Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Primal Carnage Team

Build 6523 Released

Hi all!

We're releasing a new build of Open Testing today. See below for the changelog.

Accessing the build
    Open Testing now has its own App ID on Steam, and its back being fully functional! No more having to download a branch! You can find "Primal Carnage Extinction Open Testing" in your games list.

Server
    We're running an official open testing server called "PCE Official Open Testing" in the US region. You can join the official open testing server by connecting to IP Address 192.223.31.152 or finding it in the server browser.

Feedback
    Please provide feedback based on the guidelines that Apoc has provided in these forums.
    This build we are primarily looking for feedback on the balance changes, Stat-Track and the initial pass of the new Hunt gametype.

Changes
    First pass on Hunt mode
    First pass on Stat-Track implementation. All players who join in Open Testing this weekend will receive a free Common Dinosaur stat-track item.

Fixed Pyro chainsaw hitting players behind him
    Fixed distance crossfade for dynamite explosion sound
    Fixed explosives not hurting teammates
    Fixed explosive deaths counting as suicide

Added some more smoke and debris to dynamite explosion effect
    Added the ability for quick melee to interrupt reloading, firing and scoping
    Explosives only deal 50% damage to their owners
    Improved chat logging in Free Roam

Balance
    Increased Stungun range from 768 to 1280
    Increased Ptera AirSpeed from 300 to 400
    Increased Tupa AirSpeed from 350 to 450
    Increased Passive Melee damage from 50 to 75
    Increased Trapper Net/Stun damage bonus from 2x to 3x
    Increased Machete damage from 100 to 180
    Decreased SPAS12 damage from 30 per shell to 20 per shell
    Increased SPAS12 rate of fire
    Removed SPAS12 secondary fire

Known Issues
    Hunt has a few known issues, including:
    Chat is bugged (not displaying)
    No user specific notifications or UI about what's happening
    Raptor Cloak mode is on 24/7 rather than toggled via a bind

Stat-Track is first pass only. The name prefixes are not functional in-game at all and are placeholder on Steam. This will be fixed over the next few weeks. However please test to ensure that your skins are updating the kill stats being tracked, and if you can see the stat-track value when spectating other people who are using a stat-track skin.

It may be a good idea to explain what you are supposed to do in hunt mode more or less, rules etc.

Edit: Hunt Mode is not in available in "Host Game" menu. How am I supposed to test it then?
    Fire rate of SPAS is over the top. I can shot so fast that reloading animation cannot be finished before I start to shot again.

Well, FML, I can't get the server to show up in list nor can I connect using Open 192.223.31.152 in console, it just gives "Authentication failed". I have no clue why it is doing so weird

EDIT: Nvm, seems running as admin made this not work, turned that off and it works O.o
    You Ain't Much If You Ain't Dutch! Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/allyslayernl If you wish to add me to Steam: theslayernl

Banned
    Thanks for remove SPAS secondary, i said it's nonsense thing.

This build is pretty nice. The flyers feel good again, especially the Ptera although I feel the Tupa might be "too" fast and should maybe be toned down a little.

Melee is MUCH better now, good job on that. Stungun range is definitely better as well but i'm still failing to see why someone would choose it over the netgun. The netgun immobilizes 3 out of 5 classes and limits the attacks on the other 2 while the stungun immobilizes 2 out of 5 classes and doesn't have any noticeable effect(?) on the other 3 besides damage I assume.

Wasn't able to find Hunt mode anywhere so I haven't tried that out yet.
    "No matter what the future may bring, some things will never change! Like the courage and daring of true heroes!" RIP Bionicle.

No Carno fix?

What's wrong with Carno? The SPAS nerfs seem to have fixed it mostly, I would think, since the SPAS can't even kill it in one clip.
    I want a strong independent tranq rifle that don't need no scope #AntiDolt

Quote Originally Posted by Flishster View Post
    What's wrong with Carno?
    Whats right about it? The carno nerf is on the same level as the dilo nerf on original PC or worse the only reason you don't see more complaning around here is because it's one of the less picked classes around. Right now it's just a crippled class that isn't good at anything that other dinos do better and feels unresponsive to move around.

"Wraiyth [developer] 8 Mar @ 9:33pm
    We've addressed all of these points across a whole bunch of threads already. To recap:

The Trapper melee will get a damage buff on netted and stunned targets, meaning it will take 2 stabs to kill a netted and 1 stab for a stunned. We've also allowed melee to interrupt reloading etc.
    Carno will likely get a small speed boost
    Jump delays will be lowered."

The Carno was incredibly common, unlike the Dilo which was almost never played before its change.

I will agree it feels unresponsive, though. I have had instances where I randomly stop running even though I still have stamina which can be a bit of an issue.

It's not good at anything the other Dinos do better because of the Tupa buffs if anything, though that's not the carno's fault, that's the Tupa's.

I'm actually thinking that this Tupa may be overpowered. The one thing keeping the current Tupa from being completely bonkers is its slow speed. They just gave Tupa its blazing speed back (well, it's slightly slower but still), but didn't do anything about the insane damage. IMHO, Tupa needs something done about its damage. I think it should just be reverted to the way it was before (45 damage charge, 30 damage peck).
    -Keep your signature within 750x160-

Honestly the Tupa changes to begin with seemed completely pointless so I agree they should be reverted.

we need more officail servers for hunt mode

invalid signiture space please refrain from saying goose otherwise the world might explode

Banned
    How to join hunt mode? Im really interesed about that.

I like that Tupa kills in two hits, but please change the speed back to a slower pace. The higher damage but slower keeps it balanced but simply makes it more fun to play, and more people will play it, and it's more satisfying to kill it.

MADE BY THE EPIC GIGABYTER! (FORMERLY KNOWN AS REDTHING)

Tupa was always able to kill people in two hits. The only difference is that you had to land the peck to do so whereas now, the two hit kill is a guarantee. Landing the peck now does obscene damage, often nabbing one hit kills with the insane knockback. While the current Tupa is being used quite a lot, previous Tupas weren't a completely rare sight. The reason that people are using it more now is because now it doesn't take much effort to get kills with it. It's the same reason why everybody uses Raptors, Pathys, and Commandos. They're both easy to use and very powerful. With that in mind, popularity does not mean a class is balanced and can mean the opposite.

Personally, I found the previous Tupa to be more fun. I prefer the faster gameplay to the current sluggish Tupa.
    -Keep your signature within 750x160-

Thread Information