Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Primal Carnage Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Alijar View Post
    Or 3.3 dozen in this case.
    The dinos have more taunts than the humans. I think between them there are 10 Human taunts.

Again, we've said it time and time again, we'd love to re-do the Human animations but its a MASSIVE undertaking. The scale and scope of work for a handful of taunt animations is on a completely different scale to re-doing every single Human animation in the game. Not sure how we can better explain the scope or cost of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraiyth View Post
    Not sure how we can better explain the scope or cost of work.
    Don't worry, you don't have to, I'd rather better gameplay then animations, I'm more of a gameplay>graphics guy myself, but I do thoroughly enjoy both.

I would just like to chime in here on the question as to why we aren't addressing existing animations before taunts. First off, as Wraiyth has said, taunts are significantly easier to implement in game, and many people have said they're looking forward to them. Redoing human animations is not entirely out of the question, but it certainly isn't something that's happening anytime soon. Each human would require new walk, run, jump, crouch, and strafe movements, as well as a full new set of weapon animations (equip, unequip, fire, load, reload, etc. for EVERY gun) - not to mention a new set of melee attacks for all non-firearms. Don't forget healing, restocking ammo, and being attacked/eaten/carried/dropped by dinosaurs. Now multiply all of this by five for every human class. It adds up to well over a hundred new animations.

And that's just the animation side of it. Ideally, we would need newly skinned rigs for all the humans, as the current ones are fairly limited in what I can do with them (e.g. no facial controls, limited joint movement, skinning issues, etc.) All sounds would need to be synced up with the new movements. Everything would need to be re-coded into the game. Any human-dinosaur interaction (such as being eaten) would need to be tweaked to match.

In short, it's an insanely large amount of work. As I said before, I certainly don't think it's out of the question that these will be addressed someday, but in the meantime, we can provide an entertaining new feature to the game that will service both Deathmatch and Roleplay alike.

So in other words humans animations won't be improved at all. With taunts you added more animations which would have to be redone if you wanted to redo human animations. But I stop asking about it, because it's clear you are not going to do this and I don't think it will happen in the next year or at all.

By the way, I hope the killcam will work properly in the patch with taunts finally, otherwise it is pointless. Enemy I defeated wouldn't see my taunt.

I cannot join Discord today. Does anyone have the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewiatan4 View Post
    I cannot join Discord today. Does anyone have the same problem?
    really slow to open(for the whatever reason) a few f5 resolved for me

Eh, I spent 1 hour trying to join Discord. It's not working at all.

I'm using the desktop application and it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    I'm using the desktop application and it works fine.
    I'm using Chrome browser. It worked flawlessly yesterday.

I'm using firefox. It worked fine before and I'm having the same problem.

Thread Information