Close
Page 1 of 104 1231151101 ... LastLast

Ask a Developer Discussion

This is a thread for discussing the questions and answers in the Ask a Developer thread.

Jurassic the Spino Lord [PC] Jurassic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonousPinataIII
    Will we ever see a multiplayer livestream? Say, maybe a battle showing off mechanics or a dual side development stream?
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc
    Yes, soon.
    I was very interested by this. I hope to see a multiplayer livestream in the future soon

Mosasaur is amazing!

So do I. It will be interesting to see all the new mechanics being used on enemies and all that stuff.
    "No matter what the future may bring, some things will never change! Like the courage and daring of true heroes!" RIP Bionicle.

Banned
    Having a tea party with Rexy and Blue deep in the Jungles of Isla Nublar.
    so having themed updates after the recode I think it will be like holiday updates and updates for example when acro comes out it will be the acro update

I'm mostly thinking in the direction of stuff like game modes. A new mode would be accompanied by a few maps for it, and maybe a fitting skin or so to celebrate the occasion. Or maybe if there is a new map there could be skins or human loadout items that go well with that map (a light brown dinosaur with a desert map, a flashlight with a night map etc). But I'm not very sure, and I'm curious to see what comes of it. The developers have already stated they are not planning updates to coincide with certain dates, like say the release of Jurassic Park 4.
    Never give up, never forget, moar colors.

adult dilo on the pipe line. very happy i am. the question is where would it fit as a class? its big enough to possible count as a small bruiser, a large hunter/assault, or maybe even just another support with its smaller counterparts. (maybe gives its arms a use with dispatching nets...) i know some of these class terms are old but you all catch my drift right?
    R.I.P. David Bowie

So did anyone read Dinosauriac's "Ask a dev answer thread"? I must it's really handy to have it all in one place and makes it easier to read everything.
    "No matter what the future may bring, some things will never change! Like the courage and daring of true heroes!" RIP Bionicle.

Surely it'd be possible to code it so who ever does the most damage on a kill automatically gets it.

Would definitely solve those one slashes that ends up wasting your time.

When it says to host a game, how do I let others play with me? I've tried several times to let people play with me on my server but it never works.

For a while now I've actually been considering making a big tutorial and/or "tips and tricks" sort of video series for PC. I was thinking of doing that maybe a year ago, but I wanted to see what was going on with the update before I put a whole lot of time and effort into that sort of thing. Plus, I didn't have a good mic back then. And of course, that series didn't happen; can't remember why exactly, though, but it might have had something to do with my health, which has gone down the toilet again. With the recode being the big update that it is, I think I'd be far more willing to actually put all the effort and time into doing that that would be necessary, especially if I got some help from community members in getting what needs to be done worked on. Of course, if I do make such a series, keep in mind that it'll probably not be considered official, but I suppose it's something to look forward to in terms of helping players out.

As for whether or not PC will be getting actual in-game tutorials or even tool tips / pop ups to help players out, I'd guess that all that's an "in the pipeline but not top priority".

I can help out with anything necessary if that ever comes into fruition.

Also, This thread is one of the best things ever.
    To keep (what remains of) your sanity when balancing, keep humans with the same base stats. Also upscale the smaller classes to match the upscaled humans. It will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Primitive View Post
    Surely it'd be possible to code it so who ever does the most damage on a kill automatically gets it.

Would definitely solve those one slashes that ends up wasting your time.
    The problem with that is that it would make it really hard to get kills with a Ptera. You'd pretty much have to kill only by pecking, and never drop anyone, since what kills you on a ptera drop is the falling damage, not the ptera's damage output. If you're the only one to hit them, then you're fine, but as soon as another dinosaur attacks them you've lost a kill.

You could work around that by changing how the game considers damage sources, I suppose, making it count falling damage instead as character damage, but that seems like it would be a huge amount of work. Plus I could see it going wrong spectacularly when it comes to other incidents of falling damage.

Also means that tyrants would be constantly kill-stealing from raptors, as the regular practice of eating trapped humans would become killstealing since the bite does massive damage. Or, depending on how it's coded, it does no damage and just sets the target's health automatically to 0, in which case you couldn't get kills by eating people at all.
    Steam name: wirevix

Quote Originally Posted by usstalladega View Post
    And the TF2 crates require a key that you have to buy first to open.

So, will PC crates require a key or what?
    If this is the case, please make it so you can disable crate drops from being in your inventory.

Really just chews away at inventory space.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Chojnowski View Post
    the community feels tricked and hates the changes and a majority of the community leaves, with no hope of much more new players joining.
    Isnīt that the state this game is currently in anyway? I know this isnīt a discussion thread but, common, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Armonite View Post
    Sorry if this been answered already, but will the same apply for votekicking players? the current votekick feature we got in current build seems to be broken and not many people know they can votekick by a command.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    It's an option we want to add, but it won't be in the initial release.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Oh please NO, I understand the need to deal with trolls but I've played too many games where my experience is ruined because people vote kick me for the lols. And I can see this happening alot with PC especially when people are annoyed with the one guy who got the tyrant and is skilled enough to keep it alive (cause I admit even I can be like that, I'm like hurry up and die)

Thread Information