount of weaknesses and most amount of special strengths against it!" Not "X class and Y class are both the best at taking out ALL SMALL dinosaurs, and although they do it slightly differently, they are pretty much the same. Z class isn't meant to kill small dinosaurs as a top priority, but it has an exception. Z class has this weapon / throwable / ability that allows it to kill ALL SMALL dinosaurs as good or even BETTER than classes X and Y"

^ That right there is what the game's state is. All dinosaurs are unique and fill their own niche, but the humans keep getting messed up by the addition of new weapons / throwables / other crap. Unless they fit the EXACT role that the class has (IF that class even has a specialized role in the damn first place!) then it messes up the balance completely again and, just like the tranq rifle, requires months AND MONTHS to get EVEN CLOSE to balancing the WHOLE DAMN GAME.

Sorry I just had to ramble on for a bit, I really want this game to be perfect, but It doesn't have any idea where it's going, it's like a chicken with it's head chopped off. The game and it's devs don't know if they want this game to be cartoony, unrealistic, and funny but also fun OR for it to be very realistic with blood and gore and having dinosaurs and humans fight TO THE DEATH with deadly and specialized selections of classes and weapons at your disposal, requiring skill, teamwork, and tactic to prevail. OR just a complete mumble jumble of crap mixed together into a mutant demented cake that you forgot to take out of the oven 5,000 years ago.

MADE BY THE EPIC GIGABYTER! (FORMERLY KNOWN AS REDTHING)

The new weapons, how they work, or what class will be able to use them is not set in stone. This is what having a public roadmap and open testing is for..getting feedback from the community and making the best possible decision for the game based off that feedback. If a feature is unbalanced, unpopular, or just plain doesn't work at all- it can be changed. And because the SPAS12 would bring the Pathfinder's arsenal to three shotguns, we felt that a more interesting approach would be giving it to the Commando. Maybe it wouldn't work, but we were going to at least try it.

A lot of you seem to be annoyed at the mere mention of this idea (And it is an idea, which is why the new roadmap makes no mention of what class is getting each weapon), but the reason we want to try it was to make the game less generic, not the opposite. We think just giving the shotgun to the Pathfinder would be the cheap move. If you feel it's the wrong decision, create a thread in the feedback section. Make a convincing argument and use the class/weapon value sheet to explain your reasoning. Give an example of how we could use the shotgun for the Pathfinder instead. Simply saying "Well that isn't what the Commando class is for" isn't a valid argument.

And please, don't turn this thread into an argument over the SPAS12. Otherwise I'll have to lock it and re-create the thread.

this is how it can work with the commando

rather then being your reaglur shotgun it should fire in short burts doing less damage then the reaglur shotguns but with alot less spread and can be fired repeatly but has slow reload times

invalid signiture space please refrain from saying goose otherwise the world might explode

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    And please, don't turn this thread into an argument over the SPAS12. Otherwise I'll have to lock it and re-create the thread.
    Needed to quote this

Wouldn't discussion of the weapon here make perfect sense considering it's on the roadmap? :\

Regardless, good to see acknowledgement of what testing is for.

Philosoraptor
    I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenzi Sixaxis View Post
    Wouldn't discussion of the weapon here make perfect sense considering it's on the roadmap? :\
    There's a difference between a discussion and arguement.

I have a question about the skin workshop. From what I can understand, skins will have to be approved by the Primal Carnage team. I know someone said it is similar to TF2's curating process, but I'm not really familiar to TF2.

Are skins that are created by players and approved going to show in-game to others? Will they drop like regular skins? Will there be certain standards to which skins get approved? I'm just really curious. Thanks. :3

Hopefully the generic pistol goes to the sniper, she needs it.
    To keep (what remains of) your sanity when balancing, keep humans with the same base stats. Also upscale the smaller classes to match the upscaled humans. It will help.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoBear View Post
    Hopefully the generic pistol goes to the sniper, she needs it.
    I have to agree with this.

actually i think this game has a lot of potential, it would be nice since the dinos can jump scale walls fly and generally maneuver so easily around the player save for his gun could you add a dodge roll or being able to climb up on objects like boxes and ledges for the humans since they are limited in movement in that department. Other games have human characters give in more realistic movement. also physics on the raptor jumps would be nice since sometime they dont
    stick the landing on ledges or rocks.

Thread Information