Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not all of us host servers on our own network. Most servers are bought and paid for from providers such as PingPerfect. Then again regardless of whether or not it costs money you still own your server and you have every right to do whatever you want with it.

^ I dont also pay for the server, It's jsut part of the electricity and internet bill xD But when I host server I consider I can do what I want, most of the time, not doing so to be fair, but I gotta admit that when someone has been irritating me or my friend while we have our roleplay goin on server where its more than allowed I have used the evil admin powers to drive them away. I could always kick or ban, but i dont like to do that when its for reason like they didnt want to leave my nest XD ... but yeah...
    The forum falcon

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." - Seneca.
    Last edited by Fusreya; 11-30-2016 at 05:46 PM.

Guess you stopped just before I put my TDM Server up, though it has been quite empty lately too, since they brought back the official servers. Give it another try once next patch comes out, I guess plenty are waiting for that due to some balance problems in current patch.
    You Ain't Much If You Ain't Dutch! Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/allyslayernl If you wish to add me to Steam: theslayernl

I also host my own server at times, however lately it has been down due to issues with it and a broken down laptop. I have 2 admins on my server, me included, and we both have 2 years of admin experience. Heck, I don't have time to play sometimes thanks to keeping an eye on the players. I hope that with the upcoming patch people will stop loot farming as much and acctually play the game. It is sad to see PCE reduced to what it is now. Honestly it is more enjoyable now than it ever has been, not counting some of the bigger balance issues like tupa knockback and carno acceleration.

If you guys ever feel like it, drop by if my server is up. Slayer's server is also pretty good when it comes to responsible admins. I avoid Laid back gaming thanks to immature admins and the basictesting map.
    Let's hatch this rare one!

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    I also host my own server at times, however lately it has been down due to issues with it and a broken down laptop. I have 2 admins on my server, me included, and we both have 2 years of admin experience. Heck, I don't have time to play sometimes thanks to keeping an eye on the players. I hope that with the upcoming patch people will stop loot farming as much and acctually play the game. It is sad to see PCE reduced to what it is now. Honestly it is more enjoyable now than it ever has been, not counting some of the bigger balance issues like tupa knockback and carno acceleration.

If you guys ever feel like it, drop by if my server is up. Slayer's server is also pretty good when it comes to responsible admins. I avoid Laid back gaming thanks to immature admins and the basictesting map.
    What's happening on LBG? I admin on that server but I haven't been on in ages. If it's an issue with server admins I'd like to know who, because we've been having problems with admin command abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdskull31 View Post
    What's happening on LBG? I admin on that server but I haven't been on in ages. If it's an issue with server admins I'd like to know who, because we've been having problems with admin command abuse.
    The times I've been on the LBG server I've just not really enjoyed my time there. I personally dispise the bacictesting map for TDM, and I've also encountered a few admins abusing commands. It is simply not my kind of server. This was very long ago tho, so I can't help you with any names sadly.
    Let's hatch this rare one!

I'm not an Admin on a TDM server but I'm an admin on the Dark Souls Free roam server. I just want to ask, when you say about them standing in the middle of everything, does this mean in the middle of the fight on the ground and is, standing on top of buildings and tall crates fine with you?
    http://dragcave.net/dragons Click my dragons for cookies .3.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather View Post
    I'm not an Admin on a TDM server but I'm an admin on the Dark Souls Free roam server. I just want to ask, when you say about them standing in the middle of everything, does this mean in the middle of the fight on the ground and is, standing on top of buildings and tall crates fine with you?
    I think people are less concerned with what admins do on free-roam servers. We all understand that free-roam is an enter-at-your-own-risk game-mode of chaos and anarchy. The thread was directed at TDM admins that use god commands and do things that can be distracting, confusing, or unfair to gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonvoid View Post
    I think people are less concerned with what admins do on free-roam servers. We all understand that free-roam is an enter-at-your-own-risk game-mode of chaos and anarchy. The thread was directed at TDM admins that use god commands and do things that can be distracting, confusing, or unfair to gameplay.
    I know that but, I was just wondering.
    http://dragcave.net/dragons Click my dragons for cookies .3.

Thread Information