Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hyping intensefies must get ticket for hype train

invalid signiture space please refrain from saying goose otherwise the world might explode

Guys, PLEASE make an account and join, I've had so much fun, and devs are more social then ever!

Even if they don't wanna be >:)

Welp, we have 40 taunts, done by Storm.

4 of em are legendary, seems like the crazy taunts will be legendary or rare, so it's less immersion breaking

I think the editor migt allow taunts to be made right?
    UndyingWladeslausToday at 8:36 PM
    so, actually, taunt kills probably shouldn't be a thing ��
    ApocToday at 8:36 PM
    @r3dth1ng Theoretically, yes
    But to make animations for our dinosaurs, you would need access to the skeleton/rig source
    r3dth1ngToday at 8:37 PM
    yeah I guess
    but aren't we aloud that, to do like videos
    UndyingWladeslausToday at 8:37 PM
    oh yeah, will humans also share taunts, since some might have the same skeleton?
    You're allowed to do whatever you want as long as you aren't selling our content to third parties and things like that
    HemlockToday at 8:38 PM
    Does one of the animations contain a dinosaur or human doing the thriller?
    ApocToday at 8:38 PM
    If you modelled your own dinosaur and animated it, you could import it in and put it on workshop
    Though you couldn't really use it
    The editor does -not- give you the ability to create new classes or gamemodes
    RedDevilToday at 8:38 PM
    Will weather and lighting be something that can be altered in the editor?
    ApocToday at 8:39 PM
    You can create simple "gamemodes" using Kismet, but not a true gamemode
    Lighting most certainly
    Weather, sure
    but it's not that straight forward

"Hmm, well, humans have had ♥♥♥♥ty animations for a year, and since animation is expensive, lets use our money on 40 ♥♥♥♥ing taunt animations and not the much needed animations!"

Quote Originally Posted by John Jurgo View Post
    "Hmm, well, humans have had ♥♥♥♥ty animations for a year, and since animation is expensive, lets use our money on 40 ♥♥♥♥ing taunt animations and not the much needed animations!"
    Human's are getting taunt animations too, but yeah, would be nice to have better human animations.

MADE BY THE EPIC GIGABYTER! (FORMERLY KNOWN AS REDTHING)

In the jurassic, watching this computer the humans gave me.
    They'd better refer to this video if they even think about making more taunts.

'Nuff said about that.

"Those dang T-rex wanna-be class players!"

Wow, that rex had some serious booty shaking skills.

Primal Carnage Team
    Because getting a handful of taunts done is still substantially easier and cheaper than re-doing hundreds of animations, plus re-doing scaling, movement, animation trees, weapon animations, syncing animations with 1p anims etc that is requires...

...40 ♥♥♥♥ing taunt animations...
    Well I guess this will officially become a role-play game lol.

Primal Carnage Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonvoid View Post
    Well I guess this will officially become a role-play game lol.
    Feel free to join the chat and discuss what else we're working on (or check our roadmap or open testing) if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex Terror View Post
    They'd better refer to this video if they even think about making more taunts.

'Nuff said about that.
    Ahh, that. Sweet memories.

I might take a look on this Discord thing.

Steam Profile: Sagasol ----- My Art Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GigaByter (Redthing) View Post
    I think I'm addicted to that song Urano, O_o, what have you done?!?

OT;
    Toa join the damn discord, we need all the edgy kids asap!
    I don't have the time for that right now. I am currently preoccupied with Wrestling, so I don't have the time for PCE or Discord right now. Hopefully I will so I can check all the progress the devs made.

(FLoFF) Floofie: I fear that person with my life

Quote Originally Posted by Wraiyth View Post
    Because getting a handful of taunts done is still substantially easier and cheaper than re-doing hundreds of animations, plus re-doing scaling, movement, animation trees, weapon animations, syncing animations with 1p anims etc that is requires...
    Humans animations would be much easier to be done if every human had unique and useful skeleton, yeah, it still requires a lot of work, but you wouldn't be limited because of one very basic skeleton like humans have now. Maybe our scientist would stop clipping her fingers through magazine every time she reloads rilfe for example.

I wonder if you will redo those humans aniamtions at all. If you did taunts on such basic human skeleton, you would never improve basic humans animations, this will be another thing in "why we are not going to improve humans animations" list.

And I agree with John Jurgo, you have something more important to improve, than creating taunt animations. I assume you have dinosaur taunt animations done, I don't mind adding them in a game, but human animations need serious improvement.

Primal Carnage Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewiatan4 View Post
    Humans animations would be much easier to be done if every human had unique and useful skeleton, yeah, it still requires a lot of work, but you wouldn't be limited because of one very basic skeleton like humans have now. Maybe our scientist would stop clipping her fingers through magazine every time she reloads rilfe for example.

I wonder if you will redo those humans aniamtions at all. If you did taunts on such basic human skeleton, you would never improve basic humans animations, this will be another thing in "why we are not going to improve humans animations" list.

And I agree with John Jurgo, you have something more important to improve, than creating taunt animations. I assume you have dinosaur taunt animations done, I don't mind adding them in a game, but human animations need serious improvement.
    Na, each one having a unique skeleton would make it HARDER to do it, because it would increase the number of animations required substantially. There's a reason that shared skeletons are the standard in game dev.
    Its not as simple as just... re-doing animations. There's other substantial work that is required as well. Re-doing everything is a massive and costly undertaking as opposed to just having a dozen new, simple animations made.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraiyth View Post
    Re-doing everything is a massive and costly undertaking as opposed to just having a dozen new, simple animations made.
    Or 3.3 dozen in this case.

Official human-hogger (mostly).

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alijar View Post
    Or 3.3 dozen in this case.
    To be fair, most of the default taunts are recycled idle animations that were already used in the class selection, just with minor tweaks and some new sounds. So there's not been as much new animation work needed as you might think.

Thread Information