Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Carno wouldn't need a spawn limit if something was implement like in 1.3, where they would slow down if they ran too close to one another. It forces a little distance between each carno so humans have a little more time to react, and carnos that do run too close become vulnerable when they lose their charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonvoid View Post
    Carno wouldn't need a spawn limit if something was implement like in 1.3, where they would slow down if they ran too close to one another. It forces a little distance between each carno so humans have a little more time to react, and carnos that do run too close become vulnerable when they lose their charge.
    it would need to be updated from how it was in the old game because it could be used to troll pretty hard. I know i had my fair share of carnos following right behind me, forcing me to slow when I got to the humans. quickly resulting in death because some jerk had to bite RIGHT behind me.

it other words it should slow the carno behind the one in front of it rather than slowing them both.
    R.I.P. David Bowie

Quote Originally Posted by Shenzi Sixaxis View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't be against carnos getting an HP nerf. It always seems like they take just a little too long to kill, especially the stupid ones who run in, stop, walk around chomping the air and headswinging nothing. As a carno, I hardly ever need to actually go heal.

If the roar is changed to be useful, I think I'd seriously insist on them getting a health nerf, actually. That roar offers amazing tanking ability.
    I actually agree with this... I don't think speed or damage needs to be changed necessarily, but survivability (HP) needs to be reduced (I'd vote for as much as halved). At the moment the Carno is more powerful than a tyrant because they are super-fast, can go almost anywhere, and have enormous health. A smart and skilled Carno player will still do extremely well with lower health, but the human team would at least have a fighting chance to end the reign of terror. Players who decide to just run around as Carno without a strategy will get owned...

Just my two cents though. *Walks off muttering to self*

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    I actually agree with this... I don't think speed or damage needs to be changed necessarily, but survivability (HP) needs to be reduced (I'd vote for as much as halved). At the moment the Carno is more powerful than a tyrant because they are super-fast, can go almost anywhere, and have enormous health. A smart and skilled Carno player will still do extremely well with lower health, but the human team would at least have a fighting chance to end the reign of terror. Players who decide to just run around as Carno without a strategy will get owned...

Just my two cents though. *Walks off muttering to self*

Definitely not, half 500 hp is no where near enough for the Carno. That would be two shots from a shotgun or just under one mag for a commando, meaning if you were to run in as a carno, even being hit passively by everyones stray bullets would probably kill a carno if it had 500hp.

The carno is fine, if you don't look at the bull♥♥♥♥ that's going on with the damage dealing. The hp got buffed up to 1000 from 800 for a reason, the carno didn't stand a chance. And now with both commandos and pathys dealing heavy damage, anything below 800 would be useless. The bite needs to be adjusted so that it cannot be used when the carno is going over a certain speed. By adding a speed limit to it the charge-bite-charge instakill won't be working anymore. Also, the charge should launch people to the side of the carno, not in front of it. That would eliminate the double charging. By adding these changes the carno would become the rammer it is supposed to be, medium-high hp, pretty decent damage, and scattering clusters of humans. No nerfing the damage, no nerfing the hp. The carno doesn't NEED to be nerfed, it needs to have better working mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    The carno is fine, if you don't look at the bull♥♥♥♥ that's going on with the damage dealing. The hp got buffed up to 1000 from 800 for a reason, the carno didn't stand a chance. And now with both commandos and pathys dealing heavy damage, anything below 800 would be useless. The bite needs to be adjusted so that it cannot be used when the carno is going over a certain speed. By adding a speed limit to it the charge-bite-charge instakill won't be working anymore. Also, the charge should launch people to the side of the carno, not in front of it. That would eliminate the double charging. By adding these changes the carno would become the rammer it is supposed to be, medium-high hp, pretty decent damage, and scattering clusters of humans. No nerfing the damage, no nerfing the hp. The carno doesn't NEED to be nerfed, it needs to have better working mechanics.
    this guy gets it. though I still think that the turn radius while sprinting or the momentum built/loss can be made slower if the carno continues being an issue after the fixes to its attacks.
    R.I.P. David Bowie

It really depends on how the devs 'want' the Carno to be used in the game. Currently I use it as a 'hit and run' class, so charge into a group of humans and out of line of sight, then around for another charge or two before healing. Even with Commandos and Pathfinders firing away in a group, I lose 200hp or less per charge. If you change the way the class works, then the 1000hp may be justified, but right now it's immensely OP with that huge health pool.

At any rate, if the devs could implement HP scaling (where HP scales depending on how many people are on the server) that would pretty much deal with the problem anyway. Carnos are currently a nightmare in small games with just a few people either side...

1. Add a carno limit. 1 per 3 humans.
    OR
    2. Make it heal from carcasses a lot slower, therefore it would give humans a break from Carnos for longer.
    OR
    3. Decrease Carnos health to 800. The reason why it was underpowered the last time it had 800 health was because it was slowed down as well. But now it's at a good speed with great stamina AND the healing speed was increased since then so 800 health is easily justifiable.

MADE BY THE EPIC GIGABYTER! (FORMERLY KNOWN AS REDTHING)

Quote Originally Posted by Primal News (Hemlock) View Post
    1. Add a carno limit. 1 per 3 humans.
    OR
    2. Make it heal from carcasses a lot slower, therefore it would give humans a break from Carnos for longer.
    OR
    3. Decrease Carnos health to 800. The reason why it was underpowered the last time it had 800 health was because it was slowed down as well. But now it's at a good speed with great stamina AND the healing speed was increased since then so 800 health is easily justifiable.
    was not a fan of slow healing in the old game. that should stay in the old game.

the limit would work, now that i think about it, tyrants could use a stricter limit too.

lets not decrease the hp again. the carnos current speed, damage, and attacks would still make it op. cutting hp away won't help.
    R.I.P. David Bowie

I agree with the limit and slower carcass healing rate. What makes a carno so formidable is that it can heal quick and jump right back into to battle to continue the onslaught, and large groups of carnos are trouble. Maybe experimenting with these two options should happen first before going straight to nerfing HP

so has the open test build carno been nerfed in the agility and speed department and is still op? because thats the vibe I'm picking up (haven't been in primal carnage open testing branch for 3 weeks.)
    R.I.P. David Bowie

As of the recent build, no changes have been made to the Carnotaurus.

ah, well, then the problem is still the same as of the current version of the game.
    its mobility is the issue.
    it speeds up and slows down to fast. it turns to fast while sprinting, and its charge being able to knock being backwords and forwords are the main issues. not its healing speed or hp.
    R.I.P. David Bowie

Quote Originally Posted by Jaml655 View Post
    As of the recent build, no changes have been made to the Carnotaurus.
    LOL. Carno should have been nerfed months ago. Lowering the health would at least be a good temporary fix until it could be looked more closely at. I don't like the idea of a spawn limit as the permanent way of bringing balance. I think the devs should look at how 1.3 carno functions. It's not a class you can just carelessly run into battle with like the PCE carno and survive, yet it is strong in the hands of someone with care and practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Chojnowski View Post
    ah, well, then the problem is still the same as of the current version of the game.
    its mobility is the issue.
    it speeds up and slows down to fast. it turns to fast while sprinting, and its charge being able to knock being backwords and forwords are the main issues. not its healing speed or hp.
    It's mobility is not an issue either, it's purely the the bite charge and the double charge, if you need it too hard for example the agility, then the class would become unplayable

Thread Information