Close

Fix the official servers please.

Most, if not all, official servers still allow 1 team to have 2 more then the other. I am sure it was mentioned some time ago that this was fixed to be set to 1 instead of 2. It seem it still is not, Auto Balance only kicks in if team gets 3 more then other team.

As little side question, ever considered taking Admins to remove those who constantly switch teams which unbalances the game and ruins the fun, on official servers? I been having some experience in that on my own server, wouldn't mind helping out to make sure everyone gets a chance to play dinosaur instead of only those who switch.
    You Ain't Much If You Ain't Dutch! Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/allyslayernl If you wish to add me to Steam: theslayernl

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyslayernl View Post
    I am sure it was mentioned some time ago that this was fixed to be set to 1 instead of 2. It seem it still is not, Auto Balance only kicks in if team gets 3 more then other team.
    If you're referring to MaxTeamSizeDifference, I suggested changing the setting and was shot down. Apparently the system doesn't work like that, even though it very much looks like it does. I don't know exactly why, but it didn't end up happening. The autobalance system itself is and always has been terrible, but a ray of hope is that it's slated to get redone next month.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosauriac View Post
    If you're referring to MaxTeamSizeDifference, I suggested changing the setting and was shot down. Apparently the system doesn't work like that, even though it very much looks like it does. I don't know exactly why, but it didn't end up happening. The autobalance system itself is and always has been terrible, but a ray of hope is that it's slated to get redone next month.
    That is weird, on my server its set to 1 and it kicks in if 1 team gets 2 more then the other, on official it kicks in if team gets 3 more, I run my server using a .bat file. If they say it doesn't work like that, it sounds to me like they don't want to change it, as MaxTeamSizeDifference does work. Set it to 1 and teams are allowed to be 7 vs 6 but AB kicks in if it reaches 8 vs 6. Official have it set to 2 as teams are allow to be 8 vs 6 and AB kicks in if 9 vs 6.
    You Ain't Much If You Ain't Dutch! Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/allyslayernl If you wish to add me to Steam: theslayernl

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyslayernl View Post
    If they say it doesn't work like that, it sounds to me like they don't want to change it
    Could've been it.
    #LazyLogan :P

Quote Originally Posted by dinosauriac View Post
    There is a trello card by me in general bugs of qa trello(unless it was moved but you can still search my name for it) that explains exactly why this happens and I think it was explained why it can't be fixed yet.

The max team difference *should* be reduced until they can define team 0, 1 and spectator better in the code.
    Last edited by Cykotyk; 02-01-2016 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cykotyk View Post
    There is a trello card by me in general bugs of qa trello(unless it was moves but you can still search my name for it) that explains exactly why this happens and I think it was explained why it can't be fixed yet.

The max team difference *should* be reduced until they can define team 0, 1 and spectator better in the code.
    Then I wonder why my server that runs using a .bat file and uses the PCServer-PrimalCarnageGame.ini settings DOES in fact take MaxTeamSizeDifference=1. The officials clearly have it set to 2, it does work, I don't get why my server works and your official ones don't, my console shows Team0 and Team1.

Feel free to join my server, TheSlayerNL's EU TDM Server (Team Switching Not Allowed), and see how it does work on my server.
    Last edited by TheSlayerNL; 01-31-2016 at 10:00 AM.

Thread Information