Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tips for playes who suck in aiming as Humans:

Try do some Survival Mode with 5 others and go for the Wave 20 Achievement. The AI Raptors are far less dangerous compared to Player controlled, they are a VERY good way of learning how to properly aim a gun. It sure helped me a lot.

If you still can't hit for ♥♥♥♥, then you could get a faster mouse or increase sensitivity, so you can keep up with the fast turning dinosaurs.
    You Ain't Much If You Ain't Dutch! Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/allyslayernl If you wish to add me to Steam: theslayernl

I have no idea why, but turning off the HUD via f1 improved my aim with the assault rifle, dual colts, and shotgun against smaller dinosaurs. My guess is that having no hitmarker makes it easier to see your target.

MADE BY THE EPIC GIGABYTER! (FORMERLY KNOWN AS REDTHING)

Quote Originally Posted by Primal News (Hemlock) View Post
    I have no idea why, but turning off the HUD via f1 improved my aim with the assault rifle, dual colts, and shotgun against smaller dinosaurs. My guess is that having no hitmarker makes it easier to see your target.
    Yeah, I tested that out on DLG not too long ago and so far, I found out that toggling the HUD makes it easier to get kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyslayernl View Post
    so you can keep up with the fast turning dinosaurs.
    some people just can't comprehend how fast they are moving right now. raptors speeds, along with carnos (not as big as a problem because of its size) are way to fast and need nerfed. though turning off HUD helps, they are still way to fast for a good portion of people, and it contributes to why the dino team is op currently. just yesterday i had no issue decimating a team of humans as novaraptor. (with the exception of dying to a rocket or two)
    R.I.P. David Bowie

Set your DPI to a high setting, or your sensitivity ingame. Aim down sights as much as possible, even is close range.

Bonus beastness achieved.

Don't aim down sights unless you are a sniper or at a medium-long distance from anything. Aiming requires slowness which also lowers you FOV which 80% of the time, get you pounced.

but when does that not happen

hahaha ha

ha

ha....

brb gonna go die

Nah bro, aiming down sights is good in close range too, it's 100% accuracy with no recoil. Makes the commando a killing machine.

My tip is to literally play any other shooter which requires skill, Battlefield, CS:GO or something along those lines. Those games, while not the same style as PC:E will increase your accuracy with the mouse and such, far more than by simply playing this game.

Nah bro, aiming down sights is good in close range too, it's 100% accuracy with no recoil. Makes the commando a killing machine.
    too bad they have no changeable bind for it, I don't like using middle mouse button at all, it sucks
    You Ain't Much If You Ain't Dutch! Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/allyslayernl If you wish to add me to Steam: theslayernl

I am 98.7% sure that ADS is not 100% accurate.

Even if it did, the tunnel vision and slow move speed makes it next to useless.

Quote Originally Posted by John Jurgo View Post

Using a controller, the ADS has helped me significantly. It seems unnecessarily tacked on while using the mmb, but with a controller the ADS feels a lot more practical and useful.
    "time to hunt some dinosaurs" -The only guy who likes playing as humans

Quote Originally Posted by John Jurgo View Post

your correct. it doesn't change spread or even kickback (at least from what I've seen whenever I attmpt to use it.
    I find it completely useless up close as any class. and still pretty crappy at medium range. its only real purpose is for long ranged and controller players.
    R.I.P. David Bowie

Level your aim down to where the bodies of the raptors and spitters are at, then shoot the near instant they run within the shot.

Shoot at the thighs of the carno, it's much easier than hitting its head. (That and the headshot damage multiplier isn't exactly worth going for with those speedy ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s.)

Do the same with what I told you when it comes with fliers, but they can be very unpredictable, so it will take some practice.

With tyrants, stand still as they sprint towards you, then sprint foward (whilst reloading) and leap once they are close enough. Then proceed to circle it as you shoot it's side/thigh. Never the butt when it comes to rexes. (That is, unless you know how to properly keep your distance.) Keep out of the large claw range of spinos by practically crawling up its anus. Stay out of the range of the acros stomp. And sprint to stay behind it as it is doing a sharp turn.

Remember to always lead your shots with faster targets, cause if you try to track them, you're going to have a bad time. Just wait until they stupidly run into your aim.

That's what I do, just lettin' ya know.

EDIT: Oh yeah, don't bother with aiming down your sights. (Unless you're a sniper.) It's pretty much useless.
    Inb4 Devs cave in and turn PC:E into a full-on roleplaying game.

Aiming down sights is holy actually, lol.

I think I'll make a video of me playing commando and trapper. Using their sights is really good.

Aiming down sights is holy actually, lol.

I think I'll make a video of me playing commando and trapper. Using their sights is really good.
    have to agree about the trapper, aiming down sights is fantastic, sont know about the commando since my middle mouse button is broken

Thread Information