Close
    Primal Carnage Team

Important changes to security, trading and marketplace

Valve today announced further changes to account security and item trading.

As you may be aware, Steam added a feature called "Trade Holds" to help with account security if you did not have your account linked to the Mobile Authenticator. These trade holds were for a period of 3 days; Valve has announced that as of March 9th that period of time will be extended to 15 days for those who do not have their account secured by the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator.
    This extends to placing items on the Marketplace, with a hold period for placing items onto the market when you aren't using Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator.

For the full announcement, read http://store.steampowered.com/news/20631

We fully support the changes Valve are making. As an economy-enabled game, account and item security is of utmost importance to us and our players. We recommend that you protect your account via Steam Guard as soon as possible in order for these changes to have minimal impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraiyth View Post
    We recommend that you protect your account via Steam Guard as soon as possible in order for these changes to have minimal impact.
    LOL. I'll get right on that with the smart phone I don't have and can't afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonvoid View Post
    Yeah, thought the same thing. I still use a plain old cell phone. No steam guard for me.

And the market holds are bull♥♥♥♥, now I shant be able to sell much of anything. 15 days is a really long time on the market place

Oh well, I suppose this a good thing, further motivation for me to stop gaming and move on to more important things.
    Last edited by Arrozito; 03-01-2016 at 07:52 PM.

You'd think someone could cancel a trade within 3 days
    "Juvia lives for the ones that she loves! You've got to as well. If you have love in your life, you must keep on living!”

Philosoraptor
    I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time
    Well that means no trading for me.

Unless the trader or the receiver can wait 15 days.

Primal Carnage Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonvoid View Post
    Unfortunately this is a Valve restriction, so there's nothing we can do about it.

Guys, you can just download the desktop authenticator or an android emulator. EZ PZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenraptor View Post
    Guys, you can just download the desktop authenticator or an android emulator. EZ PZ.
    Which works perfectly fine and safe. My phone doesn't support the app, and this works just as good.

Where can you get said Authenticator?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenraptor View Post
    Tell us more of this sorcery. And where to find such dark arts.

Quote Originally Posted by Merking View Post
    Where can you get said Authenticator?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrozito View Post
    Tell us more of this sorcery. And where to find such dark arts.
    The link was posted in the previous thread about this.

EDIT: CLICK ME

Well I never traded alot anyway, and I'm not comfortable adding other programs in order to get that authenticator working.

Oh, guess what, they added something else that I can't seem to read anywhere there. I now have to actually confirm EVERY item I add to the market through the app, even those worth a few cents. This really is ridiculous!
    You Ain't Much If You Ain't Dutch! Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/allyslayernl If you wish to add me to Steam: theslayernl

You know what, I hate how everything is making you require a phone these days, especially since a phone can be easily lost or forgotten. Also, you have people who can't afford a good phone or a phone that doesn't support the steam auth (Like mine, a Windows phone) because they don't have the "proper" Google play store. I hate things like this. It's just making the generations get more attached to their phone. :/

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneChaos View Post
    You know what, I hate how everything is making you require a phone these days, especially since a phone can be easily lost or forgotten. Also, you have people who can't afford a good phone or a phone that doesn't support the steam auth (Like mine, a Windows phone) because they don't have the "proper" Google play store. I hate things like this. It's just making the generations get more attached to their phone. :/
    I completely agree and that 90% user claim of theirs is an obvious lie.

Thread Information