Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Annabelles Nokill/Rp Server with da Raptors
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    Open the content browser, go to the "Actor Classes" tab, and search for PCPlayerStart and drag it in. After you add, move, or remove any spawnpoints- make sure you build paths. There's an icon for it in the top middle of the editor toolbar.
    I did that when I join its just a black start i think thats to do with lighting. Also I cant seem to paint stuff like mountains or anything kike that I select brush and click height map but nothing. Also how would I make it so players dont fall through the map?

I want fences I typed it in but it says nothing to show check filter ;/

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Managed to fix it just waiting for Workshop to upload my map to my server

Waiting in my couch until the entire world can accept dinosaurs for how they really were.
    Got some questions for some stuff I encountered while fumbling around:
    1. Is it possible to make your own animations with the editor (like a new taunt for example) or not? And if so, how?

2. Can you implement self-made textures into the editor? I wanted to put up billboards with images I made myself providing some dino-killing propaganda, but couldn't really find a way to do this.

3. Where can I find the health/ammo crates and the dino carcasses? I've looked everywhere but couldn't find them. Or can I just copy them from other maps? And if I can, do they retain the health/ammo recovery?

4. Is there a way I can set up kill-zones aside from the "die if you go lower than X"? Like the electrical generators on Ruthless next to that one capture point that used to kill players if you got dropped on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoraptyrex View Post
    Got some questions for some stuff I encountered while fumbling around:
    1. Is it possible to make your own animations with the editor (like a new taunt for example) or not? And if so, how?
    Technically yes, but it requires having access to certain source files that we haven't released at this time. If or when we do, it'd require animation experience in Maya.

2. Can you implement self-made textures into the editor? I wanted to put up billboards with images I made myself providing some dino-killing propaganda, but couldn't really find a way to do this.
    Yes. You can create your own package and import your own textures into it. Along with that, you can create new Material Instances to use your textures with. In the Master Shaders package, you can use the M_MasterShaderProp or M_MasterShaderProp_Masked (For anything transparent) as the 'parent' in your Material Instance. We'll provide more tutorials on that soon.

3. Where can I find the health/ammo crates and the dino carcasses? I've looked everywhere but couldn't find them. Or can I just copy them from other maps? And if I can, do they retain the health/ammo recovery?
    You can certainly copy them from other maps if you like. Search for "Health", "Ammo", or "Corpse" in the Actor Classes tab in the Content Browser. You just drag those into your level.

4. Is there a way I can set up kill-zones aside from the "die if you go lower than X"? Like the electrical generators on Ruthless next to that one capture point that used to kill players if you got dropped on them.
    That's a physics volume. You move the builder brush (the red box in the center of your level) around the area you want your kill zone to be. On the left side of the editor, there's a blue 3D cube under "volumes" that will let you add a physics volume where your builder brush is.

How do I set fog like the fog density command?

You modify the values in the ExponentialHeightFog actor. There's one already in the template maps, it's the grey bird icon up above the white platform.

You modify the values in the ExponentialHeightFog actor. There's one already in the template maps, it's the grey bird icon up above the white platform.
    So what is the setting to make it super fogy like fogdensity 1? I played around with it but didnt do anything but I did set fogdensity 1 manually ocne that may be why I cannot see it. Also how do you spawn in swimable water?

So I finally got in the editor and accidentally removed the textures for everything, made it look like basic testing. I can't get it to go back, any fixes?
    Click the egg and obtain a raisin!

Could you provide some more information on that?

Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Cluster, Local Supercluster, Universe
    When I double-click on a mesh to add an extra material, instead of the mesh menu I get the AnimSet editor menu. Is there another way to open the mesh menu? Or what did I do wrong? (Tried it for the Ovi, but I'm running into the same problem with the nova)

Edit: Nevermind. Already discovered what I did wrong

Could you provide some more information on that?
    On steam to add swimmable water you said its a brush. How do I get the brush to paint the water?

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle View Post
    On steam to add swimmable water you said its a brush. How do I get the brush to paint the water?
    It's not something you "paint".. a brush in this instance refers to a "volume", basically a cube that you drag around an area that changes the physics inside it. If you look in the actor classes tab of the content browser the specific volume type is PCWaterVolume.

Open up the Basic Testing map to have a look at an example you could copy/paste into your own map. It can be a bit of a hassle, since there's multiple brush volumes involved. The post process volume adds the blur effect, PCWaterVolume changes up the physics, reverb volume changes the sound when underwater, and you might want to add a height fog if the water's deep as well. We're covering things like this in detail on the Extinction dev wiki, it's just taking a while to write it all up.

While the wiki is being written up, are there any good online resources for explaining how the splines work for creating vines and rivers?

How could I get grass like I just edit the land scape and simply get grass as the landscape. All I can find is sand

What is the door that opens called? and how would I set it up?

Thread Information