Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Open letter to server admins, stop being ***holes!

So before I start let me get some of the obvious and necessary qualifications out of the way:

-This is mostly about TDM servers, I could care less what you do in RP and Freeroam, I never play those.
    -I know all sever admins are not guilty of the following offences, so please don't take this as an assault on all server admins. I know many of you are good admins that run good servers and are both fair and just in your admin-ing.
    -I won't list any specific admins nor servers, you know who you are. And some servers have both very good admins and very obnoxious ones.
    -Yes, it is your server and you can do anything you want it, you are essentially absolute monarchs in your domains, I understand that. This is a polite request that you contribute to making the experience better for everyone.
    -Yes, I am perfectly aware that if 'I don't like it' I am free to leave. I often do, but more often than not, it's the only TDM server with more than 3 people in it, so I just end up quitting the game and coming back later.

Okay, with that out of the way:

There's a problem I've noticed more and more lately on the TDM servers that I've been frequenting. Occasionally, an admin or two will be present in the game. And there are certain obnoxious behaviors I have seen that ruin the game for everyone. Usually this involves as the admin using admin powers to make themselves invincible and they simply go and stand in the middle of all of the fighting watching everything or running around. (Nearly always as a dino on the time team). This is not helpful for us on the human team, PCE is a very fast paced game, and we play very reflexively. If I come around a corner and find a dilo right there, I'm going to shoot it without thinking. And if just so happens that this is an invincible admin just standing there, I'm distracted and I've wasted a shot and I'm immediately killed by another player.

Consider also that you're taking up slots on your team (I think), and having valuable team members being essentially AFK just skews competition. Other behaviours include joining the human team as a hunt raptor, being an invisible raptor and jumping around in front of people and starting at them so they will notice you and your lordly admin powers. Spawning random crap to clutter map. Haha, so funny. Increasing your size to be a giant ptera and taking up the entire skybox with your flapping motions. Decreasing your size to be a very small ptera and going around and killing human players while joking that you are a mosquito. So funny, har har har.

The list could go on. This can be all fun and entertaining in Freeroam and RP and chilling with friends and whatever. But my point is this: Please stop being ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s while the rest of us are trying to enjoy a competitive game. It ruins the experience for everyone and honestly makes you look like an attention-starved introvert with no real friends who's been given power and authority for the first time so you abuse it at the expense of others to entertain yourself.

Now, if you actually are an an attention-starved introvert with no real friends. That's okay, the first step to becoming a well respected admin with many true friends, is to be a good admin. Talk to people, get feedback about your server, take requests on occasion, play with the players, ban trolls and hackers, and have a good time without needing to abuse your powers to get people to pay attention to you.

This is my humble request and I hope this general sentiment gets spread around so even admins who don't frequent the forums might perhaps be motivated to behave better.

Sounds like an horrible server, The only servers i would recommend right now is "Laid back Gaming" and "TDM 4 maps 25 mins No kill limit" server. Never have seem that kind of crap going around in those.

Quote Originally Posted by Armonite View Post
    Sounds like an horrible server, The only servers i would recommend right now is "Laid back Gaming" and "TDM 4 maps 25 mins No kill limit" server. Never have seem that kind of crap going around in those.
    I've seen Birdskull do it, pretty annoying. He / she is on the spectator team, but it still effects the gameplay.

MADE BY THE EPIC GIGABYTER! (FORMERLY KNOWN AS REDTHING)

Quote Originally Posted by Primal News (Hemlock) View Post
    I've seen Birdskull do it, pretty annoying. He / she is on the spectator team, but it still effects the gameplay.
    Fairly mild compared to what was listed by Arrozito...

I completely agree with Arrozito in every single way here!

Quote Originally Posted by Armonite View Post
    I actually saw this kind of stuff happen on both of those servers yesterday. Friendly invincible Novaraptor on 4 maps, and giant invincible ptera who kicked people who asked why she was showing off her admin powers on Laid Back Gaming.
    I want a strong independent tranq rifle that don't need no scope #AntiDolt

Philosoraptor
    I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time
    Laid back also has those kinds.
    He changes size, goes to godmode and just stands there on a very used place.

