Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Primal Carnage Team

Build 6405 Released

Hi all!

We're releasing a new build of Open Testing today. See below for the changelog.

Accessing the build
    Open Testing now has its own App ID on Steam! You can find "Primal Carnage Extinction Open Testing" in your games list. The initial download for this build will be around 7.5gb but patches will be smaller.

Server
    We're running an official open testing server called "PCE Official Open Testing" in the US region. You can join the official open testing server by connecting to IP Address 192.223.31.152 or finding it in the server browser.

Feedback
    Please provide feedback on the build and your thoughts as per the thread Apoc has made. When giving feedback on a specific build, also ensure you include the build number in your post title.

Important Build Notes
    Quick Melee is not set up for all classes yet, so some classes may not fully work
    SPAS12 was accidentally given to the Commando instead of the Pathfinder.

Changes
    Started adding new weapons for the Feb update! Note that all the weapons are at different stages of development, so some are still visually incomplete, lacking effects, animations or just non-functional, so please tailor any feedback accordingly

SPAS12 - Accidentally given to Commando, should be Pathfinder. Mostly complete.
    M4 - Commando. Mostly complete, still needs animation work
    Double Barrel Shotgun - Pathfinder. Mostly complete.
    Machete - Pathfinder. Functional but very early.
    Glock - Various classes. Functional, but no visuals.

Cattle Prod, Dynamite and Stun Gun are still being worked on and not available.

Fixed a bunch of missing physical materials on Docks, meaning footstep effects, impact effects on lots of areas should be better.
    Fixed some issues with various weapon muzzle flashes
    Fixed adminlogout command causing suicide
    Fixed incorrect economy URL, now points to the new more reliable servers
    Fixed some collision issues on Forest Chasm

Added !setscale admin command
    Added !sethealth admin command
    Added a warning for the admin announcement if the message length is too long
    Added FR-Island
    Added quick melee for all Human classes. Bound to Middle Mouse.

Set up zooming/scoping functionality as a proper alternate fire. Weapons with a proper secondary fire (ie Assault Rifle, Flamesaw) will no longer be able to zoom/scope. All other weapons will have proper scoping/iron sights, or a simple zoom. We'll work on refining these over the next few update, including appropriate bullet spread changes.

BALANCE CHANGES

Flamesaw now always sets target on fire.
    Added Jump Delay to all classes
    Flamesaw Saw Damage - 180 > 215
    Shotgun Increased spread from 0.07>0.2
    Lowered Raptor AlignToPounce lerp speed from 200 to 50
    Increased Raptor Jump stamina cost from 7.5 to 10
    Carno MinimumChargeDamage 40>30
    Carno Acceleration 400>300
    Ptera StaminaDegenerationRate 12>6
    Ptera AirSpeed 375>300
    Ptera SprintSpeedPct 2.3>2.5
    Ptera SprintAcceleration 512>756
    Tupa AirSpeed 475>325
    Tupa SprintSpeedPct 2.3>2.5
    Tupa StaminaDegeneratationRate 12>10
    Tupa MinimumChargeDamage 25
    Tupa MaximumChargeDamage 75
    Desert Eagle FireInterval 0.5>0.8
    Desert Eagle InstantHitDamage 50>85
    Desert Eagle Recoil 200>500
    Last edited by Wraiyth; 02-15-2016 at 07:05 PM.

Thank lord this change-log was released!

Can't wait to see the human changes and the new map.

It's finished downloading but it just says "Update Paused" and when i try to start it I get a "Disk Read Error".

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg_panda View Post
    It's finished downloading but it just says "Update Paused" and when i try to start it I get a "Disk Read Error".
    I had the same issue, just try restarting steam

Quote Originally Posted by PandaSwag View Post
    I had the same issue, just try restarting steam
    Restarting steam had no effect, however re-installing the game does work - for anyone that gets this error also, if restarting doesn't work, re-install it.

Official human-hogger (mostly).

Them drastic speed nerfs though. o_O

welp i cant find any servers at all

is that a bug or something

invalid signiture space please refrain from saying goose otherwise the world might explode

Yeah it happens to everyone. Although, now when I play the actual game it doesn't show the server list at all..

