Close
Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediSpectre117 View Post
    Oh please NO, I understand the need to deal with trolls but I've played too many games where my experience is ruined because people vote kick me for the lols. And I can see this happening alot with PC especially when people are annoyed with the one guy who got the tyrant and is skilled enough to keep it alive (cause I admit even I can be like that, I'm like hurry up and die)
    ^ I second this(mainly cuz I'm the guy that tends to keep the tyrant alive for an eternity). I also see a lot of raging kids that just randomly starts votekicking everybody and it brings me to the conclusion that we do sort of have a too, immature community to grant "admin powers" to the common player. It would be a new way of "admin abuse". I really don't want to see the votekick fixed....I really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by JediSpectre117 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Oh please NO, I understand the need to deal with trolls but I've played too many games where my experience is ruined because people vote kick me for the lols. And I can see this happening alot with PC especially when people are annoyed with the one guy who got the tyrant and is skilled enough to keep it alive (cause I admit even I can be like that, I'm like hurry up and die)
    As much as having more of half of the server hating on you for appparently "no reason" could be seem wrong to you, having votekick is needed for a lot more important stuff such as votekicking hackers or chat spammers, people ruining the game for EVERYONE in the server, its not just about you, but the whole server experience as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRex View Post
    ^ I second this(mainly cuz I'm the guy that tends to keep the tyrant alive for an eternity). I also see a lot of raging kids that just randomly starts votekicking everybody and it brings me to the conclusion that we do sort of have a too, immature community to grant "admin powers" to the common player. It would be a new way of "admin abuse". I really don't want to see the votekick fixed....I really don't.
    Youre common player too, are you saying you are not even capable of telling when its propper to kick a player? and are you even aware that votekick requires the mayority of the server to vote for someone being kicked?

Votekicking should also be made easier, it can be hard to explain to new people how to use console commands.
    Having an option after pressing Escape would be best.

Not wanting the votekick option to be fixed when hackers and spammers and whatnot are a problem in games just because you don't want to be kicked for what you see as no good reason is... well, not a good reason. Votekick is a necessary feature in any online game as far as I'm concerned, and right now PC doesn't have it. That's led to far more games I've had where there was a hacker or otherwise unpleasant to the experience that really shouldn't have happened in the first place.

A good voting system, including one that handles kicking, will allow users to vote Yes or No, and not take action should the amount of users needed to vote fail to vote.

As Armonite said, it's not just about you or any one player. I once got kicked out of a TF2 server because I wasn't into the whole "sitting in spawn congaing" thing way back when that first came out. I just blinked, shrugged, and went to another server 'cause a friend and I were playing together. If I hadn't been in his company I'd have just shrugged and gone and done something else or rejoined the server later.

If you or someone is being kicked wrongly, say something in chat! In TF2, I've often gone and said "that's not the right guy to kick" with hackers who spam and change their name every 20 seconds or whatever, or that I or someone else isn't actually AFK and that works pretty well.

Once the recode comes out, I expect there to be quite a few more servers and people playing, so once vote kicking's in (and it needs to be), there shouldn't be much issue of being kicked for the lawls forcing you to be unable to play the game. (Even right now that's somewhat unlikely, I think, but I'm well aware of the lack of servers. :/)

Mmm that does make sense when you point out the overall game. However I'm/ was not thinking about just me, I'm thinking about everyone that could suffer it. I'm not one of those skilled players who are able to keep the Tyrants for an eternity for a match, nor am I one that can reach top of the leader board with goodness knows how many more than the player in 2nd place so the likely hood of me getting kicked for those reasons is slime, but what about those players who do.
    Yes it's handy to kick a hacker but here's the thing, nearly everyone recognises a hacker. What do people not always recognise, who's being a douche. I mean yeah I've played a few games the past week where there were a few players I would have loved to kick, but how many other people realised what they were doing. I mean I've played a game where the kick vote comes up every few minutes, the thing is why is this person getting kicked voted, is it because their a douche to the person suggesting the vote or is it because the person suggesting the vote is a douche and is doing it for the lols.

What I would be up for which is basically the same, a complain system. Once a certain number of players (say 3 or 4, depends on how many are on the server) have complained about a player, (so at this point its like voteing but no one is aware others have voted against this person) it then goes to a vote, preventing troll/lol kicks (unless the server is full of trolls but then why bother) and allowing the chance to get ride of hackers and trolls.

Dont look at this sry just testing something out

Quote Originally Posted by Beardie5000 View Post
    Dont look at this sry just testing something out
    I looked at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    Keys will be inexpensive (I don't have a price for them yet, can't speak on that). Using crates will in no way be a requirement to receive a rare item, it just significantly increases your chances. I'm not yet sure whether or not they'll be uncommon drops, but it's something I'd definitely lean towards. Remember that the keys, crates, and a majority of items in the game can be traded or sold on the Steam marketplace. You don't need to spend real money if you don't want to- sell a skin or two on the marketplace and you can use Steam funds to purchase a key.

