Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle View Post
    What is the door that opens called? and how would I set it up?
    Initial Setup:

1. Find object that you want to use as the door and place it/tweak it until you like the positioning (personally, I used 'SM_OuterFenceGate_Door').
    2. Right click the door, and select, 'Convert... Mover'.
    3. Open your Content Browser and go to the 'Actor Classes' menu at the top, and search for "Trigger". Place it in your scene and scale it, etc.
    4. Click on your trigger, and then click on the green K (Kismet) next to the Content Browser icon.
    5. With your trigger still selected, right click on the blank, grey area inside Kismet and select, 'New Event Using Trigger {your trigger number here} > Touch'.
    6. Once again in the blank area, right click and click on, 'New Matinee'.
    7. Connect the 'touched' state on your trigger to the 'play' state on the matinee.

Animating:
    1. Right click on your new Matinee object inside Kismet, and press 'Open UnrealMatinee'.
    2. Select your door in UDK and return to Matinee. Right click on the dark grey panel to the left of the timeline, 'Add New Empty Group' and name it.
    3. Now, right clicking on the group folder that you just made, select 'Add New Movement Track'.
    4. Add a keyframe (top left icon under file, looks like a little corner thingy). This is your base position for the door.
    5. Move the scrub along your timeline and rotate/move your door, and add another keyframe. At this point, you should have hopefully grasped the idea of how the animating process works and I will leave that experimenting to you!

This is just a basic system, and should hopefully work if you followed all my steps (and I haven't forgotten anything!). Have fun.

Annabelles Nokill/Rp Server with da Raptors
    Quote Originally Posted by nanotyrano View Post
    Initial Setup:

1. Find object that you want to use as the door and place it/tweak it until you like the positioning (personally, I used 'SM_OuterFenceGate_Door').
    2. Right click the door, and select, 'Convert... Mover'.
    3. Open your Content Browser and go to the 'Actor Classes' menu at the top, and search for "Trigger". Place it in your scene and scale it, etc.
    4. Click on your trigger, and then click on the green K (Kismet) next to the Content Browser icon.
    5. With your trigger still selected, right click on the blank, grey area inside Kismet and select, 'New Event Using Trigger {your trigger number here} > Touch'.
    6. Once again in the blank area, right click and click on, 'New Matinee'.
    7. Connect the 'touched' state on your trigger to the 'play' state on the matinee.

Animating:
    1. Right click on your new Matinee object inside Kismet, and press 'Open UnrealMatinee'.
    2. Select your door in UDK and return to Matinee. Right click on the dark grey panel to the left of the timeline, 'Add New Empty Group' and name it.
    3. Now, right clicking on the group folder that you just made, select 'Add New Movement Track'.
    4. Add a keyframe (top left icon under file, looks like a little corner thingy). This is your base position for the door.
    5. Move the scrub along your timeline and rotate/move your door, and add another keyframe. At this point, you should have hopefully grasped the idea of how the animating process works and I will leave that experimenting to you!

This is just a basic system, and should hopefully work if you followed all my steps (and I haven't forgotten anything!). Have fun.
    Thanks, I'll try it later. Also do you know how to add grass? I cannot seem to find a grass material whatsoever

Hmm, you're right. It's strange, but if you search for textures instead of materials, a few results turn up. My guess is that you might have to convert those textures into materials for the time being (look up 'creating materials udk' in google) while we try and find the original materials.

Quote Originally Posted by nanotyrano View Post
    Hmm, you're right. It's strange, but if you search for textures instead of materials, a few results turn up. My guess is that you might have to convert those textures into materials for the time being (look up 'creating materials udk' in google) while we try and find the original materials.
    Naybe like the skin method when you convert textures into materials?

Does anyone know how to set up a basic gttc map?

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    Apoc's stream is the closest you'll get to a guide... https://youtu.be/EsHuinv8knw

GTTC isn't exactly a "basic" game mode, though. Expect lots of fiddling with kismet.

My GTTC map took about 4 weeks to complete. I didn't know much about kismet and matinee when I started so that's how "basic" a GTTC map can be

Sooo umm I tried your door method just couldnt figure it out. Any video on this ? makes it much easier to see something than hear it

I'm working on a feathered Novaraptor skin, but I want to use the falcon raptor feathers on it, but the mesh currently has the classic feathers attached to it.

How do I take off one feather set attachment, and put on the set I want to use?

EDIT: sorry, wrong section opened

Is there anyway to just place down foiliage with a tool? Question 2: how do I add a day and night cycle Question 3: How can I add snow fall?

Is there anyway to just place down foiliage with a tool?
    Using foliage is well documented here: http://primalcarnage.com/devwiki/ind...Editor_Foliage

You can use the foliage paint tool, but it's not a good idea for anything more complex than simple bushes / grass. And if you want them to be interactive you need to place them by hand. Have fun.

Question 2: how do I add a day and night cycle
    You really shouldn't attempt this, we're still tracking down rendering problems with the dynamic sky on FR-Island, and that map was created in a very specific way from the start, bearing several technical considerations in mind for it to even be able to run.

Question 3: How can I add snow fall?
    http://primalcarnage.com/devwiki/ind...rticle_Effects

You basically need a grid of particle emitters placed above your map, try not to have them overlap each other. You could copy in the setup from a map like Ubase Snow to save time.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosauriac View Post
    Using foliage is well documented here: http://primalcarnage.com/devwiki/ind...Editor_Foliage

You can use the foliage paint tool, but it's not a good idea for anything more complex than simple bushes / grass. And if you want them to be interactive you need to place them by hand. Have fun.

You really shouldn't attempt this, we're still tracking down rendering problems with the dynamic sky on FR-Island, and that map was created in a very specific way from the start, bearing several technical considerations in mind for it to even be able to run.

http://primalcarnage.com/devwiki/ind...rticle_Effects

You basically need a grid of particle emitters placed above your map, try not to have them overlap each other. You could copy in the setup from a map like Ubase Snow to save time.
    Thanks. Also how do you make it so post process volume works? i want to add it inside the water volume so it works I did it but it doesnt work.

Waiting in my couch until the entire world can accept dinosaurs for how they really were.
    I've been having a problem with the skins I'm making with the overlay system, namely that the texture seems flat compared to already existing skins.
    Example:
    My skin I'm working on.

An existing skin

As you can see the scales in the existing skin have a depth to them that mine lacks. I tried using different formats for importing, as well as different sizes of my file but can't seem to get the detailed base the other skins have. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Philosoraptor
    I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time
    I too have this problem. I cannot figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker™ View Post
    I too have this problem. I cannot figure it out.
    Have you followed the instructions here...?
    http://primalcarnage.com/devwiki/ind..._Skin_Creation

I would hazard a guess that the diffuse overlay parameter isn't ticked on and the overlay is in the base texture slot. Shouldn't be an issue if you created a MIC from an existing skin, but I can't really tell what else could be going wrong without a screenshot of your material setup.

Thread Information