Close
Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

The Isle thread 2.0

Okay, I made this thread to discuss ONLY the game and its content. No salt or harsh for the devs or stuff like that. If you want to rage against them then make your own thread.
    What's your favorite class and why? Mine is Galli because I can outrun most predators and I don't need to kill to gain food. Of course I can't wait for the Quetz to be added, but I feel that right now the food change lacks small preys for it. The devs should add small animals like lizards and frogs that roam around the map as a reiable source of food for smaller carnivores and for the Quetz.

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    Needs more Titanoboa. I've been gathering cool sounding hisses for a while now and the thing still hasn't slithered into the game :P

Quote Originally Posted by dinosauriac View Post
    Needs more Titanoboa. I've been gathering cool sounding hisses for a while now and the thing still hasn't slithered into the game :P
    cant wait to play around with that, but i'm looking forward to the deinosuchus quite a bit more.

Before re-opening a closed thread, please do send me a pm next time. The "Ark: Survival Evolved" thread got a second chance, therefore I don't see why this one should not get one as well.

Many thanks to Cykotyk for this awesome signature!

Chasing down dryos as a raptor. I never like joining packs/gangs, most people are too loud and scare away prey, or too stupid and run down prey instead of ambushing it.

Not to mention how many times I've died due to idiot pack/gang mates biting me whilst hunting some prey.
    Inb4 Devs cave in and turn PC:E into a full-on roleplaying game.

I don't have the Isle yet, so I'm not sure if my comment counts, but I think I would be a dryosaurus player. I'm usually the small and fast animal
    "Juvia lives for the ones that she loves! You've got to as well. If you have love in your life, you must keep on living!”

Quote Originally Posted by crockodille View Post
    cant wait to play around with that, but i'm looking forward to the deinosuchus quite a bit more.
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm more excited about tribals myself (regular tribals, not the hellspawn known as cannibals).

Humans, I need to go raptor clubbing.

Philosoraptor
    I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time
    Just give me the fast mutant and a wooden club then I'm good to go.

I feel like I have/will have too many dino games. If I bought isle it would be my 6th dino game. I need to slow down a bitm

Quote Originally Posted by Joker™ View Post
    Just give me the fast mutant and a wooden club then I'm good to go.

I feel like I have/will have too many dino games. If I bought isle it would be my 6th dino game. I need to slow down a bitm
    NEVER! You can NEVER have enough dinos!
    "Juvia lives for the ones that she loves! You've got to as well. If you have love in your life, you must keep on living!”

Ha it's funny after Sanguis closed the previous thread I considered asking if there'd be any point in doing a second attempt at the Isle, unlike the first Ark which if I remember right was closed cause people kept going off topic, the Isle thread was closed for more "tension" reasons.

By the way how are peoples play-styles as carnivores, I've played mostly as Rex but I'm well, pretty bad at it. I don't have the heart to go wreck someone else's game, (unless they're a git). Half the time I'm sitting at the edge of a lake looking at the herbivores wanting to hunt but at the same time don't have the heart xD
    Don't point out I should go herbivore please -.-
    Edit: oh wait I forget about humans, I'll have no problems hunting them.
    What?

my biggest problems with the games current state is the lack of the progression system and the weird way dondi is trying to balance the therizinosaurus.
    rex herds have become so much more common since they're turning speed was buffed (which it didnt need).
    theri balance rant:
    as for theri, it's a large tier herbivore and still has trouble defending itself from lower tiered carnivores like the austro and carno. and for whatever reason it has less hp than the diablo... (theri is 810, diablo is 900) (raptor can kill a theri in one pounce.... big issue) and there are two very simple ways to fix it (dondi really seems to like ignoring easy solutions) before, when it was first added, theri was op due to one fact. it was super fast (which it still is) dondi fixed it by "lowering its hp and damage just a bit" (when in reality he cut both damage and hp right in half)

the only thing theri needs/needed was a speed nerf and a turning buff. now it needs both of those and an hp buff to at least 1,000 hp or more.

:rant over

I really like how diablo is now. a herd of them can actually fend off a rex or two. they can defend themselves from carnos and raptors as they should, and to a smart rex they are still an easy meal (provided they are in small numbers)
    R.I.P. David Bowie

I hope Quetzalcoatlus doesn't become over popular. We wouldn't want huge flocks of noobs diving at us constantly. Then again, I think they have the pterosaurs covered

Well every time a new creature comes out, many people come to play that creature, and considering it's 1 of the most wanted creatures and it's the first flyer. Expect tons of people playing it for the next few months of it's release.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguis View Post
    Before re-opening a closed thread, please do send me a pm next time. The "Ark: Survival Evolved" thread got a second chance, therefore I don't see why this one should not get one as well.
    I was actually going to pm you about getting the thread unlocked or something, but it seems like someone beat me to the punch (Albeit without permission).

Thread Information