Close
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosauriac View Post
    Have you actually launched the game? They should be there.

There's no functional difference between the "upgrade" and normal Extinction, regardless of which you buy you should receive any DLC items purchased for the first game in PCE. This is all detailed on the steam hub. Check your profile page's inventory, the items should be showing in the Primal Carnage Extinction section. They just might not appear in-game sometimes if you are having connection issues.
    yup i started the game and still nothing i'll try to reinstall it maybe that will work :/

the reinstall didn't work it might be because i bought a new computer and i didn't have the first primal carnage installed when i first ran primal carnage extinction

I've asked this one year ago: Are you going to do something about the raptor crashing with the invisible edges or with the surfaces when pouncing from above?

you answered:
    Yeah, its something well look into.

http://www.primalcarnage.com/extinct...aad-answers-2/

well... this still happens, it's almost impossible to pounce someone who is below you without colliding with the surface you are on. when are you going to fix this? I dont want to play Primal carnage if i can't play like a real raptor doing ambushes from above...

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danyshady View Post
    Are you going to do something about the raptor crashing with the invisible edges or with the surfaces when pouncing from above?
    We haven't had time to address a lot of bugs until now. The next few months will be spent sorting out issues such as this for the most part. I think part of the problem with this one though is it wasn't illustrated very well. You can definitely pounce players from an elevated angle, the problem comes when trying to do it on people that are directly below a ledge you are standing on. Going to try some tweaking of pounce variables to see if it affects reliability at all, but the attack itself likely needs some code maintenance.

We haven't had time to address a lot of bugs until now. The next few months will be spent sorting out issues such as this for the most part. I think part of the problem with this one though is it wasn't illustrated very well. You can definitely pounce players from an elevated angle, the problem comes when trying to do it on people that are directly below a ledge you are standing on. Going to try some tweaking of pounce variables to see if it affects reliability at all, but the attack itself likely needs some code maintenance.
    Not just below you, sometimes "near below" is enough... I'm glad to see you are still aware of this issue, because is very, very annoying. The pounce of 1.2 hadn't this problem maybe you can find a way to solve it. thanks

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danyshady View Post
    The pounce of 1.2 hadn't this problem maybe you can find a way to solve it
    What do you mean by 1.2? The original game or Extinction 1.2? If PCE, I can roll back and do a comparison.

What do you mean by 1.2? The original game or Extinction 1.2? If PCE, I can roll back and do a comparison.
    Sorry for the delay. no i mean the 1.2 PC original. the current green dot mechanic limits a lot the pounce for the raptors and is very innefective as i said before. in 1.2 you could adjust the angle of the pounce just aiming up or down and it was amacing.

For example in 1.2 you could do a pounce while ambushing behind a rock, avoiding the collision with the rock just aiming up, whith the current mechanic its almost imposible to do that

I think i have the perfect solution for the pounce, have you played Gears of War? in this game you can calibrate the angle of the grenades just aiming up or down, while you can see the parable that the grenade is going to follow. imagine you could add a similar mechanic to the pounce! look this video i've made to see how it could work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPLmUZFf4UY

what do you think?

Thread Information