I don't remember which server it was, since it happened a few days ago, but I remember the Admin was in Godmode as a raptor and they were killing people!
    I'm 100% sure that admin raptor was in Godmode, I've seen so many humans waste bullets and grenades at it and nothing happened.

The worst is that the person was not standing around, they were actually playing and killing humans (and I was on the human team) while being in godmode, it was super annoying and everyone was wasting their ammo at that raptor. AND THE FRICKING THING WAS ATTACKING US.

That is just not cool at all, but I just didn't feel like wasting my time to point out how crappy that was :/
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

The only thing I've done in Laid Back Gaming is sit and watch and deal with people who play rudely. Or I join a match and play. I've gone godmode before but I only do it in spectator when I've spawned in as something.
    If you're having issues with people in the server I've always said to talk to me, but I don't go godmode and kill people. I do however, think I know who you are talking about and I will have a conversation with Drake about it.

-edit-
    Spoken with him about it, it'll be dealt with. If any of you have any problems with admin abuse on the server contact me or Drake, and we'll deal with it.

I do have to ask, what exactly is the point of 'spectating in god mode'? Why not just be an actual spectator? Even if you're not going around and killing anyone, it still affects gameplay when there's an invincible raptor standing around and taunting.

Also as an admin who's spawned in and "spectating" does it actually take up a slot on the team? Cause that's not very nice to the people who'd actually want to play but couldn't join that team if there's an admin on that team that doesn't do anything.

Point is, if you're going to spawn, you should play. If you're not gonna play, don't spawn. Use the real spectate mode.

If one summons and then avatars a model they're spawned in, it doesn't take a slot. And honestly, spawning in as something while spectating is just something admins do because sitting and watching all the time is kind of boring.
    Also, sometimes people actually have fun with admins spawning in as something in spectator.
    For a fact, in LBG, I used to host little contests to see who could kill the Hunt Raptor, and whoever did it won a prize. If you don't like that, you could come back to the server when the round is over.

Lastly, if you really have that much of a problem, then I'm sure there are other servers for you to play on. It seems that every single time I'm on the forums or I'm needed on the forums, there's some person wanting to argue over something dumb. So unless there's an actual, legitimate reason that I need to reply from here on out, don't expect me to.

Hey I used to do that

(FLoFF) Floofie: I fear that person with my life

Server admins and/or server owners can do whatever they want when they want in servers they own or police. These servers are paid for by the owner and if they want to ♥♥♥♥ around and not play the game then they have every right to. Its not your money they're blowing. As far as the 4 Map TDM server goes the only time anything is spawned or the admins screw around with sizes is when there's less than 5 people in the room. There is no game to be had with so few players so the idea that we are interrupting anything competitive is ludicrous. God mode on the other hand is used by admins on this server to deal with people who break server rules. If I'm forced into disciplining someone who either doesn't understand basic English or refuses to play by our rules I'm sure as hell am not going to ruin my score by standing still without some form of protection. I do try to move away from people to deal with problem players, but sometimes it cannot be helped. If you have any issues with this server please feel free to contact me through steam or through private messaging on this forum.

Yeah, that doesn't make a lot of sense, imo. We already have a spectator feature, why do you need to spawn in god mode? It really gets in the way, and most of the time, leads to admins killing players while in god mode.

Quote Originally Posted by _MaxPlays View Post
    Yeah, that doesn't make a lot of sense, imo. We already have a spectator feature, why do you need to spawn in god mode? It really gets in the way, and most of the time, leads to admins killing players while in god mode.
    How does that not make sense? If an admin is going to deal with a problem player, while sitting on one of the teams, they should have every right to lock into godmode so they can deal with a troll and help your gameplay experience.

Personally, I believe if all of you have such a huge problem playing on servers where admins are doing their JOBS, then don't play on those servers. Problem fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishia View Post
    Server admins and/or server owners can do whatever they want when they want in servers they own or police. These servers are paid for by the owner and if they want to ♥♥♥♥ around and not play the game then they have every right to. Its not your money they're blowing.
    Funny, I use my own PC to run server, does cost electricity and stuff but hell no money to run the server
    You Ain't Much If You Ain't Dutch! Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/allyslayernl If you wish to add me to Steam: theslayernl

Thread Information