I'm looking forward to being able to play some matches with these new toys so I'll be able to better determine what works and what doesn't, until then here are some first impressions.

The Good

I'm very impressed with the M4, Glock, and Double Barreled as of now. A basic pistol like the Glock has been something I've wanted in the game for a while now and I'm just as happy to see the Commando have a primary that has a chance of hitting a raptor or a spitter without the use of a gimmicky-as-hell grenade/rocket/whatever the hell it is.

The Machete seems to be a nice surprise as well since I've feared that a dedicated melee weapon in a game like this would be nigh useless, it needs proper testing during a match but it seems to operate similarly to the L4D melee weapons with it's wide swing, which is a good thing because of how speedy the smaller dinos are.

The (Potentially) Bad

I get the feeling that the SPAS is a little too potent but I'm still not quite sure about it, the damage drop off does a better job at keeping it balanced than the lower rate of fire but even so 500 damage at point blank seems a little extreme. I've had another idea as to how it could work but that'll have to be for a more in depth thread.

As much as I love how the Carno is (finally) getting nerfed, I'm a little worried that the decreased speed and increased acceleration time has made it too slow to get to top speed. It'll be another thing that needs some testing in a match but if this is the way that the Carno must move, it might not be a bad idea to consider giving it a little something like a stamina boost - A Carno that sacrifices top speed and acceleration for longer charging time might work.

The Ugly

After this latest Ptera nerf I can't help but wonder why in the name of ♥♥♥♥ does C5 hate it so much. Lets not kid ourselves here, the Ptera has gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to balancing for a while now and the amount of nerfs that it needed was somewhere between zero and none, if anything it's speed needed an increase not the freaking opposite. The changes it's received isn't balancing so much as abuse to such an extent that I have to wonder if there's some kind of video game equivalent of social services.

Also while the Double Barreled shotgun seems sound, it's agonizingly slow to restock should you run out of ammo. It might have more to do with the mechanics behind ammo replenishment than anything but surely we can do something to speed the process up, otherwise a pathfinder with a bone-dry Double Barreled might as well hurl himself off a cliff or into a Rex's mouth - It'd certainly be a faster way of getting his ammo back.
    Last edited by Goat Stealer; 02-16-2016 at 09:23 PM.

Honestly not sure why either Pterosaur god nerfed. The Pteranodon was already useless if you had a sniper who could aim, now with the Tupa even slower than the Ptera was, I worry that neither pterosaur will be useful. I know that there was the issue with speed related to the grabbing mechanic, and I can understand if it needed slowed down, but it's been in need of a buff for a while now of some kind, and nerfing its speed with only a stamina buff is ridiculous.
    I want a strong independent tranq rifle that don't need no scope #AntiDolt

Quote Originally Posted by Flishster View Post
    now with the Tupa even slower than the Ptera was, I worry that neither pterosaur will be useful.
    I wouldn't write off Tupa just yet. Though he is slower now, Tupa's charge now deals 75 damage instead of 45 and still has the ability to peck during his charge, potentially letting him do 105 damage in one quick burst. That's pretty scary considering the amount of other dino attacks that do 45 damage or more.

That said, I think the pterosaurs didn't deserve the speed nerf. I'd at least put Ptera back to his old speed. I could live with Tupa being a bit slower than he was before, but the speed nerf he got is a little too much.
    -Keep your signature within 750x160-

Tupa honestly should not do that kind of damage IMO. All it needed was to be slightly slowed (current version seems too much). As for Ptera, hell no to the air speed nerf.
    To keep (what remains of) your sanity when balancing, keep humans with the same base stats. Also upscale the smaller classes to match the upscaled humans. It will help.

I would really like to know what exactly the Ptera's grabbing issue is. Right now the only problem I personally remember seeing about it was how difficult it was to successfully grab someone and while it hasn't completely gone away, the upscaling of the humans helped with it. If that really was the big problem with it then it makes the speed nerf that much more dumb because refined grab mechanics won't count for much if the Ptera's unable to carry a victim far or even get close enough to snatch one without being mowed down due to it's sluggishness.

Yeah I don't see the logic in these speed nerfs either. None of that was called for.

Thread Information