Muting players is definitely an option, easily accessible via the scoreboard.
    Well that's good to know they'll be cheap and that we can sell stuff via Steam then use those funds to buy keys.

Shall be interesting to see how well the voicing option will work, since Steam's rather buggy, Skype uses a lot of resources and sometimes people don't like installing outside programs.

I'm not 100% sure if this question has already been answered but what I was wandering is that when it comes to the release of 2.0, I believe we'll have the default skins, and not all the other skins. Do our skins (including the feathered raptor skin), automatically come into our game overtime or do they come in a different way?

You will continue having the skins you owned previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    You will continue having the skins you owned previously.
    Thankyou Apoc, I feel a lot less worried was just a bit concerned and had to ask but thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by Armonite View Post
    Youre common player too, are you saying you are not even capable of telling when its propper to kick a player? and are you even aware that votekick requires the mayority of the server to vote for someone being kicked?
    Anybody can tell a hacker from a normal player. I'm talking about the little derps that run around, start votekicking everybody and then all of a sudden there's a whole votekick spam going on. There's been many times I've seen people start these and when I ask why they're either like "Cuz I can", "Cuz I wanted to", "That guy killed me and therefor is a hacker". My point is that there's a lot of people that would start joining the votekick wave without even knowing what it's about. "Urrrr, it's not about me, might as well vote yes to kick the person." It's just stupid. Once two or more people start votekicking then more will join. As long as there is more than 2 yes, there is bound to be a person that votes yes just because the others did. In the current state of the game the votekick is discouraged because well, it doesn't work. So all is fine on that front. I can see the good with the votekick...But also the negative.

Let's just agree to disagree. XD

Oh well, hopefully VAC bans will make it easier to keep hackers in control. I really think that if the votekick should be fixed then it needs to be imporved as well, to prevent situations like the ones I've stated. Then again, it could just be me.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRex View Post
    Anybody can tell a hacker from a normal player....
    Actually, they can't. The vast majority of players in this game can't tell the difference between lag and hacking. I know I live in a remote country with poor internet, so my ping is ~400ms most of the time (with little chance of ever getting local servers, even if this game were to gain popularity). Add to that I've been gaming for a long time, so have learned to play well with lag and still score highly (I'm often up the top of the scoreboard somewhere) despite the disadvantages - and you better bet the cheating accusations never stop, since people just don't understand how lag affects online gaming. (You'll be amazed how many people think rubber-banding is speed hacking. >_>)
    If indiscriminate vote-kicking is implemented in this game, I will be bullied out of pretty much every single game because of where I live (which I can't change).

It is extremely hurtful to be playing a game completely above board (in fact, with a major disadvantage) and then see people suddenly voting on you (regardless of whether the kick passes or not). Not everyone has a thick skin. In fact many people will leave a match if even one troll decides to vote-kick them - it makes people feel bad. People play games to have fun, not be cyber-bullied. Vote-kick is a GREAT TOOL FOR TROLLS AND BULLIES - they absolutely love it.

I've been online gaming long enough to see tools like vote-kicking be abused to the point where all the 'nice' people leave (permanently, after a while) and then you are left with just the trolls and nasty community left. I'm not sure how that is beneficial to all players? SirRex is completely right about the 'mob mentality' as well - if a couple of people start voting on someone, often the rest of the team will vote too 'just because' or they find it entertaining. I've seen it happen - many times in other games. I no longer play those games.

As for hackers, kicking them is NOT the responsibility of the player. The player is there to enjoy the game, that's all. It's up to LWM to make sure their game has appropriate anti-cheat software and monitoring to eliminate hackers. Given this game will now have marketable drops, they must be aware that hackers will come pouring out of the woodwork to farm drops to sell? I'm sure plenty of official volunteers would help with this, if LWM needed it.

As for trolls - mute button. Solves all. Trolls shut up pretty quickly (or leave) when they realise they're talking to themselves.

TL;DR: Leave vote-kick out of this game. A lot of the reason why people enjoy this game is because it has a fun, casual, friendly vibe, and it's quite difficult for bullies to abuse and troll people when the only tool they have is word chat. I get that vote-kicking is useful given an ideal world - but we don't live in an ideal world, and it WILL be abused. Liberally. Start putting in tools like vote-kick into this game, and the fun vibe starts will go away pretty quickly, and what you're left with isn't very nice at all - unless your a troll, then it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    **EVERYTHING you said**
    ^ THANK YOU! You are wonderful with words XD You said everything I wanted to but my english fails when it comes to proving a good point XD; We would have troll-heaven if Vote-kick started working and the drops....ah god(had not even thought of that one).....Heck, I'm just going to second everything you said because it's all so true.

Votekick is already implemented in the game, only 1.3 broke it. The community we've had weren't as votekick happy back when it was an option as you guys claim it will be when it is RE-implemented. Only hackers and trolls got kicked, trolls often couldn't get a votekick going because they had no reason that supported their actions. The only people who did it for the wrong reasons were roleplayers when trying to take over a public server, but they have a lot of rp servers now a days so I doubt that will be a problem.

Thread Information