Close
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Editor Questions/Issues - Q&A

Have any questions about anything relating to level design? Ask them here and one of us will post the answer for everyone to read.

Waiting in my couch until the entire world can accept dinosaurs for how they really were.
    Sorry if this seems a silly question (I'm a little bit confused)
    Is the editor actually out now, and if so where can I get acces to it?

Philosoraptor
    I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time
    Will we have to texture(draw) the map?

When I try and launch the editor I see "Launch SDK and Launch Workshop editor." What is the difference between the two?
    Click the egg and obtain a raisin!

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoraptyrex View Post
    Sorry if this seems a silly question (I'm a little bit confused)
    Is the editor actually out now, and if so where can I get acces to it?
    The editor is ready to go, but we're waiting on Valve to make it public for anyone. For now we're just handing out keys manually- PM me on Discord for a key.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker™ View Post
    Will we have to texture(draw) the map?
    Not really. It's good to sketch a layout of your map before starting on it, but it's not a requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyThePug✧・゚:* View Post
    When I try and launch the editor I see "Launch SDK and Launch Workshop editor." What is the difference between the two?
    The SDK is the editor. The workshop (it's not ready yet) tool will let you upload it to Steam Workshop.

So uh, whenever I launch the SDK steam says I'm in it and I see it on the task manager but nothing shows up. Is there any reason why I this is happening?
    Click the egg and obtain a raisin!

Primal Carnage Team
    It could just be taking a long time to launch. Do you have it in your task manager? Sort by CPU usage and you might see the shader compiling working.

Philosoraptor
    I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time
    Nevermind I got help for this problem.

what do i click to set looping

invalid signiture space please refrain from saying goose otherwise the world might explode

^^ wondering this as well, in the kismet after i have sorted the animations out and such, i will connect the completed section of the matinee back to the start, however the animation does not repeat, i have tried to change the timings and such to try and make it work however the animation will play once and then the dinosaur will freeze again

When I launch the SDK it says it failed to start game due to an unknown error. I've tried verifying the files and everything came back okay. Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask.

Annabelles Nokill/Rp Server with da Raptors
    How do you view your skins in the extinction editor? Also i get an error when typing into filter "nothing to show check filter"

Quote Originally Posted by PandaSwag View Post
    ^^ wondering this as well, in the kismet after i have sorted the animations out and such, i will connect the completed section of the matinee back to the start, however the animation does not repeat, i have tried to change the timings and such to try and make it work however the animation will play once and then the dinosaur will freeze again
    Try click on the Matinee node in Kismet and check "Looping" in the properties.

Quote Originally Posted by FlooFlop View Post
    When I launch the SDK it says it failed to start game due to an unknown error. I've tried verifying the files and everything came back okay. Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask.
    Do you have an antivirus?

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle View Post
    How do you view your skins in the extinction editor? Also i get an error when typing into filter "nothing to show check filter"
    You can drag a skeletal mesh into a map and apply the skin by dragging the skin into the mesh or opening up that meshes's settings and adding the materials under the "Rendering" tab.

Annabelles Nokill/Rp Server with da Raptors
    Did as you said in the stream but didnt work

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Managed to fix it. how do you set a spawn point? in your stream you seem to make it appear magically

Open the content browser, go to the "Actor Classes" tab, and search for PCPlayerStart and drag it in. After you add, move, or remove any spawnpoints- make sure you build paths. There's an icon for it in the top middle of the editor toolbar.

Thread Information