Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Genuine Questions

Why do people play basictesting? I'm actually curious, what is the allure? Why do servers think running it is a good idea?
    To keep (what remains of) your sanity when balancing, keep humans with the same base stats. Also upscale the smaller classes to match the upscaled humans. It will help.

Just replace Patrick Star with roleplayers and you get the general gist.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoBear View Post
    Why do people play basictesting? I'm actually curious, what is the allure? Why do servers think running it is a good idea?
    Its because of the swimable water feature and killable pawns all over the place. Plus its great for just derping around.

some one better make a 2.0 o that map to replace the current one

invalid signiture space please refrain from saying goose otherwise the world might explode

People with lower end computers can run that map easier than the other maps.
    Inb4 Devs cave in and turn PC:E into a full-on roleplaying game.

Philosoraptor
    I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time
    Its fun map.
    Just the right size, not much bushes or anything that will distract you, boxes/corpses just on the right place, water for quick escapes
    It makes the game faster. No unreachable places, no hidings.

I have honestly no clue. It's not even meant to be played on, let alone it actually being a good map. It's horrible to play on and I can't fathom why some people choose it as their favorite map.
    "No matter what the future may bring, some things will never change! Like the courage and daring of true heroes!" RIP Bionicle.

I hate the map, hate it, hate it, hate it.

I can see why it'd be fun for free-roam or whatever, but that map has no business being in TDM servers. It's horrible, humans either hide in the water or under that one structure and it just gets really boring really fast.

And the DLG server, which is one of the few TDM servers that gets steady amounts of players, seems to always play that map, and of course it's 500 kills, so it's stuck on that map for an eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrozito View Post
    I hate the map, hate it, hate it, hate it.

I can see why it'd be fun for free-roam or whatever, but that map has no business being in TDM servers. It's horrible, humans either hide in the water or under that one structure and it just gets really boring really fast.

And the DLG server, which is one of the few TDM servers that gets steady amounts of players, seems to always play that map, and of course it's 500 kills, so it's stuck on that map for an eternity.
    The map shouldn't be played on anything but FR and RP. Dunno why anybody would make a tdm out of it lol, I guess DLG just wanted to try it out and forgot to change the gamemode?

Anyways, this is 1 of the most important FR-maps, probably is, shows how swimming can affect tdm, and shows how the night time could work in tdm. It was kind of a test for that sorta stuff without making a serious TDM map about it. So it's kinda fine hosting tdm for it, but I mean, fr is better with killing allowed.

I agree with @gigabyter. It shouldn't really be played on anything but RP and FR. It's not worth it on TDM.

Hatchling Accuracy Could Be Better's Avatar
    hint: almost always sunny but gas prices are outa wack
    it's actually pretty fun for a more casual TDM with lots of players, the resulting mayhem is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Accuracy Could Be Better View Post
    it's actually pretty fun for a more casual TDM with lots of players, the resulting mayhem is hilarious
    It may be fun, but only sometimes. :P Especially in the water, humans have an advantage. In sand, the birds have an advantage of being able to go under map and out from floor.

This map is ♥♥♥♥

Quote Originally Posted by Pepesaurus Rex View Post
    This map is ♥♥♥♥
    Hello HubiPL, of course it is, it's a test map, people shouldn't even host it on official tdm servers.

Quote Originally Posted by GigaByter (Redthing) View Post
    Hello HubiPL, of course it is, it's a test map, people shouldn't even host it on official tdm servers.
    Thats right.

Thread Information