Close

Landscape Materials appearing black

All of the landscape materials are showing up as black for me. The only exceptions are "Grasscliffprop01" and "Landscape_Snow", though the latter does not appear when applied to a landscape, it just appears with the lavender and white boxes, the other materials show up as black in the content browser and when applied to the landscape.
    I want a strong independent tranq rifle that don't need no scope #AntiDolt

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flishster View Post
    All of the landscape materials are showing up as black for me..
    I have a feeling you're either using the wrong materials or have set them up incorrectly. Make sure you've followed all the steps as outlined in the Landscape wiki page... http://primalcarnage.com/devwiki/ind...itor_Landscape

that's the tutorial I'm following. Went to ENV_Landscape_MI, at first none of them were loaded so I had to fully load the package, and when I did they all showed up as black except for the two I mentioned before. I didn't touch them otherwise.

Out in the open field of classic Utility Base
    NVM what I said, It sounded similar to a problem I had, but this is different.

Steam- SpinoRavenger

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    that's the tutorial I'm following. Went to ENV_Landscape_MI, at first none of them were loaded so I had to fully load the package, and when I did they all showed up as black except for the two I mentioned before. I didn't touch them otherwise.
    You can't really preview a landscape material in the content browser. You'll only see it once you applied it, set up the texture layers and started painting. I'd advise firing up a map that has a landscape you like the look of and finding its material. BTW, that GrassCliffProp material is.. well.. a prop material, not a landscape material. It's in there as an emergency use case for when we need large stretches of green in the background, like the flat ground plane used outside of Contingency.

Just tried that, I used Marsh's landscape material, appeared black when I applied it.

Just tried that, I used Marsh's landscape material, appeared black when I applied it.
    Thats supposed to happen. After it turns black, you go to the landscaping tool that you first used to create your landscape, scroll down until you find "Layers", click edit, and add the layers "Grass", "Rock", "Mud", and "Dirt".

(FLoFF) Floofie: I fear that person with my life

I got it *sort of* working. I was able to add two layers, but even doing that was giving me trouble and I'm not entirely sure how I actually did. If I tried to add a material by clicking the arrow, nothing happens, and if I manually add the name myself, the name vanishes after I click out or press enter.

EDIT: I figured it out. I'm just dumb. Thanks for the help, guys.
    Last edited by Flishster; 03-12-2016 at 07:21 PM.

Thread Information