Close

PCE Level Diagrams - Navigation for Noobs!

Hey fans. I've been away from the forums for a long time now, but with the release of the SDK, I've been getting inspiration to do some new projects.

With the ability to view maps from top-down and show/hide objects, it's now possible to make scale diagrams of the Primal Carnage levels. These maps may help new players to learn safe spots and supply box locations without the risk of getting slaughtered! I have added icons to mark the health, ammo and food, and added a scale so you can get an idea of distance*. I've also added a few extra bits of trivia to some of them. Warning: the download images are large!

* A note about units: The conversions in these maps are based on the assumption that a Commando (the tallest human class) is 190cm tall. In UDK, he is 96 Unreal units tall. There is no canon height data for the human characters, but I think this is a good estimate.
    Last edited by RestrainedRaptor; 03-12-2016 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Redone all maps, and added pc-contingency, re-hosted on Sta.sh
    PCE Level Diagrams - adding more each week!
    GTTC Variants for Classic Maps - let's give GTTC some more love!

should do docks and contingency next, they're the most played maps in the game

Docks is pretty small and open, so it's easy for newbies to learn. Contingency is something I'll definitely prioritise, because even I still don't think I know all the health/ammo locations. It's so massive, with so much unused space, and I think Apoc moved some items around in the last few months too. Another one I want to do is Forest Chasm.

you think you can do a valley navigation next?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Gaming-Lag View Post
    you think you can do a valley navigation next?
    Valley is freeroam map...

This is a very nice idea. Please do!

(FLoFF) Floofie: I fear that person with my life

Thanks for the support, guys. I thought nobody would see it!

I have now added Contingency to the list of maps! I've also redone both Airbase and Utility Base to match the new style, and I reckon they look a lot better than the old ones. I think Contingency is my favourite because of the clean shape of the map outline.

Edit: it looks like Imgur is scaling down the images significantly, so I'll try and host them elsewhere.
    Edit 2: Re-hosted the images on Sta.sh to keep full resolution. They only supply tiny thumbnails but you can view the entire folder via the link to see the names.
    Last edited by RestrainedRaptor; 03-10-2016 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Uploaded on Sta.sh

Thread Information